How do the hell does one go about growing a Moz quiff?

Just out of interest how do you suggest that somebody would go about developing a nice, neat Morrissey quiff. I would like to have one and hope I could pull it off. I would prefer to go for a Southpaw era style one although I cannot get those side burns. This looks nice http://motorcycleaupairboy.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=311. Any tips on how to start, where to begin?

The reason it's so hard for most people to approximate his quiff is because, if you look closely, his hair actually grows up and away from his forehead, rather than straight out or down. This gives his quiff a lot of natural lift. I don't suspect it was always that way, but after years of teasing his hair up, it started to grow that way. I prefer the Vauxhall/Southpaw hair than the huge bouffant-like quiffs of the early years.

Just out of interest how do you suggest that somebody would go about developing a nice, neat Morrissey quiff. I would like to have one and hope I could pull it off. I would prefer to go for a Southpaw era style one although I cannot get those side burns. This looks nice http://motorcycleaupairboy.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=311. Any tips on how to start, where to begin?

when i was young and not dating an ex-hairdresser i just brought in a picture to the salon and said i'd like my hair cut like so. once you have said cut, just blow dry and add some mousse. i am a fan of kill uncle era hair.

Do you reckon it can be a simple cut from a hairdressers and then the application of products? I really hope so as I am prepared to do this. Thanks for tips :)

i don´t really know, i´m a girl and have rather long-ish hair, but i used to have a straight fringe that´s grown out now and i recently wanted to make myself a rockabilly quiff and when i just pulled it up and added lots of hairspray, it looked like a morrissey quiff.. plus, i was wearing nhs glasses, so i ran into my flatmates room and said "look, i´m morrissey!!" - she wasn´t impressed. when i got the glasses, she said the day i´d show up with a quiff, she´d start worrying.. so i went on and got the rockabilly quiff and she was ok with that.. yeah well.. i don´t look a thing like morrissey..

grow it until its curling round your ears and bushy, then as someones said take a good pic into the salon and request it done. don't be too ambitious to begin with it'll take a while for your hair to get used to standing up like that, so start low and grow it higher.
let us know how you get on... :)

It will be strange as I usually have short hair so growing it for a while will be very odd indeed. All my friends when they grow their hair it looks like some emo style and nobody has grown theirs in a quiff. I can be the first to start the trend at school :) Any ideas of how the hell I could magic up some sideburns likein the posted picture on the first post in this thread or am I just dreaming of something that cannot be done?

One could always buy a stick on quiff.Great big Ouija Board type quiffs(you know what I mean) Its an interesting concept. They could be sold at shows in the foyer and we could all stick them on en-masse. I reckon the Moz would be so flabberghasted he wouldn`t be able to sing.:p

Uh, not to be mean or rude (or anything other than honest and blunt) but why would anyone want to look like Moz? I mean.... there's only one Moz, I find it kinda poser-ish and lame when people who look nothing like the man attempt his style etc..... but whatev, maybe I'm wrong :rolleyes:

(speaking in general not anyone in particular on this thread) :)

Last edited:
Uh, not to be mean or rude (or anything other than honest and blunt) but why would anyone want to look like Moz? I mean.... there's only one Moz, I find it kinda poser-ish and lame when people who look nothing like the man attempt his style etc..... but whatev, maybe I'm wrong :rolleyes:

(speaking in general not anyone in particular on this thread) :)

Moz looks like a rockabilly, he never invented the look he copied us, especially in Your Arsenal era.

Moz looks like a rockabilly, he never invented the look he copied us, especially in Your Arsenal era.

You make me laugh mister :p

*image is removed*

Then my statement (above) is even more effective, why would anyone want to pose as another poser, why? lol

:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to the barbers or hairdressers. Get a short, back & sides, a grade 2. leave it long on top...comb it back. Use hair gel or wax and style it.

Go to the barbers or hairdressers. Get a short, back & sides, a grade 2. leave it long on top...comb it back. Use hair gel or wax and style it.

Doesn't get anymore simple and helpful than that..... to the point, zero BS.

But, first one should really think "does this particular hairstyle look good on me? or am I just getting it because my favorite artist has it?"
You know, common-sense stuff. :cool:

Last edited:
Doens't get anymore simple and helpful than that..... to the point, zero BS.

But, first one should really think "does this particular hairstyle look good on me? or am I just getting it because my favorite artist has it?"
You know, common-sense stuff. :cool:

well, he won't know until he gets it cut & styled will he...then if it doesn't suit the lad, he can grow it out.

Why don't you watch the Trumpers scene from the "Importance Of Being Morrissey"...that way you will get to see the cut and Morrisseys very own drying and styling techniques..."why meddle with a masterpiece?"

Why don't you watch the Trumpers scene from the "Importance Of Being Morrissey"...that way you will get to see the cut and Morrisseys very own drying and styling techniques..."why meddle with a masterpiece?"

No, all morrissey does there is get a short back and sides.

Just go to the barber or hairdresser and ask for a short, back and sides and tell them it's because you want a quiff.

God its been a VERY long time since anyone called me a doll...but I kinda like it!;)

I like your new specs by the way!

righty o :o

thank you :)

I must say to keep your hair like Morrissey's or in a quiff, you will need to get it cut very regularly. That's why i stopped bothering with it (which was a long time ago).

Back
Top Bottom