Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace..."

UPDATE Aug. 2:

From James:
Picture via Instagram @__jimijames__ and twitter @james_jimi
orangevinyl.jpg

UPDATE Aug. 1:

VivaGil posted:

in case anyone wants a look at the discs a friend of mine posted this on instagram.

hottopic_girl_racer.jpg

Fluorescent orange. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

HT getting exclusive Morrissey variant - Modern Vinyl

World Peace Is None Of Your Business, the upcoming full length album from Morrissey, is coming to colored vinyl, courtesy of Hot Topic. The retailer will carry a 180-gram fluorescent orange variant, in stores on July 22nd. We’ll update this post when it goes on sale.

If you just want the standard double vinyl variant, you can pick it up at Amazon. The album is officially released on July 15th.

Info from a post on the Vinyl Collective message board by Travis:

Hot Topic will have this on exclusive "flourescent orange" 180 gram 2xLP for $22.50 available in select stores and online 7/22

If anything changes I'll post it here

...How many copies is that going to be out of?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

It's already out of stock online. This has been a mess. It's not even 10 yet. This sucks.

Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

I am going to try calling the stores at 10 I guess.

sorry fred. i just realized my wifes gonna be at her cllinical today so i wont have access to our car. i doubt that any stores carrying it here arent gonna sell out by the time she gets home

I just called about 5 of them around here. No dice but one took my # in case it comes in.

Out of the blue I woke up at 6 and decided to look on here. I then ordered 2 copies but I'm not going to feel relieved until I get the shipping email. I really don't feel like driving out to a HT store today.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

i called hot topic store last night and they had 2 and said they would hold one for me, as the other one was already on hold. and they actually held it for me, but it seemed like in the good ole midwest, 2 copies is what a store in a good market got

so pissed... clearly the ahole that was already waiting in line took his 2 friends to hog up all the copies available. greedy f*ck! instead of buying vinyl so you can resell it at a higher markup, use the money on a chin implant!

I have done my best to secure a copy of this limited vinyl, but it seems impossible.

From what I have learned, so far, the only stores to have received copies in stores are in the Western U.S. I left work early and drove to a Hot Topic about 30 miles away because over the phone the girl told me she could order a copy in. But I had to hurry because only 150 were left. I arrived only to learn that this was not correct.

Not satisfied, she was nice enough to show me every store that had a copy in stores. I am willing to drive for it, but there are none that I could drive to before stores close tonight. They were all in California, Texas, Colorado, Arizona, Idaho, and Kansas.

I'm willing to buy a copy for $100 if anybody is able to get one. Please contact me at [email protected].

Cats.

today's events were almost predictable given the louche stoner attitude reportedly displayed during the instore conversations, and the fact that Morrissey may have deliberately planned it to reward the fanatical fans who have been checking every ten minutes for the past two weeks....

Lucas, I had the same problem. I’m really bummed because I was actually awakened at 4am EST (around the time it appears this went on sale) by my cat and moved out to the sofa and could’ve easily popped on and ordered a copy. I figured my best shot for an actual store is the Hot Topic in the King Of Prussia Mall since that’s the biggest mall on the east coast (I think?) so hopefully in the next day or so I get a phone call.

I'm still anxious about the two copies I ordered at 620 am est today. I'll feel better when I know they shipped.

that's funny..you must be the other person who called there..the woman asked me if I had called earlier in the day..I asked the girl at the Spingfield Mall if they had any and she said no but they do have Vo Hall and I :rolleyes:
Lucas, I had the same problem. I’m really bummed because I was actually awakened at 4am EST (around the time it appears this went on sale) by my cat and moved out to the sofa and could’ve easily popped on and ordered a copy. I figured my best shot for an actual store is the Hot Topic in the King Of Prussia Mall since that’s the biggest mall on the east coast (I think?) so hopefully in the next day or so I get a phone call.

that's funny..you must be the other person who called there..the woman asked me if I had called earlier in the day..I asked the girl at the Spingfield Mall if they had any and she said no but they do have Vo Hall and I :rolleyes:

That's how they pronounced it in Massachusetts. I corrected her.

Anyone else notice it's already taken off Hot Topic's site? damn.

I'm going to go visit the two local Hot topic's around me. See if it's in stock and if it isn't, ask them if they'll be receiving and to hold for me!
Hopefully I have some luck on my side.

Went to mall in Seattle (hour bus ride) at 10 AM opening time, nothing in. she said it was likely that they would get it in sometime but they didn't have any then. And all this AFTER waking up at 4.30AM to find them sold out.

I gotchu fred

keep trying just in case though I'm still waiting for confirmations

Went to two Hot Topics in So Cal today and neither had it. I hope my online order does really come in the mail. I knew it was limited but I didn't think so few stores would have it. I guess with some being sold online, that doesn't leave a whole lot for stores.

Back
Top Bottom