Hooray! Bush #2 enemy taken into custody!

M

mouthful of pie

Yes, we can all rest easier as a top terrorist was taken into custody by police, and it happened right outside the gates of the White House!
story below

US anti-war mother held at rally
Cindy Sheehan is arrested by police in Washington DC
Protesters held placards with the names of US soldiers killed in Iraq
Cindy Sheehan, the anti-war protester and mother of a US soldier killed in Iraq, has been arrested during a demonstration outside the White House.

Ms Sheehan and several dozen other protesters were held by police after failing to move on from the pavement in Washington DC.

She first attracted worldwide attention when she held a 26-day vigil outside President George Bush's Texas ranch.

Her arrest follows a massive anti-war march in the capital over the weekend.

Ms Sheehan was among a group of about 500 people who staged what they called a "civil disobedience" demonstration to bring more attention to the US military presence in Iraq.

The pavement outside the White House is a restricted area, where people by law must keep moving.

The mother's Texas vigil, prompted by her eldest son's death in action in Iraq in 2004, has made her a figurehead for the anti-war movement in the US.

I'm glad you're taking a liking to the cut and paste.

I can't say I was surprised when she was proven to be a liar at Slate.com, or that I'm surprised you're on her bandwagon just like....well, we'll pretend we don't know who.

Slate proves Cindy is a liar, trying to pretend a letter she wrote was "doctored" by her enemies. Oh, Cindy, you let us down!

========
Slate Sidebar

Cindy Sheehan has denied that she wrote certain parts of the March 15, 2005, letter that was e-mailed to Nightline in her name. This was the letter quoted in Slate's Aug. 15 Fighting Words column. Specifically, Sheehan claimed that her letter was doctored after the fact to include anti-Israel language. Here is the controversial passage:

Am I emotional? Yes, my first born was murdered. Am I angry? Yes, he was killed for lies and for a PNAC Neo-Con agenda to benefit Israel. My son joined the army to protect America, not Israel. Am I stupid? No, I know full well that my son, my family, this nation and this world were betrayed by George Bush who was influenced by the neo-con PNAC agendas after 9/11. We were told that we were attacked on 9/11 because the terrorists hate our freedoms and democracy … not for the real reason, because the Arab Muslims who attacked us hate our middle-eastern foreign policy.

Was the letter doctored? Or did she write the anti-Israel language in it?

In March, after participating in a Nightline town hall meeting, Cindy Sheehan wrote a letter and e-mailed it to James Morris—an anti-Zionist activist—who forwarded it at her request to Nightline Executive Producer Tom Bettag. Sheehan admits this, and Nightline spokesperson Emily Lenzner has confirmed that Bettag received Sheehan's e-mail via Morris on March 15.

On Aug. 15, Anderson Cooper asked her about the anti-Zionist statements contained in the letter, and she denied having made them. Sheehan then claimed that Morris doctored her Nightline letter. On Aug. 17, she wrote in her blog:

Another "big deal" today was the lie that I had said that Casey died for Israel. I never said that, I never wrote that. I had supposedly said it in a letter that I wrote to Ted Koppel's producer in March. I wrote the letter because I was upset at the way Ted treated me when I appeared at a Nightline Town Hall meeting in January right after the inauguration. I felt that Ted had totally disrespected me. I wrote the letter to Ted Bettag [sic] and cc'd a copy to the person who gave me Ted's [sic] address. I believe he changed the email and sent it out to capitalize on my new found notoriety by promoting his own agenda.

[Note: Sheehan misremembered when she said that she cc'd it. Nightline and Morris both confirm that she sent the letter to Morris, who forwarded it to Bettag.]

Sheehan subsequently implied, through a spokesperson at Fenton Communications, that Morris had hacked into her e-mail. Later, Fenton Communications and Sheehan backed off the hacking claim, but both maintain that the words in the letter about Israel are not her own. For his part, Morris denies having tampered with the letter and confirms that the version circulating is the same as the one she sent to him.

