HMV Online

roky

I ordered SG, Malajusted, and the Skull 7". I got Skull one day, the next day came what looked like my two cd's. I opened it up and it was one Black Crows cd but has the SG sku number on it. Still have not received Malajusted. Why they shipped them all separate I have no idea. I emailed them and they want me to pay to ship it back and when they receive it they will ship my SG cd.
Well piss on them. I think I will sell the BC cd on amazon and order it from another site.
That is my rant about HMV

I haven't recieved Skull CD1 or my Skull 7" from HMV yet, even though to be fair to them, it does seem to be Universal Music that have f***ed the order up.

HMV have never let me down, not once. All albums received before the day of release. And recordstore always do their bit by delivering the singles before the release date as well, mustn't grumble.

This has happened to me before. They sent me the wrong CD once. The sticker on it was correct for that CD but it was someone else's name on it. They still sent me the other items I ordered, it was just like I received an extra CD for free (it was a crap single BTW).

Oh and when did they screw up the price of the greatest hits?? I recently bought the greatest hits special edition cause they priced it the same as the regular edition, which was selling for around 6 pounds but there was a 2 for 10 deal, so I really got it for 5 quid. DEAL.

I contacted them to try to send my skull singles back (too much glue on the stickers) initially they told me to send them back to this address:
hmv Customer Returns
PO Box 15
Guernsey
GY1 3AH

But when I asked if they would reimburse postage, they gave me a freepost one:
hmv Customer Returns
Freepost 241
Guernsey
GY1 5SS

Crafty bastards.

Dave

I once ordered a New Order DVD from them and got a Thunder Cats DVD instead and apparently I wasn't the only one!! I got a full refund plus my postage costs (recorded) back ok though, so I wasn't too bothered.

If HMV sent you the wrong item, I imagine they legally have to cover your postage costs to return the item.

HMV started sending items individually ever since they moved their depot to Jersey, I've had six parcels arrive before on the same day, but as they don't charge for postage, it's their loss.

Last edited:
I once ordered a New Order DVD from them and got a Thunder Cats DVD instead and apparently I wasn't the only one!! I got a full refund plus my postage costs (recorded) back ok though, so I wasn't too bothered.

If HMV sent you the wrong item, I imagine they legally have to cover your postage costs to return the item.

HMV started sending items individually ever since they moved their depot to Jersey, I've had six parcels arrive before on the same day, but as they don't charge for postage, it's their loss.

At least you got a Thundercats DVD, which is fun, huh :)

slightly controversially...i think hmv are fantastic. they may not quite have the integrity of independently owned shops but they beat the evils of supermarkets selling CDs - I think HMVs are great. The staff are good and their choice is ace. I'd much rather go there than into a supermarket that tells me what CDs I should buy any day.

slightly controversially...i think hmv are fantastic. they may not quite have the integrity of independently owned shops but they beat the evils of supermarkets selling CDs - I think HMVs are great. The staff are good and their choice is ace. I'd much rather go there than into a supermarket that tells me what CDs I should buy any day.
I take it you are affiliated with them?

I used to work for an HMV. It's not that fun and got boring really quick because they don't focus on selling music anymore, their priorities lie in games and movies.

I like their selection of music at the flagships, but the smaller stores are extremely crap. Still better than supermarkets of course. There isn't any other big chain music retailer in this country anymore, so they are only the best by default.

I used to work for an HMV. It's not that fun and got boring really quick because they don't focus on selling music anymore, their priorities lie in games and movies.

I like their selection of music at the flagships, but the smaller stores are extremely crap. Still better than supermarkets of course. There isn't any other big chain music retailer in this country anymore, so they are only the best by default.

Me also the only good thing about them is the discount that they offer. I think lesson learnt to all who have encountered probs with their orders is support your local independent record stores instead of paying to support a chain that is moving further away from music and deeper in to tech gadgets.

I take it you are affiliated with them?

to a certain extent, yes. I worked there in my sixth form days and hold them close to my heart since. i suppose everyone at hmv was happy and keen in those days, before internets quashed their trade and they had to focus on selling fads and memorabilia and more games et al.

Back
Top Bottom