Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace..."

UPDATE Aug. 2:

From James:
Picture via Instagram @__jimijames__ and twitter @james_jimi
orangevinyl.jpg

UPDATE Aug. 1:

VivaGil posted:

in case anyone wants a look at the discs a friend of mine posted this on instagram.

hottopic_girl_racer.jpg

Fluorescent orange. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

HT getting exclusive Morrissey variant - Modern Vinyl

World Peace Is None Of Your Business, the upcoming full length album from Morrissey, is coming to colored vinyl, courtesy of Hot Topic. The retailer will carry a 180-gram fluorescent orange variant, in stores on July 22nd. We’ll update this post when it goes on sale.

If you just want the standard double vinyl variant, you can pick it up at Amazon. The album is officially released on July 15th.

Info from a post on the Vinyl Collective message board by Travis:

Hot Topic will have this on exclusive "flourescent orange" 180 gram 2xLP for $22.50 available in select stores and online 7/22

If anything changes I'll post it here

...How many copies is that going to be out of?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (flourescent orange) of "World Peace...

If only I had a toilet. I'd happily feed it piles of cash in exchange for the ultra-mega-rich-bitch package right along with this colored vinyl edition... Hell, I'd buy a cheaper version of the package just to have a 2nd t-shirt... one to keep unopened, and another to wear and periodically jerk off into.

I'm curious what they mean by "flourescent", though.

Will it glow under my black light? I'm imagining it's like one of those clear neon clipboards, which would be f***ing cool. It'd be a lot of fun to watch it glow in the dark while I listen to it alone in my room because my parents and all the people I go to school with are idiots who don't understand me.

Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (flourescent orange) of "World Peace...

I'm going to proudly walk into a Hot Topic and pick up as many WPINOYB as I can and keep 1 or 2
and resell the others.
That is such a crappy, lame and greedy thing to do.

That's the mentality of a young person. It's what I'm saying.
People still call people posers? Is it 2005?

poseurs* and it's 1997. recognize.
EDIT: 1897*

All of you assholes know as you're walking past Hot Topic on the way to buy trendy euro kicks in the men's department of Nordstrom that you flash a sideways glance to see what t-shirt is on the wall they have that you PRETEND you don't want.
Gurl, I get my threads at Wally World. That might be true if the HT here actually had decent shirts, but they really don't. I go to the mall only for Cajun Grill and shower packages for my mother at Christmas time.

Last edited:
Ms. Crystal, I promise you, I'm going to have to check to see if the nearest mall has a Hot Topic. I'll buy the orange LPs. I won't look at the shoes. (I won't buy leather unless it's pre-owned, and I have far too many shoes as it is. A selection takes up a full suit case when I travel.) I'm not too cool for anything, and I'm a size 13 pump (6" or 8" heel, please) if you're feeling generous. :blushing:

Maybe if Moz fans would send a message to him by not buying every single different version of his new release, he would stop & think about these ridiculous concert cancellations. But for now, the message is clear -- Moz can treat his fans like crap, and they will trip over each other to buy his product.

Maybe if Moz fans would send a message to him by not buying every single different version of his new release, he would stop & think about these ridiculous concert cancellations. But for now, the message is clear -- Moz can treat his fans like crap, and they will trip over each other to buy his product.

Yes, and maybe if I boycott vodka the manufacturers will make a zero-calorie version that won't ruin my liver. I choose what I want, and I want... I want! I want! I want! There? Happy?

While I’m at it, am I confused and is the vinyl a double LP for standard and single LP on color if you get it through HT?

Never mind. It looks like both versions are a double LP (I think)

Never mind. It looks like both versions are a double LP (I think)

You can get a double vinyl album with the standard 12 songs from amazon

http://www.amazon.com/World-Peace-N...ey+world+peace+is+none+of+your+business+vinyl

or you can get the double vinyl album with 18 songs from record store

http://www.amazon.com/World-Peace-N...ey+world+peace+is+none+of+your+business+vinyl

Just seems strange to offer 12 songs on 2 discs. None of Morrissey's previous songs have been released on double albums other than live or remasters.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

I guess the one I preordered from Moz website is the 12 song one. I'm not even sure !

Wait--you posted the same link twice. I think that the second one should be https://www.recordstore.co.uk/recor...ne-of-Your-Business-Album-Artcard/3D5M0000000. Vrai?

Maybe if I could even afford tickets for one of his concerts, I'd have something to complain about when he cancels them. It's pretty much a non-issue for me, though, considering I can't. I can occasionally afford a new record, though. At least when greedy vultures don't buy them all up just to flip them for inflated prices.

Come to think of it, that same shit is exactly why I cannot afford concert tickets...

Just seems strange to offer 12 songs on 2 discs. None of Morrissey's previous songs have been released on double albums other than live or remasters.

I imagine that 2 LP's means you can charge more for the product without significantly increasing the cost of production. I'm pretty sure it's just that cut and dry. I don't doubt that pressing plants might offer discounts to labels for 2+ LP releases, too.

Just speculating.

I have a secret theory that Morrissey talks shit about things like Big Bang Theory so as to avoid well-intentioned barrier girls handing him Hot Topic-purchased BAZINGA! t-shirts in lieu of James Dean cufflinks when really he identifies with Sheldon, etc..

Sadly re: ticket prices his are actually a lot cheaper than most acts of his stature. I did chuckle in Autobiography when there was a part about refusing to play due to high ticket price. My how times have changed....

Sadly re: ticket prices his are actually a lot cheaper than most acts of his stature. I did chuckle in Autobiography when there was a part about refusing to play due to high ticket price. My how times have changed....

I don't find his ticket prices expensive. Have you seen the prices to see Mick Jagger run around and yelp while Keith Richards barely strum his guitar?

I don't find his ticket prices expensive. Have you seen the prices to see Mick Jagger run around and yelp while Keith Richards barely strum his guitar?

Woah, woah, woah there...any failings of a Stones live performance falls solely on the shoulders of Jagger's half-hearted, out-of-breath vocals. Keith never phones it in...and that is saying something for a glorified rhythm guitarist.

Woah, woah, woah there...any failings of a Stones live performance falls solely on the shoulders of Jagger's half-hearted, out-of-breath vocals. Keith never phones it in...and that is saying something for a glorified rhythm guitarist.

Believe me, I'm a fan, but keith can barely play anymore. He's riddled with arthritis. Watch him wail the Sympathy solo during the Rock no Roll circus performance- at one time he could play.

Charlie Watts, on the other hand, is a class act.

I mean "expensive" is a relative term. I'm not saying it's right but I'm still secretly (or not so secretly) stuck in 1995 when I was able to see Fugazi for $5, etc.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom