Honolulu, HI - Kaka'ako Waterfront Park (May 19, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

How Soon Is Now? / You Have Killed Me / Alma Matters / You're The One For Me, Fatty / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Speedway / Black Cloud / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / To Give (The Reason I Live) / People Are The Same Everywhere / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / Scandinavia / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / When Last I Spoke To Carol // Still Ill / First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by ROBERTBOYRACER

• Morrissey at Kaka’ako Beach Park Amphitheater | Oahu, Hawaii | 5/19/2012 - The Rock Subculture Journal. Review, photos by Jason DeBord.
  • PICS: Morrissey at Kakaako Waterfront Park by Brian Tseng (100 total) - Honolulu Pulse. Link posted by an anonymous person.

honolulu.jpg

Last edited:
"I can take it! Hula hula!"
How Soon Is Now
"I'm gonna get you! Thank you. Welcome to hell."
You Have Killed Me
"Gracias, gracias. If you're gonna be nice, be nice."
Alma Matters
You're The One For Me, Fatty
"And I do mean you. Thank you."
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
"The end. The end of the song."
Shoplifters of The World Unite
"Gracias."
Everyday Is Like Sunday
"So in all the smelly gin bars all over the world, you had to walk into this one. Why?!"
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
Speedway ("Often I have washed & dressed 10,000 times...")
Black Cloud
Introduction of the band via his shopping experience at the Maui Mills
Mention of Boz's (Dane Attention) 50th birthday*
Meat Is Murder
Let Me Kiss You
To Give (Is The Reason I Live)
Morrissey tells his story of watching Wendy Williams & FOX News
People Are The Same Everywhere
I Will See You In Far Off Places
Last Night I Dreamnt Somebody Loved Me
Scandinavia
"Shall I begin or would you rather stand around & talk?"
Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want This Time
When I Last Spoke To Carol
"Oscar Wilde!"

"Parting is like dying but you made me love you. I take back!"
Encore:*Still Ill
"I refuse to leave. I will now like to wash something for you. This is gonna be extraordinary because security is gonna let me stay & sing. I can't believe it. Incredible! Incredible!"
First Of The Gang To Die
"Adios! Adios!"

Provided by ROBERTBOYRACER

At the end Moz was surprised that he got to sing one more song. I suppose he was unaware of the Hawaiian concept of "Hana Hou". It was a great show.

Because I got off at the wrong stop, somehow I slided to the end of the show.
You can laugh.
I remember as the good memory. I did my best! So I hope you put me in the wasteland of your head.
Isn't it everything become new in everyday? Everything that passed becomes the memory.
I have my daughter and my husband's smile.
I become completly fatty for mother can't take time to excersie and must stuck at
home, really my baby is crying for mother's milk. Beauty of the nature.
So you should go and find love for you're charming man!

That was fantastic. I have heard better versions of Please Please Please but the minutes before it were he was listening and replying to the crowd was as personal and personable as I have seen our boy for a while. He was equally eloquent and communicative in Jakarta too.
lastparty

Last edited by a moderator:
The Show was AWESOME!! Waited in line since 2pm, and it was worth it!! He was so interactive with the crowd. The turnout was freaking ridiculous!! Never would have thought there were so many of us (Morrissey Fans) on this rock. He played great songs, was hoping to hear 'There is a Light, that Never Goes Out' but we got to hear 'Still Ill' &&&&& 'First of the Gang to Die'!! It was so damn awesome!! It was BOZ Birthday too!! Man just AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what a weekend! Have to say, as much fun as Maui was, and it truly was a great show, I still think Honolulu might have been a little bit better! And we got 21 songs! And lots of banter! And Shoplifters and Please Let Me Get What I Want! Was also great meeting some really cool fans from around the globe! Enjoy the video for Meat Is Murder:

in music please, please, it seemed he was looking directly at someone in the crowd. someone noticed?

Looks like a great show. MORRISSEY has been in fantastic form on this tour. The quiff is making a comeback, too.

Love the brown shirt (which seems to be the same make as the yellow). Anybody know what brand? Por favor!

Laughed out loud at Morrissey's reaction to his own lyric change on Everyday:

The show was beautiful! Moz sounded great, was so generous with the crowd and kept a perfect balance of tension and fun. The band was spot on too. Loved when he sang "Please, Please, Please..." and said, "Lord knows... ask him, he'll tell you," and pointed to the heavens. I followed his finger and, for the first time in a while, looked upon the stars in this big Hawaiian sky.

Looks like a great show. MORRISSEY has been in fantastic form on this tour. The quiff is making a comeback, too.

Love the brown shirt (which seems to be the same make as the yellow). Anybody know what brand? Por favor!

Laughed out loud at Morrissey's reaction to his own lyric change on Everyday:

I caught the blue shirt that he threw to the crowd and it seems to be the identical design to the one he is wearing in the video.....the brand: Liguria, size 44 ! Does anyone have a video of Let Me Kiss You? If so, please post!

Back
Top Bottom