Houston, TX concert still on, venue changed and upgrades available - StubWire.com email

Show is still on! Venue has been moved.

the email:
Brent
Good news is that the Morrissey show is still happening! Bad news is that bad weather the past few days means we can't have it on the Lawn.

But, the show will go on at the brand-spankin' new Smart Financial Centre at 18111 Lexington Boulevard, Sugar Land, Texas 77479

And of course!
Yes! Your existing ticket is still good for Smart Financial Centre. No new ticket is needed!
Yes! If your tickets are will-call, you can still pick them up from will call at Smart Financial Centre!
Yes! Show times are expected to stay the same.

See ya Friday...I hope.

Full email additional details from Abrahan:

Premium Front Of House Assigned Seats Now Available!
With this venue change we are now able to offer some assigned seats so close, you will be able to see the sweat dripping from Morrissey and best of all you will have an assigned seat! To upgrade your order please visit http://www.stubwire.com and login to your account in the top right corner of the site. Once you are logged in you should see your Morrissey event listed where you can click on DETAILS to view your order. On this page you will now see a button to upgrade your order and move into the red section on the seating chart.

39885_3389_1525_small.png

Where are my General Admission tickets located?
On the above image, all the original Lawn General Admission will be first come first serve within the green section of the above image. Please help us out and do not leave empty seats between you and the other customers as the Ushers will ask you to move over.

But what about our Add-On’s?

Premium Hilltop Seats - Don’t worry we will be upgrading your tickets into the Golden Circle seats which gets you right up front! We hopefully will have your exact seat locations to you by end of business on Thursday 04/13/2017.

Balcony Access - The great thing about the Smart Financial Centre is that they also have a Premium Balcony that you are going to be amazed when you see. When you arrive at the show bring your Balcony Access tickets up to the Club Seats and we will exchange your ticket for a Club Seat wristband and allow you to pick your seat.

Parking - We are still working out a few details for those that have pre-purchased your parking. We will send you another email when it is finalized but don’t worry we will make sure you are taken care of!

Thanks,
Pegstar, WOMH & StubWire

Last edited by a moderator:
How wonderful! Those lucky folks will be the first ones Morrissey sees when he huffs off the stage! ;)

'huffs' ? huffs glue? glamorous glue? maybe that's what happened to his voice. Hope he huffs some helium before he comes out on stage at the next show... freak everyone out ! :lbf:

'huffs' ? huffs glue? glamorous glue? maybe that's what happened to his voice. Hope he huffs some helium before he comes out on stage at the next show... freak everyone out ! :lbf:
Oh no! The Ramones covers have gone straight to his head. I hope he doesn't get sedated and end up buried in a Pet Sematary!

Wow. Just wow.

So, we buy tickets to a General Admission show where getting there early means you'll be up front. That's what I paid for and that's what I expect.

So then they change the venue, and for the price I paid for my ticket, now I'm forced at least 20-30 feet back (if not more) because they want to charge more for the "Golden Circle". So after paying the increased ticket price, the service fees (which would be the THIRD time since they weren't refunded from the first cancelled show), we're talking paying $100 more to *maybe* get a close seat to a show that was supposed to be General Admission.

I'm glad I'm not a hardcore fan. I feel sorry for the hardcore people who had plans for showing up early to get right up to the stage and are now being completely screwed if they don't PAY UP.

I guess I'd lose my voice too if I thought I wasn't getting paid enough. I hope enough people realize that this was a classic Bait-and-Switch.

You make some good points ... but still I'm happy the fans get a show vs no show ... which has happened far too many times. Of course it hasn't actually happened yet, but signs are pointing to a go.

Reckon me think this would be a top mental show for you lots Brits to go to. The Hicks in Texas say "reckon" a lot too, just like Brittish people.

Uncle Steve bought his plot at Hollywood Forever cemetery 2o years ago. No Joey Ramone wasn't buried anywhere close to Steve's plot.

Reckon me think this would be a top mental show for you lots Brits to go to. The Hicks in Texas say "reckon" a lot too, just like Brittish people.

Uncle Steve bought his plot at Hollywood Forever cemetery 2o years ago. No Joey Ramone wasn't buried anywhere close to Steve's plot.

I want this mystery solved now.
Where is Steve's plot?
So I can be the first to scrawl some grafitty on it before a fence is placed. Maybe leave a cactusplant too.

im handing out troll symbols like they are going out of fashion,if people cant take the time to register then why let them post drivel on here anonymously.

im handing out troll symbols like they are going out of fashion,if people cant take the time to register then why let them post drivel on here anonymously.
At least your comments get posted no matter what you say. Mine's get deleted quite often for no reason. I play by the rules, not sure what's happening or who is doing it, but it's annoying. I also get rated as troll, even though I don't troll anyone.
Having said all that, it still doesn't make me want to sign up. BTW I am not any more anonymous to you than you are to me. After all, we should be rating and responding to the message, not to the messenger.

Having said all that, it still doesn't make me want to sign up. BTW I am not any more anonymous to you than you are to me. After all, we should be rating and responding to the message, not to the messenger.

why don't you want to sign up? I don't understand the benefit.

'I am not any more anonymous to you than you are to me.'

To me it's not about that kind of 'anonymity'. It's about posters/users having some kind of steady name to identify each other with. It's about having some respect for each other and by signing up one will understand where you are coming from and can interact accordingly. One builds up a relationship of sorts dependent on how they present themselves in their posts.

To me it's not about that kind of 'anonymity'. It's about posters/users having some kind of steady name to identify each other with. It's about having some respect for each other and by signing up one will understand where you are coming from and can interact accordingly. One builds up a relationship of sorts dependent on how they present themselves in their posts.
Dead right. Or Alive right. Whatever. You hit the nail on the head while the anonymous poster just hit his thumb.

100% agree. Kind of hard to accomplish any of that with 50 people posting under "Anonymous." I've also noticed that some of the nastiest and vile comments are made under Anonymous. People can still be as vile as they want to be - just create an avatar so we'll know to skip your posts.

Last edited:
You make some good points ... but still I'm happy the fans get a show vs no show ... which has happened far too many times. Of course it hasn't actually happened yet, but signs are pointing to a go.
There should be a rating for 'I like your positivity'. Hopefully you are right.

A lot of tips news info comes in from anons and the site probably wants to keep that. Just a thought

100% agree. Kind of hard to accomplish any of that with 50 people posting under "Anonymous." I've also noticed that some of the nastiest and vile comments are made under Anonymous. People can still be as vile as they want to be - just create an avatar so we'll know to skip your posts.

I post anonymously just to distance myself from the site. I can't bring myself to admit that I have something in common with all these nasty, bitter people. I agree with David T's argument about not censoring comments, so we have to live with the dull and demented (Moz allerteration emphasied).

When I first found the site I was excited about actually finding other Moz fans. I've been a fan since the mid 90's and have not met anyone (other than concerts) that like him or even heard of him. It's completely insane. So I find the site, open my heart to this Mecca, and was crushed.

Need to listen to some Malajusted. Love you Moz.

Very good news and excellent idea for those who always have to remain in the back because they don't want to be massacrated by the enthusiasm or want to have a seat. The price is very convenient given the closeness to the stage.
Although the thing about sweat could have been spared. People have imagination, no need to fill the dots.

I used to think this way, but being anonymous helps you to remain out of the scoop of the serial haters who downvote all your posts simply because you wrote them, without even reading them. Anonymity makes if they want to serial downvote at least they will have to read all the posts.

Very good news and excellent idea for those who always have to remain in the back because they don't want to be massacrated by the enthusiasm or want to have a seat. The price is very convenient given the closeness to the stage.
Although the thing about sweat could have been spared. People have imagination, no need to fill the dots.

You wouldn't want Moz sweat running down all over you? :crazy:

I used to think this way, but being anonymous helps you to remain out of the scoop of the serial haters who downvote all your posts simply because you wrote them, without even reading them. Anonymity makes if they want to serial downvote at least they will have to read all the posts.

You sound much too intelligent to worrie about haters that will downvote your posts.
I understand the reluctance but hey, it is really nothing.
I got so many downvotes, I cried myself to sleep, ha!
I was named the Stalin of the Mozlit buro. :laughing:

I appointed Ketamine Sun as my Beria of the same buro.
There might have been a Felix Djersinski too, (the head of the NKVD, predecessor of the KGB and FSB).
Don't know what happened to him. :rolleyes:

my comments about anonymous posters has started a healthy debate about posting and that's the way it should be.as someone said anonymous should need to at least have an avatar so we can scroll past.

Back
Top Bottom