Hong Kong - MacPherson Stadium (Oct. 6, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / You Have Killed Me / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / The Bullfighter Dies / First Of The Gang To Die / Jack The Ripper / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Meat Is Murder / All The Lazy Dykes / How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / What She Said // Judy Is A Punk

setlist provided by setlist.fm. Link posted by Sarcasmos.

• Photo from afoxontheroad / Instagram:

39191_hongkong.jpg

Last edited:
Lil 'Sammy, who is smoking hot like his Uncle, recorded the show. I hope he records all the shows and does a montage of all the shows.

He really looks a lot like Morrissey.

Actually this site is remarkably well moderated, whether you agree or not. The sub-species comment is absolutely 100% on-topic. If you don't like it, we can recommend several other sites that might offend you less.

How many times has this advice been recommended to the bots ? doh:Yet still they return :rolleyes:

Love words X X ! Moo is Mwurder !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Actually this site is remarkably well moderated, whether you agree or not. The sub-species comment is absolutely 100% on-topic. If you don't like it, we can recommend several other sites that might offend you less.

I agree.
But these other sites are boring.
And why do I get the feeling many people like to get offended? And that this is the reason why they come back again?

I don't have ANY complaint about moderation.
What does worry me a bit is members wanting a much more restricting website regarding rules of being off-topic.

But moderators have never said to me I was off-topic, and never have threatened (what a word) to drag my post to the off-topic forum. I wouldn't mind if they did.

So whatever has been discussed about free speech, I still believe or want to believe that this is the case on this site.

And that it is a good thing to strive for.
It's not something to be taken for granted.
As many other sites have demonstrated.
So you can be proud of that.

I guess you raise some good points. I'm the guy that commented about uncleskinny being off topic, by the way. Anyways, I do like the site. It's just so contentious sometimes, but the other sites are kind of lackluster, in my opinion. Maybe I'm too sensitive. Who knows. Better to have the occasional contentiousness then a lack of diversity of thought, I suppose. Even the butcher guy, as annoying as I find him sometimes, adds an interesting and often humorous diversion/dimension. This is a good site, and saying that it is poorly moderated was unfair. Maybe I just need to get used to it. I was kind of in a mood when I wrote that other post. Apologies to uncleskinny and the powers that be.

I guess you raise some good points. I'm the guy that commented about uncleskinny being off topic, by the way. Anyways, I do like the site. It's just so contentious sometimes, but the other sites are kind of lackluster, in my opinion. Maybe I'm too sensitive. Who knows. Better to have the occasional contentiousness then a lack of diversity of thought, I suppose. Even the butcher guy, as annoying as I find him sometimes, adds an interesting and often humorous diversion/dimension. This is a good site, and saying that it is poorly moderated was unfair. Maybe I just need to get used to it. I was kind of in a mood when I wrote that other post. Apologies to uncleskinny and the powers that be.

Thank you for your honesty and kindness as well.
It is some kind of evidence there are a lot of people genuinely interested and not being a jerk as to insult everybody they don't agree with. And I do understand that feeling you get when somebody is rude and insulting to you and you don't understand why.
Cheers

Yes, this site is extremely well moderated. Unfortunately it's just all the neutral or positive stuff that doesn't get through. Have posted here a question or a comment several times, but funnily enough they didn't pass "the moderating". Meanwhile some vicious rants by the usual suspects were going on in that thread. So the comment section is decidedly kept this way, which makes this site quite a sad place to be sometimes.

Yes, this site is extremely well moderated. Unfortunately it's just all the neutral or positive stuff that doesn't get through. Have posted here a question or a comment several times, but funnily enough they didn't pass "the moderating". Meanwhile some vicious rants by the usual suspects were going on in that thread. So the comment section is decidedly kept this way, which makes this site quite a sad place to be sometimes.

You are talking absolute nonsense. We have never censored neutral or positive stuff. Ever. You won't find any proof of it because it has never, ever happened.

I hope you do realize that anonymous posts are ALWAYS moderated and it takes a while before they show up.

Member's posts might be moderated if there have been complaints, or reports about them afterwards and that could be a reason you saw member's posts that in your opinion were offending but were not as there were no reports or complaints about them.

There just might be a technical issue as well. Lost connection, bad WiFi, heavy traffic on the site.
In the beginning you will have to get used to it.

I dare say, anybody here has had these issues but not that much.
There are advantages if you register, choose a username and sign in. Give a valid e-mail address and your posts are directly to be seen on the site. You can rate posts, and if you made a typo edit your own posts.
Cheers :thumb:

this is what called 'the name of the game'. negative comments get ratings. i've posted many thing that refute the statements on here and they will get 'filtered'. being a fan of morrissey is looked down upon in this site. don't forget morrissey refuted this site because of the negative comments in the first place. who knew, being a fan was the wrong thing.

Any need for that or do you simply like insulting people? It was a simple question not a dig. I know exactly when China regained control but only 31% of inhabitants were Chinese at the last census in 2011.

Really?

Ethnic groups in Hong Kong
The great majority of people in Hong Kong are ethnic Chinese, who made up 92.6% of the population at the time of the 2011 census.

The other three groups with more than 0.5% of the population are Filipino (1.9%), Indonesian (1.9%) and White (0.8%).

Peter prevails, once again.

this is what called 'the name of the game'. negative comments get ratings. i've posted many thing that refute the statements on here and they will get 'filtered'. being a fan of morrissey is looked down upon in this site. don't forget morrissey refuted this site because of the negative comments in the first place. who knew, being a fan was the wrong thing.

Utter nonsense yet again. As before, you will find absolutely zero evidence for your assertions. You have no idea what you are talking about. You are free to post as many 'positive' comments as you like. Go ahead, and stop whining.

Morrissey has "slagged off" Canada for the seal hunt by our indigenous people.
I am a proud Canadian, but still can't wait to see him in Melbourne & Adelaide.
I hope he will change his mind about coming back to play a show(s) in our country.
I would gladly give him my money and buy tix if he did return.

The game has rules. Comments can get rated by members only.
Negative or positive comments. If you post anonymously, the rule on the website is it needs to be moderated first and it will take sometimes substantially more time before it is displayed on the site. (due to heavy traffic or whatever)

I can assure you that there are a lot of Moz-fans here and I don't feel like I am looked down upon. On the contrary.

Sign in Moz-fan, choose a username and supply a valid email address.
And you can rate yourself all posts as you like, and your posts will immediately be displayed. And you can edit your own posts.
These are big advantages above posting anonymously.

You know by now Moz likes to confront his fans and tease them and ruffle some feathers. Many emotional outburst have been shared but the thing is, don't take all the f***solo stuff to serious.

In my opinion the site had a lot of traffic and Moz had a lot of attention by the controversy. Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings.

There is also the technical possibility to ignore posts from members which you don't like. And you don't have to use the rating system if you don't want to.

I am a Moz-fan like you, love this man and posted very positive about him and moderators never filtered my posts and there is a lot of liberty here. You won't have any problem.

Don't be afraid for negative reactions either from anonymous posters or members. You have to be brave enough to stand for your opinion. Is that so difficult? Just asking.
Cheers

The game has rules. Comments can get rated by members only.
Negative or positive comments. If you post anonymously, the rule on the website is it needs to be moderated first and it will take sometimes substantially more time before it is displayed on the site. (due to heavy traffic or whatever)

I can assure you that there are a lot of Moz-fans here and I don't feel like I am looked down upon. On the contrary.

Sign in Moz-fan, choose a username and supply a valid email address.
And you can rate yourself all posts as you like, and your posts will immediately be displayed. And you can edit your own posts.
These are big advantages above posting anonymously.

You know by now Moz likes to confront his fans and tease them and ruffle some feathers. Many emotional outburst have been shared but the thing is, don't take all the f***solo stuff to serious.

In my opinion the site had a lot of traffic and Moz had a lot of attention by the controversy. Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings.

There is also the technical possibility to ignore posts from members which you don't like. And you don't have to use the rating system if you don't want to.

I am a Moz-fan like you, love this man and posted very positive about him and moderators never filtered my posts and there is a lot of liberty here. You won't have any problem.

Don't be afraid for negative reactions either from anonymous posters or members. You have to be brave enough to stand for your opinion. Is that so difficult? Just asking.
Cheers

i didn't make negative comment to get approval. the positive comment was 'filtered'. this is well known.

i didn't make negative comment to get approval. the positive comment was 'filtered'. this is well known.

Positive comments are not filtered, they never have been, and you will never find proof that they have because it has never, ever, happened. Stop whining.

Positive comments are not filtered, they never have been, and you will never find proof that they have because it has never, ever, happened. Stop whining.

Sorry Uncleskinny,
I provided wrong info about this. A bit carried away in my enthusiasm for the site. I even tried to get him to sign in!
I am NOT the anonymous poster. :thumb:

Many who cringed at Meat Is Murder video will have something to think about. Some will change their ways. That's why the performance of the song is one of the most powerful moments in rock.
Late response, but yea, Meat is Murder is very powerful, almost hypnotic towards the end live, and the added "Whats Your Excuse Now" at the end makes you think, it did to me anyway, stopped me.

Did anyone record "All The Lazy Dykes"? Please share with us! Thank you! :)

@Uncleskinny - most of these young fans 2004 and onwards won't ever "get it"
It's a literal waste of your time.

I have always appreciated your contributions and views - so know you're not alone. We are just a dying breed in the world of Morrissey.

It's interesting how the comrodery that once existed amongst Morrissey fans is nearly dead as well. I wonder what happened? I wonder when it happened? Is it because he changed? The world changed? Or was it us who changed? I say all the
above.

Maybe things can get better or maybe in the next world..
lol. best of luck to you

If positive comments were filtered there is no way anyone could prove it. How could any user of the site prove which comments pass the moderation process?
You must be aware that "proving a negative" is pretty difficult, and that proving anything without access to all of the data is definitely impossible. And even if someone had access to every submission and could show which were accepted and which were rejected, it would still be subjective and a matter of opinion how "negative" or "positive" they were, and there would be absolutely no way to prove why they were rejected.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom