'Hit Town' (2016) - The Perfect English Weather. Song about being a Morrissey fan; mentions several songs, the cancelling of shows, Autobiography etc.

I've been meaning to post this for yonks. It's by a group called Perfect English Weather who are the singer and songwriter from late 80's Brighton-based indie band The Popguns. The singer, Wendy, was a pretty big Morrissey fan and used to perform in her Kill Uncle t-shirt.
They had quite a few cracking songs.

Hit Town is on their rather good album, Isobar Blues, which came out in 2016 I think.
Not the greatest of songs itself but an interesting take on Morrissey fandom nonetheless.

It starts, 'you never sneaked into my room, you never read my diary,
I never got past Chapter 1 of your autobiography'.

Last edited by a moderator:
‘I never got past Chapter 1 of your autobiography'

short attention span?

The Popguns were and still are (they're still active) one of the greatest indie bands of the last few decades, absolutely fantastic band.

Here's two of their classic singles from the late eighties:

The Perfect English Weather are singer and husband/guitarrist of The Popguns; more mellow, less noisy but very interesting too.
This song was about Morrissey as well IIRC:

The Popguns were and still are (they're still active) one of the greatest indie bands of the last few decades, absolutely fantastic band.

Here's two of their classic singles from the late eighties:

The Perfect English Weather are singer and husband/guitarrist of The Popguns; more mellow, less noisy but very interesting too.
This song was about Morrissey as well IIRC:

Couldn't agree more....brilliant underrated band....so many great songs...similarly Trashcan Sinatras...both fantastic bands that didn't get the acclaim the quality of their music warranted...and both still going

It's a tribute to M how loved he is by his fans, that they pay homage in their songs . M must be one of the most mentioned artists to be hyped in other people's songs and it happened quick time- M was being hyped in other people's songs within two Smiths lps As an old friend says "people are jealous pigs , M has been so important to people , he is hated. It's a pure power people are jealous of "

This band seems a bit twee for me and the lyrics aren't really up to much but they seem like lovely people.
You know they would be nice to go and have a pint with

Just saw these guys are from Brighton. so many bands live there. Quite a few M fans as well, which is kinda funny when you think its one of the most middle-class and "right on " parts of the UK
I used to visit a few friends there. Stopped going, as it's quite racist in an unsaid way. My wife used to get quite a few iffy comments.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom