Hollywood DVD compatibility

It will be incompatible unless you unlock (modify) your current DVD player or buy a region-free machine.

If anyone here knows of a good site for hack codes, please post it. I can't seem to find my DVD model # on any of the sites. Many of the sites say, "no known hacks". Thanks!:)

Last edited:
http://www.ssrichardmontgomery.com/dvd_region_unlock.htm

I was able to unlock mine even though my exact model wasn't listed. I just tried the closest model # and to my amazement it worked!

Thank you so much, Claudia. I looked for my model and it's not listed. I will try the closest model as you suggested. Must this be done over and over each time the unit is powered on?

EDIT:
I just tried this and it's not working. However, on the menu it is asking for a 4-digit password to change the Country Code. Do you or anyone else know where I can find this? It's a Magnavox by the way. Thanks so much, this is driving me crazy....!!

Last edited:
Thank you so much, Claudia. I looked for my model and it's not listed. I will try the closest model as you suggested. Must this be done over and over each time the unit is powered on?

EDIT:
I just tried this and it's not working. However, on the menu it is asking for a 4-digit password to change the Country Code. Do you or anyone else know where I can find this? It's a Magnavox by the way. Thanks so much, this is driving me crazy....!!

Sorry but I have no idea. It sounds like you're on the right track though, if it's asking you for a code! My only suggestion would be to google some more and see if you can find the code. Good luck! I was lucky, mine (a Yamaha) was only 4 ridiculously easy steps. If I need another DVD player, I think I'll be checking a list like this one before I buy it to make sure it's easy to unlock!

Will the Hollywood DVD be incompatible on US players? I know it'll be Region 2 and all...

It will definitely be a region 2? If Morrissey supposedly has no say in the release of it why wouldn't Warner Brothers release it in the United States/Canada/Region 1?

It will definitely be a region 2? If Morrissey supposedly has no say in the release of it why wouldn't Warner Brothers release it in the United States/Canada/Region 1?

it would be wise to release them here but that does not mean they will,when a few of his older video compilations were re released onto dvd such as " live in dallas "they were only made available in region 2

EDIT:

You could start trying... there are only 9,999 possibilities! :D

it would be wise to release them here but that does not mean they will,when a few of his older video compilations were re released onto dvd such as " live in dallas "they were only made available in region 2

Hmm I will settle for an audio rip then.

Most computers can read any dvd. Just use VLC media player and you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom