Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace..."

UPDATE Aug. 2:

From James:
Picture via Instagram @__jimijames__ and twitter @james_jimi
orangevinyl.jpg

UPDATE Aug. 1:

VivaGil posted:

in case anyone wants a look at the discs a friend of mine posted this on instagram.

hottopic_girl_racer.jpg

Fluorescent orange. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

HT getting exclusive Morrissey variant - Modern Vinyl

World Peace Is None Of Your Business, the upcoming full length album from Morrissey, is coming to colored vinyl, courtesy of Hot Topic. The retailer will carry a 180-gram fluorescent orange variant, in stores on July 22nd. We’ll update this post when it goes on sale.

If you just want the standard double vinyl variant, you can pick it up at Amazon. The album is officially released on July 15th.

Info from a post on the Vinyl Collective message board by Travis:

Hot Topic will have this on exclusive "flourescent orange" 180 gram 2xLP for $22.50 available in select stores and online 7/22

If anything changes I'll post it here

...How many copies is that going to be out of?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

So, earlier this morning about 6 A.M.
I was running late for work, but I just had to check the site to see if it was available.
Refreshed the page and see the red out of stock square no longer there. I freaked and tried to place an order fast, but
came up with some issues about how paypal didn't work...mind you, i was ordering as a guest. I had no time to log into my account.
I couldn't deal with it and it was already 6:22 and I go in at 6:30!

Shit, i couldn't complete it so i just left and had that thought in my head all day.
I just got home and fulfilled the order from my bookmark. Ordered two of them. Paypal has the "AUTHORIZATION" and "ORDER" pending
Hot Topic has it as "FULFILLING ORDER" and after reading all your posts, I feel so discouraged!

That's today's story, lol.

I'm going to stop by two different Hot Topics that are local. Hopefully they have some available.

Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

That's so crazy. So now I got a shipped email already but it still might not mean anything? They have made this process so simple haven't they?

I just got off the phone with ht "customer service" who told me that the item is no longer available because "the release date was pushed to THIS FRIDAY and that all orders placed today were cancelled."

So I ask about those that were shipped today and he said that he isn't "aware of any that would have been shipped because of the release date and the release date has changed 3 times at this point."

I then asked about [yesterday's] in-store release date and he said that .com and the stores aren't connected.

He was aware of the release date change so I really don't know what to think at this point.

I got the cancellation email, but on it it says the quantity of items that have been cancelled is '1', and I ordered 2. Does this mean one will come, or that two of '1' item won't? What did anyone else's say?

That's the problem with all this limited edition shit. No one can get hold of it and when someone does it's more likely to be some shyster who's going to mark it up for a small fortune on ebay.

I got the cancellation email, but on it it says the quantity of items that have been cancelled is '1', and I ordered 2. Does this mean one will come, or that two of '1' item won't? What did anyone else's say?

It's probably limited one-per person you greedy bastard!

argh! this is freaking insane...

I doubt anybody at HT has any idea WTH is going on, everyone seems to have a completely different answer than the next!

I'm going to just make my own.
How hard can it be?

It's still pending on my Amex and I've only received the order confirmation email.

If this Friday thing is true someone needs to raise hell because this is ridiculous.

Oh, FFS.

And to make matters even more annoying, I've started singing "What are you gonna pick? Hot Topic!" to the tune of the Hot Pockets jingle.

My 4 year old loves the line from the Jim Gaffigan bit "You can have a Hot Pocket for breakfast, a Hot Pocket for lunch...and be DEAD by dinner!"

I just got off the phone with ht "customer service" who told me that the item is no longer available because "the release date was pushed to THIS FRIDAY and that all orders placed today were cancelled."

So I ask about those that were shipped today and he said that he isn't "aware of any that would have been shipped because of the release date and the release date has changed 3 times at this point."

I then asked about [yesterday's] in-store release date and he said that .com and the stores aren't connected.

He was aware of the release date change so I really don't know what to think at this point.

Its still available on the website??

I was able to order mine this morning. I just looked on the Hot Topic site and the status had changed from sent to warehouse to fulfilling order. No mention of any cancellation. Hope it stays that way. It's been a little stressful trying to get a copy of this vinyl!

Its still available on the website??

It was showing as available while I was on the phone with customer service.

I just received the email saying my order was shipped with a tracking number. I ordered mine 3am PST August 5.

I just checked the site and it's still available but it looks like the shipping to the US is more than the price of the record itself. So it's like $50 in total???

It's there now...and it's letting me buy as many as I want...

So, is there any chance of anyone in the UK getting one of these?
I'm guessing the answer is 'no'.
Unless we feel like to shelling out £200 or something on ebay.
I'm in England and placed my on-line order yesterday about 9.45 am Greenwich Meantime. Confirmation e.mail received almost straight away and no cancellation of this so far. E.mail states "allow 1-2 days for processing to shipping stage", so I will be in contact with HT tomorrow morning to try and find out what is going on if nothing heard in the meantime. In the meantime, HT's "track your order" part of their website states "fulfilling order" regarding my order.

I guess we're all confused but I'm really confused on whether any stores will be getting more copies or not. On Monday I went to the closest one to me and they said they never really get those limited items in but she told me two in the area (but about 25 or 30 miles away) that often get them. But I figured one of the ones 10 to 15 miles from me (never knew there were so many Hot Topics around here) would have it so I went to both of those yesterday but they said they didn't get them. So today I called the two stores that I was originally told were likely to get them. One store said they did have them yesterday, the other said they never got them. I also called two more stores within reasonable driving distance and they didn't get them either. So I think that's 6 out of 7 around here that did not get them. Unfortunately, I didn't visit the one that had them. I wonder if any of those other stores will get some later on.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom