*HOAX*Brixton - Boz on facebook

Sheridan Whiteside

Sweet and Tender Hooligan
I have just been talking to Boz again on Facebook and he told me that Brixton on Friday and Saturday is also off!

Transcript below

15:50Alan
Hey Boz, looks like Ian Gibbs was partially right

15:50Boz
leave then i can sit down

15:51Alan
eh?

yeah he had a doctor last night 8pm

he told him to let it mend

what about Saturday night?

15:52Boz
sorry poker and 3 convesations

sat nite?

15:52Alan
Last gig at Brixton

off

not even first night at brixton

15:53Alan
for sure? to be rescheduled at a later date?

15:53Boz
hope so

cheers Boz, get back to the Poker. See ya in Oct I guess.

Bugger, another train and travelodge wasted.

OK ALL!!!! This has gone to far!!! I thought it would be somewhat funny if I made up a fictitious chat I 'had' with Boz on Facebook, just to see what kind of reaction i recieved.

I aint even on Facebook, and do not intend to be.

Apologies all. Not funny I know.

Last edited:
Re: Friday and Saturday Brixton Off (according to Boz)

I have just been talking to Boz again on Facebook and he told me that Brixton on Friday and Saturday is also off!

Transcript below

15:50Alan
Hey Boz, looks like Ian Gibbs was partially right

leave then i can sit down

eh?

yeah he had a doctor last night 8pm

he told him to let it mend

what about Saturday night?

sorry poker and 3 convesations

sat nite?

15:52Alan
Last gig at Brixton

off

not even first night at brixton

for sure? to be rescheduled at a later date?

15:53Boz
hope so

cheers Boz, get back to the Poker. See ya in Oct I guess.

Bugger, another train and travelodge wasted.

:( I knew i should have went for a cheaper hotel.
What to do in London for 4 days :(?

:( I knew i should have went for a cheaper hotel.
What to do in London for 4 days :(?

You have plenty things to do in London.

If the weather is nice, visit Kew Gardens where is one of the Smiths related places in London.

You can go to museums and art galleries, Muchy's squat party etc.

You have plenty things to do in London.

If the weather is nice, visit Kew Gardens where is one of the Smiths related places in London.

You can go to museums and art galleries, Muchy's squat party etc.

Don't quite fancy doing these things alone though:(.

If you're a history buff there's tonnes to see, there's a bunch of exhibits on at the mo about Henry VIII, one at the Tower of London, one at the British Library, one at Hampton Court Palace and prolly some others too.

Ah bugger, at least it's better than him putting in a sub standard performance or travelling all the way there then not being able to continue with gig after a few songs.

I wish it was handled a little bit better, feel sorry for those of you who have hotels/flights etc, for instance a few hours can make a lot of difference on being able to cancel hotels or not.

In a strange way I am glad its been rescheduled. It was obvious what we were going to get song wise anyhow.

Oh no, so its officially off then? :(

So why no official statement? Am not convinced that Boz on FB is real Boz because when I added him he didnt have many friends added and it said things like 'me & Boz' like it was just a fan. I know his missus is on there but its not hard to set that up...

So why no official statement? Am not convinced that Boz on FB is real Boz because when I added him he didnt have many friends added and it said things like 'me & Boz' like it was just a fan. I know his missus is on there but its not hard to set that up...

He sponsored me £10 for the marathon so that's good enough for me!!

From Reuters this afternoon

LONDON (Reuters) - Flamboyant singer and 1980s indie icon, Morrissey, has been forced to cancel a fifth concert of his current UK tour after doctors insisted he must rest his voice.

Event organisers said the former lead singer of The Smiths, who recently turned 50, would not be appearing at London's O2 Academy Brixton on Thursday night due to a throat illness.

"Morrissey is on continued doctor's orders not to sing, to ensure a complete recuperation," concert organisers said in a statement.

It is the fifth show he has had to scrap from the UK leg of his world tour. He has played eleven shows of the sixteen dates scheduled in the UK, his record company said.

Morrissey's forthcoming shows at the same venue on May 29 and 30 will still go ahead, however, his record company said.

Despite having to cancel a string of dates in Birmingham, London and Salisbury, Morrisey did manage to appear at the Manchester Apollo last Friday on his 50th Birthday.

The gig -- in his hometown where he received a rapturous reception - featured Smiths' classics and his acclaimed solo work.

Event organisers apologised to fans for the latest cancellation and advised them to hang on to their tickets pending further announcements

Morrissey's forthcoming shows at the same venue on May 29 and 30 will still go ahead, however, his record company said.

Who to believe? The record company or Boz?

This tension is killing me.

according to Sheridan Whiteside more like... :crazy:

if Morrissey has cancelled Friday and Saturday, it would be exceedingly arrogant; nae SUICIDAL (!!!) of the organisers not to announce it as far in advance as possible.
He is taking one day at a time, with doctors advising him on a daily basis.
He will at least give Saturday a go :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom