Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace..."

UPDATE Aug. 2:

From James:
Picture via Instagram @__jimijames__ and twitter @james_jimi
orangevinyl.jpg

UPDATE Aug. 1:

VivaGil posted:

in case anyone wants a look at the discs a friend of mine posted this on instagram.

hottopic_girl_racer.jpg

Fluorescent orange. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

HT getting exclusive Morrissey variant - Modern Vinyl

World Peace Is None Of Your Business, the upcoming full length album from Morrissey, is coming to colored vinyl, courtesy of Hot Topic. The retailer will carry a 180-gram fluorescent orange variant, in stores on July 22nd. We’ll update this post when it goes on sale.

If you just want the standard double vinyl variant, you can pick it up at Amazon. The album is officially released on July 15th.

Info from a post on the Vinyl Collective message board by Travis:

Hot Topic will have this on exclusive "flourescent orange" 180 gram 2xLP for $22.50 available in select stores and online 7/22

If anything changes I'll post it here

...How many copies is that going to be out of?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

I just checked and my code is indeed for Morrissey. A second pressing might take a few months as vinyl pressing plants are way backed up these days..

Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

Also, it’s off of the Hot Topic site, again.

My download code was for a Townes Van Zandt album.

That’s kinda incredible that there was a download code for an album that wasn’t Morrissey. Did it say “Morrissey” on the download card?

Yes, at first look they look both orange. I can notice on one in particular, by putting it against the window, some little stain of yellow and a bit of pink. Happy to own it.

Cheers Moz

I know a shrink who'd give us a group rate for this thread. He needs the work.

I think we've jumped the shark people.

(And yes, my variant came yesterday. But no, I haven't looked at the colour(s), in natural, artificial or heavenly light. It's remained sealed. I'm quite happy to believe it's pure gold.)

For all the hassle and stress around getting my hands on it, my single copy arrived in pristine condition yesterday. Astounding, really, as I was expecting the final slap in the face to be a record that had been beaten to all hell in transit. All in all, worth the time and effort. I'll open and play it this weekend.

Last edited:

38 pages of pure collector goodness.

anybody want mine :)

Sure, where do you want your $22.50 paypal'ed to?

I'm so angry to the poster who said it was off-site agian. I've been checked every few days to see when the new pressing would be posted and didn't see it when it was up. I don't NEED this and I do think the YOU ARE THE QUARRY to YEARS OF REFUSAL albums are better but I soooo want to get my hands on one of these colored variant releases. So everyone with one, I hate you so much.

I'm so angry to the poster who said it was off-site agian. I've been checked every few days to see when the new pressing would be posted and didn't see it when it was up. I don't NEED this and I do think the YOU ARE THE QUARRY to YEARS OF REFUSAL albums are better but I soooo want to get my hands on one of these colored variant releases. So everyone with one, I hate you so much.

It seems to go up and come off every couple days. Don’t give up just yet!

It seems to go up and come off every couple days. Don’t give up just yet!
Couple of things: My copy has arrived here in the UK and no import duty charged to me which is a pleasant surprise. I have resisted the temptation to break the seal to see whether mine is flourescent green or something similar. When I'm dead, my sealed copy can be marketed as a mystery package for loads more cash! Harvest: They haven't dropped Morrissey - it was all a rumour. Mind you, Morrissey's relationship with Harvest might be a bit strained now that he has openly criticised them for not making a promotional video for him. So, still with Harvest which means that a 2nd pressing is still possible. Ho hum....................

I received my copies today, one for myself & one for a friend. One had a small tear in the cellophane on the back and a few tiny dents to the outer sleeve, I decided that would be my copy. Opened it up and was surprised to find record #1 is orange, while record #2 is pink. The difference is subtle but obvious on a white background. Looking forward to playing the album :)

My records are out for delivery via USPS. Will be posting photos as soon as they arrive!

So as I stated a few days ago, my first copy that came looked orange/orange to us more or less but really hard to tell, kind of a pinkish orange. But we decided they were both orange. The second copy came today and it seemed like it was first record pink, second record orange. But then later we got both copies out, put them on white backgrounds and all of a sudden the first one from a few days ago looked to be not orange/orange anymore but first record orange, second record pink. But for all of them, it almost depends exactly how the light is shining on them at that specific moment, whether you are holding them up to the light or they are on a white background.

Basically, does anyone think collectors are really going to consider this being different versions? Like there are four versions of this album: pink/pink, orange/orange, orange/pink, and pink/orange? Or this is basically one version with very subtle differences in color? I like to be a completist and have all versions but it seems like I'm at least the second person who has changed their mind on what color some of their records are and these are really very minor variations of the same thing.

So as I stated a few days ago, my first copy that came looked orange/orange to us more or less but really hard to tell, kind of a pinkish orange. But we decided they were both orange. The second copy came today and it seemed like it was first record pink, second record orange. But then later we got both copies out, put them on white backgrounds and all of a sudden the first one from a few days ago looked to be not orange/orange anymore but first record orange, second record pink. But for all of them, it almost depends exactly how the light is shining on them at that specific moment, whether you are holding them up to the light or they are on a white background.

Basically, does anyone think collectors are really going to consider this being different versions? Like there are four versions of this album: pink/pink, orange/orange, orange/pink, and pink/orange? Or this is basically one version with very subtle differences in color? I like to be a completist and have all versions but it seems like I'm at least the second person who has changed their mind on what color some of their records are and these are really very minor variations of the same thing.

I’m thinking it’s one version, just variations on a theme.

Yeah, that's kind of how I'm seeing it now. Since I like to collect all version of Smiths/Morrissey colored vinyl, I have another one coming to me from someone as I wanted to try to get all the combinations. But I don't think I really consider them different colors/versions, etc.

I’m thinking it’s one version, just variations on a theme.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom