How are all the non-downloaders or YOR doing?

Velvis

Not a beginner
How are you non-downloaders doing?

Less than a week to go now! Just wondering if you've cracked and downloaded? ...I know the anticipation is killing me!

I've been reading the reviews and I must admit I'm getting pretty excited - I gotta go now and have another cold shower...

Haven't d/led anything, though I did just listen to a clip of Because Of My Poor Education on juno.co.uk -- nice torch song feel to it.

Someone kindly sent me a link to d/l Shame is the Name but I'm holding off until the physical single.

Read every review out there but I still can't "picture" the songs that haven't been played live yet.

Wonder what Simon Godard thinks of YoR.

I can't wait for the day when the postman rings (twice) and hands me the parcel from amazon. :) I won't be at home though... :tears: so more waiting and excitement for me.

I was mailed download links to certain songs but I deleted them. :)

I can't wait for the day when the postman rings (twice) and hands me the parcel from amazon. :) I won't be at home though... :tears: so more waiting and excitement for me.

I was mailed download links to certain songs but I deleted them. :)

so the postman won't be handing you the parcel will he emma?:rolleyes:

do i?:confused: are you sure? i'm not:o:p

Hole.gif

I'm feeling pretty optimistic.
It sounds like the lyrics are nothing great (hopefully not quite as cringey as recent stuff) but I get the impression that the melodies are stronger this time.
I think that, when you include the b-sides, there will probably be about 4 or 5songs worthy of a place in the top 100 Morrissey/Smiths songs.
The Ringleader sessions only yielded one (LIfe is a Pigsty)...

I haven't slept a wink. ;)

OMGOSH! NEW SMILIES!!!! :thumb: (this is where the real excitement is! :D)

Seriously, I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised by YoR but I know it won't fall in the top 3 or even 5 Mozzer records for me.

How are you non-downloaders doing?

Less than a week to go now! Just wondering if you've cracked and downloaded? ...I know the anticipation is killing me!

I've been reading the reviews and I must admit I'm getting pretty excited - I gotta go now and have another cold shower...

Thanks for the thread Velvis, this is the last time we get to celebrate our abstinence. ;)

All those threads about how amazing "Birthday" is, or how beautiful "Carol" is, or how great the vocals in "Skull" are have made the anticipation almost painful. As a matter of fact, my expectations are probably way too high at this point.

Still, I don't put myself through this for anyone else, so I suppose it's all part of the fun. :)

Admittedly, the temptation is there but I will wait for the official release...

I'm feeling pretty optimistic.
It sounds like the lyrics are nothing great (hopefully not quite as cringey as recent stuff) but I get the impression that the melodies are stronger this time.
I think that, when you include the b-sides, there will probably be about 4 or 5songs worthy of a place in the top 100 Morrissey/Smiths songs.
The Ringleader sessions only yielded one (LIfe is a Pigsty)...
None of them are anywhere near as good as Pigsty. :o
I've not cracked but I'll be outside HMV at 8:59 banging on the door to let me in next Monday.

:D

Back
Top Bottom