Honestly, The Smiths just need to play a show together

Except for the singles no new order record is actually listenable
Try Republic or Movement. They are very different but I think each one does what it does very well throughout. So far they've only had one record that I sometimes skip songs on, though. I can't say that about Morrissey.

what was it johnboy said,thank f*** the other one isnt here,and some people want M to share a stage with marr.

what was it johnboy said,thank f*** the other one isnt here,and some people want M to share a stage with marr.
That cattiness just highlights that Morrissey, even in his absence, is still and will always be the defining musical relationship of JM's life. Nobody in the crowd was sitting there thinking, "ooh, maybe the other one is Barney Sumner"... so in a way it was quite revealing.
Years ago, Moz compared Johnny to E.T (on stage) and was drowned out by booing so he quickly backtracked.

I've always thought that too. Moz knows that wunderkind musicians are quickly 'in demand', they're poached by other bands, they share the spotlight to some degree as well - he didn't want that to happen again so he chose mostly unknowns for his first solo band.

I think it is a situation that suits him (in terms of his ambitions as a solo artist) but also annoys him/embarrasses him at times, especially live. You can sometimes see it in his face and the way that he moves. This mortifying performance is pre-Tobias era and to me, he looks like he's thinking "this is f***ing awful" all the way through.

The only thing really awful about this is the festival situation where there’s a lot of people there but they’re not all there just to see him and he picks up on that vibe.

The guitar isn’t great, he probably learned that song the night before the show, who knows.

Boz working hard though.

The only thing really awful about this is the festival situation where there’s a lot of people there but they’re not all there just to see him and he picks up on that vibe.

The guitar isn’t great, he probably learned that song the night before the show, who knows.

Boz working hard though.

It's unusual in a singer - actors are very much like that.

If there's a deathly quiet or hostile audience you'll always find them stricken in the green room. And then I'll pop in & tell them it's absolutely fine, the costumes are fantastic & their grandmother loves it.

With the exception of The Truth About Ruth and The Secret Of Music, I Am Not A Dog On A Chain is the best music Morrissey has put his name to in 30 years. I see no reason to reform The Smiths.

With the exception of The Truth About Ruth and The Secret Of Music, I Am Not A Dog On A Chain is the best music Morrissey has put his name to in 30 years. I see no reason to reform The Smiths.

This is probably true, which is very sad. Agreed, let's not taint the Smiths with modern Moz.

This is probably true, which is very sad. Agreed, let's not taint the Smiths with modern Moz.
why is it sad,it shows that as he gets older he gets better.

Boz working hard though.
He's been at loads of festivals, it's nothing new for him. And his vocals are great - just let down by the band.

I've always thought that too. Moz knows that wunderkind musicians are quickly 'in demand', they're poached by other bands, they share the spotlight to some degree as well - he didn't want that to happen again so he chose mostly unknowns for his first solo band.

I think it is a situation that suits him (in terms of his ambitions as a solo artist) but also annoys him/embarrasses him at times, especially live. You can sometimes see it in his face and the way that he moves. This mortifying performance is pre-Tobias era and to me, he looks like he's thinking "this is f***ing awful" all the way through.

The problem with that performance is that they are trying to play a song on guitars in standard tuning that was written in open E.

He's been at loads of festivals, it's nothing new for him. And his vocals are great - just let down by the band.

I don’t see any evidence of that, how do you come to that conclusion ?

Maybe you’re let down by the band.

Oh Ket, give up.

:lbf:Why should I give up

you’re the one that has no evidence that Morrissey has a problem with the band in that video

Or just give up and admit it you’re wrong

:lbf:Why should I give up

you’re the one that has no evidence that Morrissey has a problem with the band in that video

Or just give up and admit it you’re wrong

A couple of posters on this site also thought he wasn’t great at Glastonbury that year.

A couple of posters on this site also thought he wasn’t great at Glastonbury that year.

That’s not the point

even I agree that the guitarist doesn’t sound too hot

that’s obvious

but there’s nothing in the video that points to Morrissey being disappointed in the band

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom