How come not many teens listen to the Smiths/Morrissey?

So your question should be.....

How come not many teens in Chicago listen......

I'll be at the Star & Garter tonight in Manchester and there will be quite a few teens there. Myself included:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

So your question should be.....

How come not many teens in Chicago listen......

I'll be at the Star & Garter tonight in Manchester and there will be quite a few teens there. Myself included:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

Hahaha, yeah! I would love love love love love to have someone on my side who adores Morrissey as much as I do.. Life sucks right now, without one...

and you're very lucky!

i always see quite a lot of young faces on the liveshows...

I do too, but they live so far from where I am.
At the Aragon show here in Chicago, I met plenty young girls, but they are mostly out of state

:/

I just started a sentence with "Like" on the frink thread. There's no escaping the fact I was once an Orange County teen and may always be. :o

There are a lot of young/teenage fans, but the simple answer is that many people my age (I'm 16) do dismiss what they see as 'old music', and also, it's just not that easy to find gems like The Smiths/Moz sometimes. I haven't met many young fans, but I know there definitely are a lot.
I originally found them entirely by chance though, which I'm so thankful for. :)

You don't have to make friends exclusively with Smiths fans.

How come not many 30 year olds like Eminem? Different generations like different artists.

I'm 15 and pretty obsessed. No one in my class had heard of Morrissey, now they all know :)
But they still don't get why I like him

The Smiths is one of these bands that will always be re-discovered by a younger generation. Morrissey's solo stuff probably a bit less so....?

My last gig was Tampere in the end of June and there were definetely a "healthy" amount of "teens".

I was 15 years old when the Smiths debut album came out in 1984 and have followed Morrissey pretty much ever since. Not followed physically (as in going to lots of gigs) but have bought all the records, etc. I only saw The Smiths once.

It was only in the 90's when I started earning a bit more money which allowed me to travel to see Morrissey every now and again. But then he disappeared for 7 years! Since his comeback in 2004 I have been to loads more gigs.

i discovered moz in high school...all of my friends at the time adored him.

I'm 15 and pretty obsessed. No one in my class had heard of Morrissey, now they all know :)
But they still don't get why I like him

Keep on doing what you're doing. But it must be hard with all the Eminem fans...I feel for you.

Keep on doing what you're doing. But it must be hard with all the Eminem fans...I feel for you.

haha, i will! Most are in love with Dizzee Rascal etc etc :crazy: but I do hear some people humming FOTGTD occassionaly. Well, I guess it is like one of the catchiest ever

Back
Top Bottom