Hiroshima - Blue Live (Apr. 27, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

You Have Killed Me / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / You're The One For Me, Fatty / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Alma Matters / How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / First Of The Gang To Die / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / Let Me Kiss You / Meat Is Murder / Scandinavia / Speedway // Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want

set list (scan from @vivahate72 / Twitter, link posted by an anonymous person and also Miss Garden) provided by Big Sister Midnight. Link posted by an anonymous person.

• Photo posted by m2kj / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.

hiroshima.jpg

Last edited:
It wasn't meant as a criticism, I can see that that song would be poignant, I just thought that playing a song with the line 'Come, come nuclear bomb' in one of the only two cities in the world that have actually experienced the devastation of a nuclear bomb was noteworthy. Especially, as in the context of the song, it's quite a flippant reference: this town is so dull it would be better for it to be wiped out by a nuclear bomb. I've no objection to this jokey use of hyperbole, just wondered if it might become more fraught with meaning played in this city.

Just as I might joke - exaggerating for effect - that I'd rather die in a car crash than watch the X-Factor, but I might think twice about saying that if I knew that the person I was talking to had a family member who had died that way.

Really enjoyed this thoughtful post...

Actually they borrowed a pair of scissors from a bar staff.

They did paper, scissors, stone in order to decide who could get a piece of the shirt.

That's great.

I think there would be much to learn from countries like Japan. Providing your mind was in the right disposition, of course; as it's also possible to travel the world and never learn anything from it.

The Hiroshima audience is quiet, ALWAYS. But it doesn't mean that they are bored or don't have fun. They just don't know how to react...
I was there, and really enjoyed!! I hope Moz isn't disappointed by the lack of response from the audience.

I follow Morrissey's current drummer, Matt Walker (@mwBattery), on Twitter. Of late, he has been tweeting the occasional witty observation about the current Asian tour.

Earlier today, a few hours before the show, he tweeted about the poignancy of performing "I will see you in far off places" in Hiroshima...

Photographs here of the city before and after 'Little Boy' fell are maybe louder...

The Hiroshima audience is quiet, ALWAYS. But it doesn't mean that they are bored or don't have fun. They just don't know how to react...
I was there, and really enjoyed!! I hope Moz isn't disappointed by the lack of response from the audience.

They were probably zoning out!!!

I still don't think he should have played IWSYIFOP or EDILS. He should have either dropped the lyric or the songs altogether. I just felt incredibly sad at these young Japanese singing along to 'COME COME NUCLEAR BOMB' while those my age, at least those I could see standing around me, looked sad, pissed, confused. I know auld muttonchops wouldn't censor himself, but he could have been a little more culturally sensitive. As for showing gruesome reels against the backdrop of cow slaughter and torture and then saying to the crowd 'you don't care', I think yeah, they do. It's just that they have had enough pain and suffering to be confronted with, both in historical terms and more recently as a nation, and that part of going to a rock show is a little escapism from that. Did Japanese tour guides say 'oh you don't care' as Morrissey looked at the burned corpses of children at the A-Bomb museum? No, because I'm sure Morrissey didn't even go. I quit Morrissey. If he comes to New York, I'll really have to think twice about going.

I still don't think he should have played IWSYIFOP or EDILS. He should have either dropped the lyric or the songs altogether. I just felt incredibly sad at these young Japanese singing along to 'COME COME NUCLEAR BOMB' while those my age, at least those I could see standing around me, looked sad, pissed, confused. I know auld muttonchops wouldn't censor himself, but he could have been a little more culturally sensitive. As for showing gruesome reels against the backdrop of cow slaughter and torture and then saying to the crowd 'you don't care', I think yeah, they do. It's just that they have had enough pain and suffering to be confronted with, both in historical terms and more recently as a nation, and that part of going to a rock show is a little escapism from that. Did Japanese tour guides say 'oh you don't care' as Morrissey looked at the burned corpses of children at the A-Bomb museum? No, because I'm sure Morrissey didn't even go. I quit Morrissey. If he comes to New York, I'll really have to think twice about going.

Don't think twice; it's alright.

During the pause of Speedway, Morrissey quoted John Betjeman's The Last Laugh (many thanks to sweetness522 who helped me to find the source):

Now if the harvest is over,
And the world cold,
Give me the bonus of laughter,
As I lose hold.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom