Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace..."

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2014 (read-only)' started by Detritus, Jun 28, 2014.

By Detritus on Jun 28, 2014 at 1:37 AM
  1. Detritus

Detritus Teenage Lightning

UPDATE Aug. 2:

From James:
    Picture via Instagram @__jimijames__ and twitter @james_jimi [​IMG]

UPDATE Aug. 1:

VivaGil posted:

in case anyone wants a look at the discs a friend of mine posted this on instagram.

[​IMG]

Fluorescent orange. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

HT getting exclusive Morrissey variant - Modern Vinyl

World Peace Is None Of Your Business, the upcoming full length album from Morrissey, is coming to colored vinyl, courtesy of Hot Topic. The retailer will carry a 180-gram fluorescent orange variant, in stores on July 22nd. We’ll update this post when it goes on sale.

If you just want the standard double vinyl variant, you can pick it up at Amazon. The album is officially released on July 15th.

Info from a post on the Vinyl Collective message board by Travis:

Hot Topic will have this on exclusive "flourescent orange" 180 gram 2xLP for $22.50 available in select stores and online 7/22

If anything changes I'll post it here

...How many copies is that going to be out of?

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2014 (read-only)' started by Detritus, Jun 28, 2014.

1. fredkocherpepsi
      fredkocherpepsi
      Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (flourescent orange) of "World Peace...

A lot of records nowadays that are longer than 40-45 minutes are being pressed onto 2LP even when some COULD fit onto a single LP, for sound quality purposes. So that could be the case.
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (flourescent orange) of "World Peace...

Keith never phones it in? Oh my god. You clearly know nothing about his guitar playing.

He tunes his guitars in Open G, which means he can just lay a single finger across the guitar to form any major chord and remain half-asleep while he's playing. It's the laziest shit ever. He might as well play to a track and pantomime his performance.
    3. TheBoyWithTheDragonTattoo
      TheBoyWithTheDragonTattoo
      I wonder if Hot Topic will be carrying the vinyl limited edition Weird Al album as well. Seriously, I know it's all about money and it's just business but how cool would it have been to flog off these special editions to JUST indie shops. You know there are accurate industry lists of these places... I'd love to only be able to buy this vinyl or the deluxe CD only at my local shop instead of trudging to the mall and giving a gentle tap to the last nail in the indie record store coffin. Seriously, Moz always presents himself as the consumate collector and fan (thus cementing his relationship with Boz the uber record fan/collector) but he allows this?
    4. ADAM
      ADAM
      I'd carry the Weird Al album to the trash bin, but that's because my partner is a fan. ("That's nice, but just don't ever let me hear a single note of his music despite the fact that you pretty much have to live with Morrissey.")

Let's be realistic. It's let costly and troublesome (also safer for the general populace) for me to pay AmIzoned or RecordStore to (hopefully safely, no warping) deliver records to me. Is it as fun as going through thousands of records and having dickhead hipsters heap scorn upon me because I'm a Morrissey fan? I'll get back to you on that.

Someone just post a link to pre-order the damn orange record. Heaven knows I don't have enough records.
    5. TheBoyWithTheDragonTattoo
      TheBoyWithTheDragonTattoo

I absolutely feel that hipster scorn you talk about whenever I pick up anything Moz related- seriously, I'm not being a smart ass. The fact that the entire Moz catalogue is in the used "3 for $10" bin doesn't help my case. It's the main reason I haven't bothered with most of the re-issues. I also feel grossly out of place when I venture in to a comic book shop these days. If those guys didn't make me feel so uncool because of the titles I like I'd still being buying comics, too. I hope, back in the day, I didn't make any of my customers feel that way. God knows whenever I sold a Boston album or Journey's Greatest Hits I inwardly groaned. I hope I hid my scorn well. God knows I tried.
    6. !Viva Hate!
      !Viva Hate!

Of course...because that's all he does, isn't it? Lazily play chords while half-asleep. The perceived laziness certainly has nothing to do with the fact he's a 70-year-old man with decades of alcohol, drug & tobacco abuse under his belt, who has arthritic hands and suffered a brain hemorrhage after FALLING OUT OF A FUCKING COCONUT TREE. It certainly also has nothing to do with the fact that Keith has always made a conscious decision to not be fast or flashy. But what do I know? You're the authority on guitar playing around here. :rolleyes:
    7. Anonymous
      Anonymous

Yes, his body has been through a lot. Doesn't excuse that people are expected to pay $500 to see him perform.
    8. ADAM
      ADAM

I'm sure we all tried, although moving from retail to rep, I know I didn't give free shit to the kiddies who were too cool to put up POS displays (even if the artist sucked). Does the job of label rep still exist these days? I'm going to be the most awkward drunken old guy who wobbles into Hot Topic that particular Tuesday.

If I found enough of his records in a 3/$10 bin (records, not CDs) I'd tile a wall or 20 with them. (I practically do anyway.) Well, I found a case of unlabeled clear vinyl that I was sent for some dance promotion, and I'm working on that in the dining room first.
    9. Anonymous
      Anonymous

I was told by hot topic the vinyl isn't going on sale until the 22.
    10. !Viva Hate!
      !Viva Hate!

The link in the first post stated that...
    11. MozAngeles818
      MozAngeles818

You're anonymous though. Irrelevant just like the word poser. I mean poseur!

What! Why?!
      Seeing as there people who are too insecure to enter a Hot Topic. I'll do it for them and hike up the price.
      It also helps out people who live in an area who don't have a Hot Topic around them and the only place is the internet!
      A win-win situation, indeed.
    12. !Viva Hate!
      !Viva Hate!

Why would anyone be too insecure to walk into a Hot Topic? It isn't like being 43 and browsing though GI JOES at FAO Schwarz...
    13. ADAM
      ADAM

Well, imagine (and I'm bragging - not humble-bragging) being an actual GI Joe figure (and a couple of Star Wars figures now). My bucket list is full. Also, FAO Schwartz is only a name/brand used by Toys'R'Us ever since they bought them. I'm a very proud toy geek. I met my partner/someday husband because he had a mint condition G1 Optimus Prime, and we'll celebrate our 18-year anniversary on 7/19.

Fun toy statistic: If the brat manages to get the toy in the cart, there's a 70% chance Mom will buy it. Bump that up to 85% for Dad. (American study, doesn't apply outside the continental 48.) If the brat doesn't get it (and doesn't pitch a fit) I often give him (sometimes her) a free spot-fill production piece. Nothing feels better than pissing off a parent. :) [Mine are dead, so I need new victims.]
    14. Stoned
      Stoned

Any fresh news on this one?

Cheers Moz
    15. billybu69
      billybu69

Around the 16 July release date their not sure exactly yet (I emailed em), nor do they no how many to be pressed, but they will ship internationally but can't say for how much, cost is worked out at check out.
    16. Stoned
      Stoned

Thanks ! I expect shipping cost to be around 15 USD (regular mail)

Cheers Moz
    17. the raytownian
      the raytownian

I had considered this, but it seemed weird for the non-deluxe pressings... If I understand right, this features the deluxe tracklisting? I need to re-read this thread, perhaps.
      Considering the deluxe ed. clocks in at over an hour, 2xLP would make perfect sense. There's no way you can fit that much audio on a standard LP without the needle jumping out of the grooves.

All the same, even the standard tracklisting seems like it'd work well on a 2xLP... Some of the songs are much longer than I'd anticipated, and with modern mastering techniques (both in-studio and in the record plant), the grooves probably need to be pretty deep to accommodate the music, which takes up more space than quieter shallow grooves would.

Also, even though I said I should re-read the thread, I'm way too lazy to do that... Did someone mention that this could be pre-ordered? Can someone post a link to where I can order it? Otherwise, anyone know how to get phone #'s for local stores? I looked at the HT site but couldn't find a # for the stores here using the store locator... I don't mind going in and asking if they plan to/will order any here, but I'd rather avoid the trip if I can, especially since they'd probably want me to pay upfront if they pre-ordered it for me, and I am broooooke.

Thank you.
    18. fredkocherpepsi
      fredkocherpepsi

Unless I missed something, I don't think the preorder went up yet. I know that when I preordered the Blink 182 "Enema of the State" exclusive press (oh hush) they had a "ship to store" option for free.
    19. the raytownian
      the raytownian

oh, cool. thanks for the info.

EDIT: I am completely oblivious... I checked the store locator again, and the phone numbers are right there. Not sure how I could gloss over them.
      Now I just have to psyche myself out to make a phone call (I just feel better getting some confirmations directly from the store). :o

I was all gung-ho to do it until I actually found the phone numbers... Anxiety sucks.
      Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
    20. Stoned
      Stoned

Sorry but....the website to look at is www.hottopic.com. Right?

Cheers Moz