Home is a Question Mark should've been a single

A

Anonymous

Why the hell didn't Morrissey release Home is a Question Mark as a single?

It's a great f***ing record!

So, why not?

Don't think it matters what song gets put out it wont chart these days,the charts as we know it are dead,when a bunch of x factor rejects called LITTLE MIX can have four number ones I think that says it all,one of them looks like shes never seen a bar of soap.

Don't think it matters what song gets put out it wont chart these days,the charts as we know it are dead,when a bunch of x factor rejects called LITTLE MIX can have four number ones I think that says it all,one of them looks like shes never seen a bar of soap.

I agree that they are shit and they only sell loads because millions of people saw them on of X factor, their last album sold 900k in the uk simply because they get loads of exposure and guest appearances on X factor which shouldn’t be allowed seeing as they are signed to Simon Cowells label. However bands like The 1975 are still managing to chart through the old method of touring and building a following up that way.

I agree that they are shit and they only sell loads because millions of people saw them on of X factor, their last album sold 900k in the uk simply because they get loads of exposure and guest appearances on X factor which shouldn’t be allowed seeing as they are signed to Simon Cowells label. However bands like The 1975 are still managing to chart through the old method of touring and building a following up that way.
when has a conflict of interest ever bothered x factor,its all about ratings and advertising,

The reason Morrissey doesn’t chart anymore is cos’ his output over the last decade has been shite. It’s as simple as that.

And you are deaf!

LOL!
The more likely scenario is, you’re in denial.
His music is shit, and if you wanna take something as superficial as chart positions to back that up, then between 2004-06 he had SIX, SIX!! Top 10 singles, and a bunch of others landing comfortably in the top 20. That’s unthinkable now. And your excuse is what? The charts are run by X-factor rejects & boy bands? Well they were back then too, chart music hasn’t regressed or progressed in that time, instead of Girls Aloud, it’s Little Mix, instead of Mcfly it’s One Direction. Same old shit as it was back then, but somehow Morrissey can’t chart in the top 100, what’s changed?

LOL!
The more likely scenario is, you’re in denial.
His music is shit, and if you wanna take something as superficial as chart positions to back that up, then between 2004-06 he had SIX, SIX!! Top 10 singles, and a bunch of others landing comfortably in the top 20. That’s unthinkable now. And your excuse is what? The charts are run by X-factor rejects & boy bands? Well they were back then too, chart music hasn’t regressed or progressed in that time, instead of Girls Aloud, it’s Little Mix, instead of Mcfly it’s One Direction. Same old shit as it was back then, but somehow Morrissey can’t chart in the top 100, what’s changed?

So music which doesn‘t make the charts is shit? You are not very clever, aren‘t you?

Great song and I think the lyrics are good myself but I guess it depends on what you want from morrissey. I personally still think the wrap your legs line hilarious in the context of the song. It’s not really a single though in the sense of being played on radio or other places as it’s just not that Instant. It takes a while to get to the payoff. I wish you lonely grew on me considerably. Jacky was the single I was so so on. It’s got a good bit in the middle and ends strong but the songs kinda bland altogether

The reason Morrissey doesn’t chart anymore is cos’ his output over the last decade has been shite. It’s as simple as that.

Are you being a retard for my benefit, or? :confused:

You have to admit that you enjoy some Morrissey songs from the last decade. While I agree that there have been many songs I didn’t particularly care for, Moz’s music is still much better than most, even when it’s “shite” as you decreed.

Back
Top Bottom