How Can Anybody.... drop it?

Should How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel? be dropped from the live set

• Total voters
Don't much like this song, together with You Know I Couldn't Last I think it's the worst song on Quarry.

But I think Best Friend on the Payroll is so bad I wouldn even dignify it by calling it a song, so have no idea why he's ressurected that one. And Keep Mine Hidden was funny as a novelty once to bring back but I hope it's not in the set when I see him.

yeah this is probably one of his worst sets in quite a while. i do really like best friend on the payroll though.

Yes please. I'd like to see "I'm Not Sorry" and "I Have Forgiven Jesus" back in the set. Two songs is quite enough for YATQ.

As for the other songs I'd let "The Loop", "Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself?" and "Death Of A Disco Dancer" be part-timers. They're so good that they deserve to be played now and then.

I'd like another YA song as a part timer (maybe "Certain People I Know"), "Spring-Heeled Jim" could replace "Billy Budd" and then I'd add "The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils" because it's a cool live song.

And to remember ROTT, "Dear God Please Help Me" could be played a little now and then.

Stupid Talk.

I gotta side with OT on this one, girls.

He should drop How Can Anyone... and CRASHING Bores. He'll never drop HSIN -it's the one song everyone there is guaranteed to know. :rolleyes: I'd love to hear him bring back Disappointed or Tomorrow or from ROTT, The Youngest Was the Most Loved. For the slower songs, I'd rather hear I Have Forgiven Jesus (or Pigsty) any day than Dear God.

:pray: I do hope Birthday makes the Chicago set.

I gotta side with OT on this one, girls.

He should drop How Can Anyone... and CRASHING Bores. He'll never drop HSIN -it's the one song everyone there is guaranteed to know. :rolleyes: I'd love to hear him bring back Disappointed or Tomorrow or from ROTT, The Youngest Was the Most Loved. For the slower songs, I'd rather hear I Have Forgiven Jesus (or Pigsty) any day than Dear God.

:pray: I do hope Birthday makes the Chicago set.

Oh, I cant help quoting you
Because everything that you said rings true

And Keep Mine Hidden was funny as a novelty once to bring back but I hope it's not in the set when I see him.

It's no novelty. I love that song so much I used to be "IKeepMineHidden" on America Online. :) It's short and infectious and fun, but really says quite a lot about Morrissey in very few words in the lyrics. One of my fave songs of all time. Also holds the distinction of being the final Smiths song. (Coincidence that he's playing "Sorry Doesn't Help" right after?)

I also like "How Can Anybody". Definitely not my fave on "Quarry", but that album is so strong from beginning to end that that does not mean it's a bad song at all. What makes the song for me is Mozza telling off the pigs in their smelly uniforms. :thumb: Eff the police! :angry: I'll be singing along on Tuesday! But, please, Moz, do something special for Paddy's day!!!! And you for sure have to do "On the Streets I Ran" for Pittsburgh. :guitar:

Last edited:
A great live song, it should stay.

"First Of The Gang To Die" should be dropped. Is he still playing "Disco Dancer"? That one must go, too - it's dull dull dull.

I love this song. I wouldn't say it saved my life, but once it stopped me from bursting into tears in public.
(I giggled instead)

We all have our favourites, but I can't honestly say that I wouldn't be happy to hear Morrissey sing any of the tracks he has released from any of his albums. If I had one I especially wanted to hear live, it would be JACK THE RIPPER. Great track, especially the live 'Burglary Years' version.

It should certainly be dropped from the live set, along with several others. New tour should equal new set list and so far this tour just seems like a slightly rejigged 2008 set.

Hardly. Dropping the usual 4-5 ROTT songs is a big change from the last tour.

On the last tour (or certainly the dates I went to) the only ROTT songs he played were I Just Want To See The Boy Happy and Pigsty (two songs not 4-5) and Pigsty is still being played most nights on this tour so far.

would happily sit through this song over I Like You, let Me Kiss You, or Crashing Bores

Back
Top Bottom