Home is a question mark

A

Anonymous

So I haven’t been a fan of Low in High School. The songs really don’t call to me. However...I have given Home is a Question Mark a second chance. I think this sounds the most like old Moz...it’s a good song. And his vocal performance is fantastic. The rest of the album still makes me skip songs.

It's one of my favorites as well, from a mostly underwhelming album.

So I haven’t been a fan of Low in High School. The songs really don’t call to me. However...I have given Home is a Question Mark a second chance. I think this sounds the most like old Moz...it’s a good song. And his vocal performance is fantastic. The rest of the album still makes me skip songs.

It’s my favourite as well.

I do skip some songs but I mostly like the whole this song being one of the best on the album and as far as lyrics yeah it's the most common old style of morrissey topics. Lyrically I'm indifferent about Israel, it's to vague to say anything to me, but his vocal on that song is great and my love is also a great vocal with the higher bits sounding really good. For someone his age his voice is still fantastic

Reckon Uncle Steve's home has been Moz Angeles since 1991. Blikey you people really are delusional, but just like America is not the World it made you anti-American foreigners and Americans who can't "afford" to live in California because you are too lazy to work hard buy the album. Steve is a great businessman and a true American Capitalist.

It's one song on the album that strikes me as Moz by numbers more than most. I know people love it, but listening to the instrumental, it's very bland and formulaic. The end is really sweeping and nice though.

It's one song on the album that strikes me as Moz by numbers more than most.

Maybe that's what people want sometimes. :D

I can do without the sleigh bells, though.

The verse is okay-ish (good vocals) and the end is nice. But what the hell happened in the middle? He completely forgot to write a tune for the chorus, hence we've ended up with a soupy three-note dirge. I do also find it the theme - poor me, I'm still on my own after all this time - has worn a bit threadbare. It's not one I would bother to play or get excited to hear live. I do find the love for this song a bit mystifying.

its an album of two halves,after spent it changes to politics.i think who will protect is great but I seem to be one of only a few who like it.

The verse is okay-ish (good vocals) and the end is nice. But what the hell happened in the middle? He completely forgot to write a tune for the chorus, hence we've ended up with a soupy three-note dirge. I do also find it the theme - poor me, I'm still on my own after all this time - has worn a bit threadbare. It's not one I would bother to play or get excited to hear live. I do find the love for this song a bit mystifying.

It got a nice reaction live when it preformed. That big ending, which I’ll argue is made bigger with the spare beginning, was pretty cool. As to subject matter most people make the songs about themselves and I don’t believe when they listen to it are thinking poor morrissey but rather poor me. It’s a universal theme feeling lost and it’s appeal will last a long time

It got a nice reaction live when it preformed. That big ending, which I’ll argue is made bigger with the spare beginning, was pretty cool. As to subject matter most people make the songs about themselves and I don’t believe when they listen to it are thinking poor morrissey but rather poor me. It’s a universal theme feeling lost and it’s appeal will last a long time
Bit of a leap there. I certainly don't. But then I'm not somebody who ever felt 'he could be singing about me' - it's more that I enjoyed him singing about himself, because his perspective was always interesting. Anyway, I just don't think it's that good a song but it seems to make some people happy, so each to their own.

Bit of a leap there. I certainly don't. But then I'm not somebody who ever felt 'he could be singing about me' - it's more that I enjoyed him singing about himself, because his perspective was always interesting. Anyway, I just don't think it's that good a song but it seems to make some people happy, so each to their own.

I don’t think it that much of a leap imo. I think it common opinion that this is how most people view pop music. I can think of situations in my life where most songs not super specific I.e story telling could be felt through a prism of me. Most music fans and even morrissey fans aren’t that focused on him as a person

when "if i ever find home" builds up to "if I get there would you meet me...." it's positively orgasmic. (see, I can talk dirty)

when "if i ever find home" builds up to "if I get there would you meet me...." it's positively orgasmic. (see, I can talk dirty)

Funny, sounds more like a panic attack to me! ;)

Relaaaaaax, Morrissey. Remember you have to write songs about loneliness until you retire. You might need to just hum in a low voice. It'd be silly to die of cardiac arrest now.

Back
Top Bottom