There is other proof that Sheehan wrote the whole letter. After she sent the letter to Morris, Sheehan also e-mailed it to several other people, including Tony Tersch, a retiree living in Thailand, and Skeeter Gallagher. Both belong to a small Internet bulletin board called Bull Yard. Tersch had become her correspondent after contacting her out of personal and political sympathy. At Gallagher's request, Tersch posted Sheehan's letter to Bull Yard on March 17. Here is the letter as it appears there. This is the version that has been circulating, and from which Slate quoted. Tersch has confirmed that he received the letter from Sheehan directly and has stated that he did not doctor the e-mail before posting it.

Unless Sheehan is the victim of an elaborate Morris-Tersch conspiracy quietly put in motion on March 17, months before she became famous, those are her words. —By Blake Wilson
=======

> I'm glad you're taking a liking to the cut and paste.

> I can't say I was surprised when she was proven to be a liar at Slate.com,
> or that I'm surprised you're on her bandwagon just like....well, we'll
> pretend we don't know who.

> Slate proves Cindy is a liar, trying to pretend a letter she wrote was
> "doctored" by her enemies. Oh, Cindy, you let us down!

> ========
> Slate Sidebar

> Cindy Sheehan has denied that she wrote certain parts of the March 15,
> 2005, letter that was e-mailed to Nightline in her name. This was the
> letter quoted in Slate's Aug. 15 Fighting Words column. Specifically,
> Sheehan claimed that her letter was doctored after the fact to include
> anti-Israel language. Here is the controversial passage:

> Am I emotional? Yes, my first born was murdered. Am I angry? Yes, he was
> killed for lies and for a PNAC Neo-Con agenda to benefit Israel. My son
> joined the army to protect America, not Israel. Am I stupid? No, I know
> full well that my son, my family, this nation and this world were betrayed
> by George Bush who was influenced by the neo-con PNAC agendas after 9/11.
> We were told that we were attacked on 9/11 because the terrorists hate our
> freedoms and democracy … not for the real reason, because the Arab Muslims
> who attacked us hate our middle-eastern foreign policy.

> Was the letter doctored? Or did she write the anti-Israel language in it?

> In March, after participating in a Nightline town hall meeting, Cindy
> Sheehan wrote a letter and e-mailed it to James Morris—an anti-Zionist
> activist—who forwarded it at her request to Nightline Executive Producer
> Tom Bettag. Sheehan admits this, and Nightline spokesperson Emily Lenzner
> has confirmed that Bettag received Sheehan's e-mail via Morris on March
> 15.

> On Aug. 15, Anderson Cooper asked her about the anti-Zionist statements
> contained in the letter, and she denied having made them. Sheehan then
> claimed that Morris doctored her Nightline letter. On Aug. 17, she wrote
> in her blog:

> Another "big deal" today was the lie that I had said that Casey
> died for Israel. I never said that, I never wrote that. I had supposedly
> said it in a letter that I wrote to Ted Koppel's producer in March. I
> wrote the letter because I was upset at the way Ted treated me when I
> appeared at a Nightline Town Hall meeting in January right after the
> inauguration. I felt that Ted had totally disrespected me. I wrote the
> letter to Ted Bettag [sic] and cc'd a copy to the person who gave me Ted's
> [sic] address. I believe he changed the email and sent it out to
> capitalize on my new found notoriety by promoting his own agenda.

> [Note: Sheehan misremembered when she said that she cc'd it. Nightline and
> Morris both confirm that she sent the letter to Morris, who forwarded it
> to Bettag.]

> Sheehan subsequently implied, through a spokesperson at Fenton
> Communications, that Morris had hacked into her e-mail. Later, Fenton
> Communications and Sheehan backed off the hacking claim, but both maintain
> that the words in the letter about Israel are not her own. For his part,
> Morris denies having tampered with the letter and confirms that the
> version circulating is the same as the one she sent to him.

> There is other proof that Sheehan wrote the whole letter. After she sent
> the letter to Morris, Sheehan also e-mailed it to several other people,
> including Tony Tersch, a retiree living in Thailand, and Skeeter
> Gallagher. Both belong to a small Internet bulletin board called Bull
> Yard. Tersch had become her correspondent after contacting her out of
> personal and political sympathy. At Gallagher's request, Tersch posted
> Sheehan's letter to Bull Yard on March 17. Here is the letter as it
> appears there. This is the version that has been circulating, and from
> which Slate quoted. Tersch has confirmed that he received the letter from
> Sheehan directly and has stated that he did not doctor the e-mail before
> posting it.

> Unless Sheehan is the victim of an elaborate Morris-Tersch conspiracy
> quietly put in motion on March 17, months before she became famous, those
> are her words. —By Blake Wilson
> =======

Say what you want about Loafing Oaf but he is the KING of cut and paste.

> I'm glad you're taking a liking to the cut and paste.

> I can't say I was surprised when she was proven to be a liar at Slate.com,
> or that I'm surprised you're on her bandwagon just like....well, we'll
> pretend we don't know who.

> Slate proves Cindy is a liar, trying to pretend a letter she wrote was
> "doctored" by her enemies. Oh, Cindy, you let us down!

I am confused. I called her a terrorist and you are acting like I made her out to be a hero. I just hope that someday we can drive the number one threat out of his cave. Of course I am talking about Michael Moore.

Two other things. We say cut and paste, but really it is copy and paste, isn't it? Anyway, I accused you of having copy/paste arguments which is different than copying a news story.

And that brings us to the second thing. I don't know what kinds of things this woman writes in letters, (God knows she is a threat to society) but the facts are that her son really did lose his life in Iraq, probably thinking that he was fighting for a good cause. The specific cause he was fighting for has been changed since the war started and there is some evidence to suggest that this entire undertaking was based on lies.

I am glad to see that this terrible person admitted her lie. I hope that all of the liars responsible for the many deaths in Iraq have to someday admit their lies too.

Re: Are we being ironic?

She's just an ordinary member of the public though, isn't she?
I can't really make informed comments about the current situation in America or Iraq as regards the war. What I can say though, is this.
Without any detriment to the citizens of America, Israel or Britain, the plan for an invasion of Iraq has been in place since the mid-nineties. I took a course in Religious Studies at university, where some brilliant lectures were given by an Israeli / American scholar whose speciality was Islam and the Middle East. He presented us with facts dating back to 1994, where the Evangelical Christian movement and a Jewish lobby put presure on Bill Clinton to begin plans for an invasion of Iraq. This he duly did with a touted date of 98/99, however, circumstances of a personal nature (i.e. Lewinsky) prevented him from seeing this through.
However, the Neo-cons saw a better window of opportunity by letting the due date slip quietly by and putting all their time and money into getting Bush into the White House as supposedly a better man to lead the war. What is more interesting is the religious agenda of the Evangelicals who, as you know, power Bush's administration. Basically, they believe they need to maintain Jerusalem as a Jewish settlement in order for the second coming of Christ to occur. Once that miracle happens, they believe that the Jews will be wiped out in a major disaster and Jerusalem will pass into the hands of the Christians. And both groups are ok with this? Perhaps because the Israeli government are more intelligent and see that such an idea is ludicrous, while at the same time accepting all the help they can get to maintain a Jewish state.
So you see, whatever the ins and outs of the politics behind this war, we are allowing one of the world's biggest superpowers to implement an agenda run on ideas straight from the Middle Ages.
Any shit they get from people like this woman has to be a good thing, surely? And her comments about Israel ... isn't that the idea of all army families, British or American or Israeli; they fight for their country only? I'm not saying she's stupid, but they sound like the words of an angry woman who realises that there is more to this war than fighting to protect the West from WMD's which never existed.
And another thing I learnt from my tutor, who'd also spent time in Afghanistan; there is no such thing as a co-ordinated group called al-Qaeda. Our media have created that particular monster from the monika adopted by Bin Laden, and in doing so we've given terrorists a weapon with which to play on our fears. You're not telling me that two of the world's most influential governments had no idea that hundreds of people were leaving their countries to go to training camps. The fact is that most of the people passing through these training camps were prepared to fight in ongoing wars; and most couldn't commit themselves enough and returned home with no more than ideas. They will never put these into practice because they value the true message of the Koran above the teachings of martyrdom.
Anyways, just thought that i'd say that this woman is perfectly within her rights to demand answers, as her child was sent to war under false pretences.
And what's that shit about standing still outside the White House? It's the same as those idiots wanting to arrest protesters outside Parliament ... Democracy is dead.

Re: Are we being ironic?

I think they were being ironic, well Mouthful of Pie anyway

Back
Top Bottom