Hop Farm 'roll call' + 'Morrissey tickets' now available for £40

Maurice E

Anyone much heading to the Hop Farm on Sat?
I've just been on the ticket section, and it seems they're selling separate 'Morrissey tickets' for £40 with an admission time of 7.30pm. Perhaps they've had them all along.
Also, looks like there are fast, frequent trains back to London til late.

Yes! I'm there. Spent £140 on two day passes so I am mildly irked.. Oh well, I bought them f'ing ages ago so it doesn't really matter now! :D

Yeah, I bought a day pass. It's a very strangely run festival, isn't it? There wasn't even a third day until late. It's got a hell of a line-up, considering nobody is going.

Yes. And it sounds like we might have the place to ourselves judging by the ticket price reductions? I've read some reviews of last years Hop Farm, and it sounds like it was dogged with problems. That and the economy must be putting people off?

At the rate ticket prices are falling I wouldn't be surprised if it was called off!! Stranger things have happened.

Erk! Don't say that. :(

Yes, I'm going. A bit fed up to hear that the ticket prices have been reduced, but there you go.

I can't see it being cancelled at this late stage? I read an interview with Vince Power a year or so back, in the business pages of one of the Sunday broadsheets. He talked about building up festivals, and how for the first 5 years there is no money to be made. With contracts signed and the site being currently prepared for the weekend, we have nothing to worry about on that front. The weather on the other hand...!

Will be there.

Will the set list be longer as he is headlining the day or should one expect a similar length to Glasto.

Yep, I'll be there along with my hubby, I also know some other good folk who like us are making a 700 mile round trip to see him there and also at Plymouth before hand!

Will be there.
Will the set list be longer as he is headlining the day or should one expect a similar length to Glasto.

Nope, it'll be full length as he's headlining.
Should be a fantastic show - miles better than Glasto as he won't be performing in front of 10,000 bored U2 fans.
Also, he's got the sunset/night-time slot, so a much better atmosphere than the daytime.
Worth the admission price alone just to hear 15,000 people sing along to 'oh mother'.
Bring it on!

Nope, it'll be full length as he's headlining.
Should be a fantastic show - miles better than Glasto as he won't be performing in front of 10,000 bored U2 fans.
Also, he's got the sunset/night-time slot, so a much better atmosphere than the daytime.
Worth the admission price alone just to hear 15,000 people sing along to 'oh mother'.
Bring it on!

Let me know if you want a lift, if you're still in Wimbledon than not far from you.

Have the ticket sells really been that low?

They'd stopped selling weekend tickets last Friday I think, thought that must have been due to high sells..

Have the ticket sells really been that low?

They'd stopped selling weekend tickets last Friday I think, thought that must have been due to high sells..

Last year they had problems with the wristbands and bar facilities because in the 24 hours prior to the main day (the Saturday with Bob Dylan & Van Morrisson) they sold shed loads of tickets. They said that they would be prepared this time. So I'm guessing that they have planned for a big crowd and want to make sure they get one? I won't be complaining though if I don't have to queue up for a pint!

Typical that they drop the price now, oh well not complaining best festival line up ever am hoping for a couple of duets with certain people. My only concern is staying sober enough for Moz see you all at the front. Any one else camping? would be good to have a Moz extension in the campsite.

I will be there. I am keen to know what the food is like on site for vegetarians and vegans.

there is a unit there called goodness gracious healthy foods they have a massive vegan vegetarian banner and their food is amaing. Ecerything is vega apart from the carrot cake.

I will be there too :) Going Saturday coming home Monday - Virgil!! call me - u have my no. yeah?

Back
Top Bottom