Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace..."

UPDATE Aug. 2:

From James:
Picture via Instagram @__jimijames__ and twitter @james_jimi
orangevinyl.jpg

UPDATE Aug. 1:

VivaGil posted:

in case anyone wants a look at the discs a friend of mine posted this on instagram.

hottopic_girl_racer.jpg

Fluorescent orange. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

HT getting exclusive Morrissey variant - Modern Vinyl

World Peace Is None Of Your Business, the upcoming full length album from Morrissey, is coming to colored vinyl, courtesy of Hot Topic. The retailer will carry a 180-gram fluorescent orange variant, in stores on July 22nd. We’ll update this post when it goes on sale.

If you just want the standard double vinyl variant, you can pick it up at Amazon. The album is officially released on July 15th.

Info from a post on the Vinyl Collective message board by Travis:

Hot Topic will have this on exclusive "flourescent orange" 180 gram 2xLP for $22.50 available in select stores and online 7/22

If anything changes I'll post it here

...How many copies is that going to be out of?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

This is the oddest chain of events:

1) Set alarm for 10 AM reminder on 8/5/14 to secure a copy
2) Goes onsale hours before then and sells out
3) Call every Hot Topic within a 20 mile radius, no luck
4) Friend in Portland, OR manages to secure two copies at the store, one of which is for me
5) Randomly check HT.com this morning to see that stock went back up, excitedly order 2 copies in case anyone from here needs an extra (I'm not a flipper)
6) Tell friend in OR that he can give the record to someone else
7) Email from HT.com saying my order was cancelled
8) Cry tears that shampoo my double chin
9) While crying, get call that my copy is in. Crisis averted. Will officially, god willing, have my hands on it tonight.

Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

I ordered yesterday and my card was authorised for the amount, they say it will be charged only when they dispatch the order.....So far, no emails received....fingers crossed...

Cheers Moz

This "out of stock box" appeared yesterday by 6:59am (central time):

soldout.JPG

but hasn't been seen today.

This is the oddest chain of events:

1) Set alarm for 10 AM reminder on 8/5/14 to secure a copy
2) Goes onsale hours before then and sells out
3) Call every Hot Topic within a 20 mile radius, no luck
4) Friend in Portland, OR manages to secure two copies at the store, one of which is for me
5) Randomly check HT.com this morning to see that stock went back up, excitedly order 2 copies in case anyone from here needs an extra (I'm not a flipper)
6) Tell friend in OR that he can give the record to someone else
7) Email from HT.com saying my order was cancelled
8) Cry tears that shampoo my double chin
9) While crying, get call that my copy is in. Crisis averted. Will officially, god willing, have my hands on it tonight.

So your online order that was cancelled really wasn't, or are you referring to the copy your friend got you?

Thanks.

So your online order that was cancelled really wasn't, or are you referring to the copy your friend got you?

Thanks.

Sorry for confusion. Basically yesterday when I called one of the mall's said "let me take your number and if it comes in we'll call you" and they did. I got the call right AFTER already telling my one friend I didn't need his copy AND having my online order cancelled.

I ordered yesterday and my card was authorised for the amount, they say it will be charged only when they dispatch the order.....So far, no emails received....fingers crossed...

Cheers Moz

I think you're fine, seems like it's the batch of orders from TODAY that didn't go thru. Good luck!

Sorry for confusion. Basically yesterday when I called one of the mall's said "let me take your number and if it comes in we'll call you" and they did. I got the call right AFTER already telling my one friend I didn't need his copy AND having my online order cancelled.

Thanks, I had a glimmer of hope that HT had indeed sent out a false email. Wonder why it still shows in stock on the site when yesterday it showed out of stock when all copies were gone.

I placed my order this morning and it hasn't been cancelled. I only ordered one. I'm wondering if the cancelled orders were those for multiple copies. I would imagine many of us are thinking it.

I placed my order this morning and it hasn't been cancelled. I only ordered one. I'm wondering if the cancelled orders were those for multiple copies. I would imagine many of us are thinking it.

I placed 2 separate orders, as the first time I was in such a hurry to complete my order. I then thught of my sis and went back to get another.

I did call the HT main hotline and was told that I was all good, but I'm still scared.

Order placed this morning ant 7.30 for two (one of which to sell to someone who can't get one) and no cancellation email yet. Knowing my luck, it's just yet to happen.

Everytime I try paying with PayPal I get an error message. Can someone PLEASE buy an extra copy for me? I will pay for all expenses via PayPal right now. Please contact me ASAP, thanks!

Last edited:

My order was for two copies, I am wondering if they're not letting people order two.

Do you guys who got cancellation emails have hot topic accounts? I did mine as a guest and I'm wondering if in fact it HAS been cancelled and they just haven't gotten through to me yet...

Everytime I see a new email message pop up, I have a little heart attack.

currently my order status says Order Status: FULFILLING ORDER

currently my order status says Order Status: FULFILLING ORDER

me too.**fingers crossed**

:O

I am freakin' out!

I had to borrow my mother's PP account for this order (My account is in some sort of limbo where I cannot add funds without a CC#, which I haven't got, so I often have to use her account and pay her back later).

I won't know if the order I made was cancelled until she's off work in a couple of hours... Meanwhile, I was already sort of anxious that my mom would be like "ಠ_ಠ" that I ordered a Morrissey record for nearly $30 with shipping... I don't talk about Morrissey with her. I'm not even sure if she knows who he is, but I know she wouldn't understand our relationship...

EDIT: Well, I can check her PP account, which says "Pending Authorization", so I'm thinking it might be alright, as long as it doesn't say it's cancelled.

Last edited:

:O

I am freakin' out!

I had to borrow my mother's PP account for this order (My account is in some sort of limbo where I cannot add funds without a CC#, which I haven't got, so I often have to use her account and pay her back later).

I won't know if the order I made was cancelled until she's off work in a couple of hours... Meanwhile, I was already sort of anxious that my mom would be like "ಠ_ಠ" that I ordered a Morrissey record for nearly $30 with shipping... I don't talk about Morrissey with her. I'm not even sure if she knows who he is, but I know she wouldn't understand our relationship...

EDIT: Well, I can check her PP account, which says "Pending Authorization", so I'm thinking it might be alright, as long as it doesn't say it's cancelled.

Mine said pending authorization as well, and was cancelled. :(

As long as there's a hot pretzel and some cheese dip involved in this trip to KoP to get this vinyl, I'm happy.

P.S. There better be a pretzel with cheese dip involved in this trip or else our four-year-old is going to hunt Morrissey down and rip him to shreds (since he already detests Moz to begin with and we're making the trek to pick up a record...the item listed third on his list of things that are truly awful in life).

P.P.S. I'm happy that this isn't a trip to get a YoR album, too...cuz...there's a baby on the cover. Death to babies, according to Alex.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom