Hop Farm 'roll call' + 'Morrissey tickets' now available for £40

Anyone know of any spare Saturday tickets? Cheapish?!? Thanks!

Just survived Grimsby, with a short stop in London. I'll be there, now with the wife and the daughter. Fingers crossed for the return of The Boy Racer

Missed the £40 deal. Would have gone for that.

I'm sure it will be a great day but couldn't justify paying out £150 for 2 of us to go.

Missed the £40 deal. Would have gone for that.

I'm sure it will be a great day but couldn't justify paying out £150 for 2 of us to go.

As far as I know, the whole festival has not sold out. People will be turning up with spare tickets (friends who dropped out etc) which they'll probably hand to touts (who are not, generally, the evil scum that they're made out to be!).
With supply exceeding demand, I'm pretty certain you could pick up day tickets for £50 or less, either outside the entrance or at Paddock Wood train station.
However, there's obviously an element of uncertainty.
If you live nearby (e.g London) and are keen to go, I'd chance it. Sounds like Morrissey is on top form at the mo, and the situation will be much better than Glasto (sunset headlining slot, enough time for a full set, no bored fans hanging around for the next band, a warm summer's evening with no rain or mud - it's set to be an epic night).

As far as I know, the whole festival has not sold out. People will be turning up with spare tickets (friends who dropped out etc) which they'll probably hand to touts (who are not, generally, the evil scum that they're made out to be!).
With supply exceeding demand, I'm pretty certain you could pick up day tickets for £50 or less, either outside the entrance or at Paddock Wood train station.
However, there's obviously an element of uncertainty.
If you live nearby (e.g London) and are keen to go, I'd chance it. Sounds like Morrissey is on top form at the mo, and the situation will be much better than Glasto (sunset headlining slot, enough time for a full set, no bored fans hanging around for the next band, a warm summer's evening with no rain or mud - it's set to be an epic night).

I was toying with that idea, but as you say its the uncertainty of it. I do actually live in Kent - although much further towards London - going down there and giving it a try might be an idea.

The way I look at it though is that if it hasn't sold out there will probably be less spare tickets around as touts are less likely to have bought a load of them.

I was toying with that idea, but as you say its the uncertainty of it. I do actually live in Kent - although much further towards London - going down there and giving it a try might be an idea.

The way I look at it though is that if it hasn't sold out there will probably be less spare tickets around as touts are less likely to have bought a load of them.

Nope, it doesn't really work like that. Believe me, I've been to tons of festivals and 'normal' shows that haven't sold out - not coz I'm always looking for a bargain. I'm just too disorganised to buy one in advance!
Ticket touts know that people will turn up with spare tickets. If it hasn't sold out, it just increases your bargaining power to get one below face value.

Nope, it doesn't really work like that. Believe me, I've been to tons of festivals and 'normal' shows that haven't sold out - not coz I'm always looking for a bargain. I'm just too disorganised to buy one in advance!
Ticket touts know that people will turn up with spare tickets. If it hasn't sold out, it just increases your bargaining power to get one below face value.

Oh okay. I have always bought in advance before and they've always been sold out as far as I know. The only reason I didn't this time was because of the price and because I would be going with my partner this time, so its £150 out of 4a household budget rather than the usual £40ish.

I have always heard stories in the past of people managing to get very cheap tickets the later it gets so I'm sure bargains can be had, but as I say that has always been a bit alien to me. I'm crap at haggling anyway so knowing me I'd probably end up paying even more!

Did you make it in the end? As soon as I got off the shuttle bus from the train station, there were touts offering tickets for "less than face value" even before any haggling began!

Oh okay. I have always bought in advance before and they've always been sold out as far as I know. The only reason I didn't this time was because of the price and because I would be going with my partner this time, so its £150 out of 4a household budget rather than the usual £40ish.

I have always heard stories in the past of people managing to get very cheap tickets the later it gets so I'm sure bargains can be had, but as I say that has always been a bit alien to me. I'm crap at haggling anyway so knowing me I'd probably end up paying even more!

Did you make it in the end? As soon as I got off the shuttle bus from the train station, there were touts offering tickets for "less than face value" even before any haggling began!

Yes. And I am delighted to admit that you were 100% correct. Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom