Houston White Oak show - now postponed until October 28, 2019

Show has been postponed till oct 28th no reason given yet. Uuuuuuuugggggghhhhhh

From White Oak FB (see full FAQ posted by Famous when dead in comments):

"Well this really sucks. We've been working through the weather to make this show happen & just learned Morrissey and Interpol will not be playing tonight. Here’s the deal — the entire show is postponed until October 28th. Your ticket for tonight will be valid for the rescheduled date.

We know there’s a lot of questions here, so we hope this answers them:

Q. Wait...What’s going on?
A. From Moz --

"Due to complications from the extreme flood conditions in the Houston area, the Morrissey / Interpol concert set to take place tonight has been re-scheduled for Oct 28th.
It was determined to move the event in consideration and respect of the troubles that people in the area have recently encountered.
It is the group’s wishes that the rescheduled date can better serve all who would like to come to the event.
Morrissey’s team reached the decision after hearing that a number of ticket buyers were having issues attending tonight’s event, along with information of current road closures and other related problematic details.
The team would like to express their deepest apologies for any inconvenience to the fans.

Link to tweet posted by NealCassidy:

full

UPDATE Sep. 22:

Link posted by countthree:

Houston. - Morrissey Central

Due to complications from the extreme flood conditions in the Houston area, the Morrissey / Interpol concert due to take place tonight has been re-scheduled for October 28th. It was determined to move the event in consideration of the troubles people in the area have encountered this week. It is the group's wishes that the rescheduled date can better serve all who would like to come to the event. Morrissey's team reached the decision after hearing that a number of ticket buyers were having issues attending tonight's event, along with information of road closures and other related problematic details. All tickets originally purchased for September 21st will be honored on October 28th.

Last edited by a moderator:
He should apologise for wasting peoples time and money. He could have postponed the show 24 hours earlier.

I'll pass it on...question is though, how much difference would that have really made? He'd already issued an explanatory & sensitive statement.

I suppose Moz & co were less dedicated than you, and couldn't be bothered to drive through the flooded streets of Houston. Bummer. I suppose some of the more casual fans would not bother to show up n these circumstances, hence Morrissey would be playing for a half empty venue and he doesn't like that. I just wonder why they couldn't reach this decision earlier?
Sure........I guess so ....too shey

I'm not professing to know anything about it, just looking at things objectively & imagining that this situation, which appears as a simple issue to some, is, in all probability, quite complex to deal with & manage. Some people seem to have lost sight of that.
I am also looking at it objectively, based on a long track record of dubious cancellations, although I agree neither of us know the details for sure. You do realise a troll isn't just someone who says something you don't like, don't you?

I am also looking at it objectively, based on a long track record of dubious cancellations, although I agree neither of us know the details for sure. You do realise a troll isn't just someone who says something you don't like, don't you?

I can resolve yr final point but I'm prepared also to give Moz the benefit of the doubt wrt this situation...

...it takes guts to be gentle & kind.

Just the 1500 miles for the tour trucks from LA

Following your reasoning, we can also wonder if they could drive the trucks in less than 48 hours from Saskatoon (Oct. 24) to LA (Oct. 26)? That s even a longer drive. My guess is that they will cancel Saskatoon, but lets wait and see.

:crazy:

you ve been trolling for many years WTF?:lbf:

What a shite site this ... Filled with f***wits ... And many who lie .... Floods and advise stopped concert ... Thats all .. haters got to hate etc

Ok what about the other problems people face in daily life tornadoes,hurricanes, fire,theft,death, so many other reasons I guess we should just cancel everything if what you are saying is true.....I guarentee everyone who bought a ticket would of been there except less than a 100 ...matter of fact they were at will call trying to buy tickets. So please.....save it. ....should of gave a 24 hour notice bottom line. He didnt so it is what it is and in 5 weeks we will do it again hopefully

Probably was just on the fence and hopeful and no people don’t face mass flooding mass fires mass theft etc on a daily basis and no you don’t know who would’ve shown up and who wouldn’t have so please save the false facts and guarantees. A person traveling some far distance is more likely the exception and so a decision was made to guess what decision would allow the most people to see the show. Sorry it messed up your plans but a lot of people there have other things to worry about and it’s nice that most will still be able to go and have fun. Many don’t have the money to just travel on to the next show

Where is there an apology in that message from him or for any of the other 301 concerts that never went ahead? The team apologises but not Morrissey.
There's no "I" in team,so why would he?
I had tickets for 299 of those and I'm not bitter.

For whatever reasons this was cancelled, it must have been:

1. A difficult call to make, plus
2. Difficult to decide at what point to make the call
3. Difficult to get communications out in an effective manner (FB/Twitter/radio/TV/other)
4. Difficult to minimise the inconvenience to, & dissatisfaction of, fanbase

Key thing though must have been to avoid disrespecting the awful flood situation & consequences ppl are facing locally, by playing on regardless.

Sympathies with genuine attendees/ticket holders but sympathies also with the organisers/decision makers, & especially locals who have a whole lot more urgent things to be concerned about

Tough day at the office all round I think.
I think you’ve just about nailed that one. A very rounded panorama

o_O

WTF? Peppermints has been Skinny trolling here for years FFS!
Speaking of welfare vouchers, she acts like she dont know the front door.:lbf:

Probably was just on the fence and hopeful and no people don’t face mass flooding mass fires mass theft etc on a daily basis and no you don’t know who would’ve shown up and who wouldn’t have so please save the false facts and guarantees. A person traveling some far distance is more likely the exception and so a decision was made to guess what decision would allow the most people to see the show. Sorry it messed up your plans but a lot of people there have other things to worry about and it’s nice that most will still be able to go and have fun. Many don’t have the money to just travel on to the next show
Ok the storm was mainly on the east side of Houston....fact
We have eye witness from people that came from new orleans I'll say it again New orleans which is on the east side...fact
We had eyewitness people at the show from all over Houston who admitted all road water had receded....fact
Then there is me who also drove from the east side of texas who didnt catch any water over roads....fact
How much more facts do you need bc I can keep going. And another fact
Storm was thursday ,so he was aware of it at least by Friday ....fact
I'm done again....was only mad because of short notice when he had plenty of news and resources to make the call earlier....I'm not a hater Morrissey will always be my favorite. And it's time to move on ......

You do realise a troll isn't just someone who says something you don't like, don't you?

I don't think assholes like UncleSkinny realize that. That's he's marked so many posts as Troll in this thread unless they supported his anti-Morrissey agenda.

I think everyone who has tickets should just get a refund, A Saturday replaced by a Monday night. Those of us in Houston know the conditions were fine and this was a bullocks of an excuse. Let him play to an empty audience on that Monday night. Everyone return their tickets, I already returned mind. He did the same thing last time he was in Houston, and then changed the date and at the last minute the venue.
Enough with Morrissey, its time for the Smith's reunion tour. That is the only thing I would pay for at this point.

I think everyone who has tickets should just get a refund, A Saturday replaced by a Monday night. Those of us in Houston know the conditions were fine and this was a bullocks of an excuse. Let him play to an empty audience on that Monday night. Everyone return their tickets, I already returned mind. He did the same thing last time he was in Houston, and then changed the date and at the last minute the venue.
Enough with Morrissey, its time for the Smith's reunion tour. That is the only thing I would pay for at this point.

The venue was changed at the last minute last time because once again there were severe rains and the White Oak lawn was a mess. Of course that show was canceled two times before for various reasons. I think one was when his mom was sick and a second was when something happened to the drummer I don't remember anymore

Understand the frustration but bottom line, there's a rescheduled date. Some of us never got a makeup date from the 2017 tour, and I'd have much preferred a reschedule to the nothing we got. The reality is, unless all the Houston newspapers are wrong, quite a few people just got back into their homes on Friday. So, stretch and wait and all that.

I get that there's frustration and disappointment - but if you want the makeup show to happen - don't refund your ticket. Everyone refunding will only force a cancellation of the makeup show. Obviously, despite best intentions, he's not going to travel all the way back to Houston to play to an empty house.

I've known since I was a kid that USA is a swamp which is my reason for never going there. All these brits flying over there is fascinating and they must look like fish out of water looking for a football ground where they play real football and people to beat up arms out stretched singing abusive songs and wrecking the pubs with the american cops crying into their donuts.
I reckon Easyjet and Ryanair fly these sheep on the cheap over and they act all american and live out their childhood movie fantasies going "far out dude muh USA".

Make up show isn’t economically feasible unless other shows get added in the region. New Orleans, Wichita, Phoenix, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, El Paso, Kansas City, Albuquerque

Not sure what his guarantee is for Houston but for comparable shows a few years ago it was about 65-75k (before taxes).

At least two tour buses
At least one eighteen wheeler (probably two)

Each of these gets on average five miles a gallon

Hollywood Bowl to White Oak is 1554 miles.

That’s 711 dollars per truck for the trip.

There’s hotel rooms for the crew and band, his bodyguard, chef (toured with one years ago not sure anymore), manager fees, bus/truck drivers (who can only drive a certain amount each day)

If it’s a one off the band might fly which is more expensive. The production has to get back to base as well.

Just saying I wouldn’t count of Houston being made up.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom