Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace..."

UPDATE Aug. 2:

From James:
Picture via Instagram @__jimijames__ and twitter @james_jimi
orangevinyl.jpg

UPDATE Aug. 1:

VivaGil posted:

in case anyone wants a look at the discs a friend of mine posted this on instagram.

hottopic_girl_racer.jpg

Fluorescent orange. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

HT getting exclusive Morrissey variant - Modern Vinyl

World Peace Is None Of Your Business, the upcoming full length album from Morrissey, is coming to colored vinyl, courtesy of Hot Topic. The retailer will carry a 180-gram fluorescent orange variant, in stores on July 22nd. We’ll update this post when it goes on sale.

If you just want the standard double vinyl variant, you can pick it up at Amazon. The album is officially released on July 15th.

Info from a post on the Vinyl Collective message board by Travis:

Hot Topic will have this on exclusive "flourescent orange" 180 gram 2xLP for $22.50 available in select stores and online 7/22

If anything changes I'll post it here

...How many copies is that going to be out of?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

According to a hottie on twitter who called HT earlier they said that there were only 150 copies of the 'variant' vinyl onsale at HT.com this morning.

Man, it's getting hot in here.....:pray:

Anyone got a shipping/billing e-mail yet?

150 ? Sounds about right...as the vinyl has been up for sale on the website for about 3 to 4 hours only and that was it !!

Cheers Moz

Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

Travis and Instagram both say more are going up online.

Should anyone of you walk into a HT store and finds a few copies available, could you get one for me , please. Just in case.....

Will pay via PP , of course.

Much appreciated!

Cheers Moz

Received a email from Hottopic

"Your order number XXXXXXXX requires verbal confirmation via telephone. We cannot begin processing the order until we speak to credit card holder"

Please call us at one of the numbers listed below...

Naturally called and confirmed credit card details, where upon the staff member said that this order will begin to get processed. have seen the amount debited from my credit card.

No email confirming shipping yet, but stated that I will receive one once completed

I haven't received an email to call but that may be only for USA residents.

I haven't received an email to call but that may be only for USA residents.

I think that type of call is normally initiated by the credit card company. Usually it's something like the card company having a policy about a shipping address not matching the billing, etc., that sort of thing.

Travis and Instagram both say more are going up online.

I hate to seem dense, but I like to be certain of these things: You mean they'll be on the HT website, right?

Thank you.

Yes, like tour dates! :D We'll need to start worrying about that soon. Ticket sales and planning. Good worries, though. Glad everybody was able to secure one.

Ordered. Thank you for posting link! I am now free to worry about something else now....

Yes, like tour dates! :D We'll need to start worrying about that soon. Ticket sales and planning. Good worries, though. Glad everybody was able to secure one.
I can't find the reappearance of the LP when I do a general search in Hot Topic. Why not? Is this an old link? Or is it the real deal?

Ignore my previous post - the LP is in the "new" section. Go into this and refine the search down to "new" and price range $10 - $25 and there it is. Happy buying everybody.

got one... I wonder if they ordered a 2nd pressing

got one... I wonder if they ordered a 2nd pressing

Very unlikely in such a short span of time. It takes the plants a lot longer than a day to press a new batch of records when they're probably pressing tons of different records at once ahead of a second pressing.

I think they'd also be obligated to mention whether something is a repress when it's for a "limited edition" item.

Most represses of colored vinyl are not the same color, either. It's pretty common to repress each succeeding edition in a different color or sleeve to differentiate them (and to make people want to buy multiple copies).

Very unlikely in such a short span of time. It takes the plants a lot longer than a day to press a new batch of records when they're probably pressing tons of different records at once ahead of a second pressing.

I think they'd also be obligated to mention whether something is a repress when it's for a "limited edition" item.

Most represses of colored vinyl are not the same color, either. It's pretty common to repress each succeeding edition in a different color or sleeve to differentiate them (and to make people want to buy multiple copies).

This. I think they probably only put a limited amount online yesterday to test the waters, or something.

Well it isnt like it is shipped the moment you order it..... how many were said to be pressed? 1000?

2nd pressings would also be confirmed as such in the pressing matrix details on the run off grooves towards the centre of the vinyl. Yes, 2nd pressing highly unlikely in these timescales. Maybe HT withdrew the vinyl from the website whilst reclaiming unsold store copies to meet demand and now know they have enough copies to meet on-line demand?

Only 150 went online yesterday, that's why they sold out so quick.

This is a release of 1000; that's it, no second pressing.

After the on-line sales today the rest of the 1000 are distributed amongst the Hot Topic stores.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom