Hindley and The Smiths: art vs artifice

Found this article in the Guardian today and the reference to Suffer Little Children reminded how, at one point, Morrissey was capable of really connecting emotionally with others and could show kindness, warmth and compassion.

T-shirts with Myra Hindley on them? Modern art has forgotten how to care
by Jonathan Jones - The Guardian

Excerpt:

When The Smiths released Suffer Little Children, their song about the Moors Murders, they too were criticised for exploiting tragedy. And yet Morrissey’s lyrics do what images of Hindley cannot do, however clever the artistic manipulations of her photograph may or may not be. Morrissey imagines the ghosts of the murdered children speaking to their killers. His Hindley is a woman in hell, haunted by the innocents she helped to slaughter. Reading Morrissey’s words again after all these years reminds me that art can be compassionate: “We may be dead and we may be gone/ But we will be, we will be, we will be, right by your side/ Until the day you die.”

521.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
bitte schon, herr wasser!
ah, you ARE committed! im impressed! you even know the scientific name and everything. well, thats a grand idea! water chestnuts strike me as a very zen sort of food. are we going to be spending much time in marshes? wont our feet get wet? we both dont like having wet feet. we might be needing galoshes.
i guess it's okay if you're looking forward to the sun rising. you know, ive become very much a morning person in my old age. i dont know when that happened (maybe when i got a coffee maker?) because i used to want to weep every time i had to get up early. now i enjoy it. there's such a calmness to the morning.
well i do live in a city, it's just not a big one, though it is rather spread out. what i would like about living in a big city is anonymity, going somewhere and knowing you wont see anyone you know. i feel like i see people i know everywhere i go. which sounds nice, except that according to the grand order of things, one only ever tends to run into people one doesnt want to see, as opposed to people one might actually like to see. also it's a bit annoying when you are sneakily trying to buy obscene amounts of chocolate and someone you know catches you in flagrante delicto.
well who, with good taste, doesnt sigh when they see anna karina?!
well we could talk about models if you want! eastern european models, or brazilian models, or scandinavia models. there are so many!
do let me know if you get bored of this conversation, though-- i mean its fine, and expected really. any mere mortal would eventually tire of it. i wont though, which is the problem: im oblivious to hints. and when it comes to talking about models and movies and jehnny beth et al, i am as indefatiguable as the royal family when it comes to killing! so i just want you to know that you dont have to feel obligated to reply. getting tired of a conversation is perfectly acceptable (even if it will mean i have no one to wax adoring about jehnny beth with :p).

There's been one great food group we've been forgetting. Wild berries. Not only do they taste delicious, but they're packed with sustenance and will provide us with energy. Let's agree on one thing though. We'll have to pick berries with an ethical intent, so as to be considerate of the plant and also share with the birds and other small animals. I've also found some more important info. Did you know this interesting tidbit about turtles:

Yes, I do enjoy the anonymity of a city. It's what I mean when I say slipping through the cracks. Avoiding bullshit. I get the same feeling when I'm out, where I hope I don't run into someone I know. Maybe it's because I never run into the people I want to. This will be another one of the joys of wandering. If we see someone we don't want to talk to, we can always just duck in the brush and wait for them to pass. Maybe when we duck in the brush, we'll meet a duck in the brush. Hopefully a duck we want to talk to. Haha. By the way, what kind of chocolate are you buying?
Oh I get it. Any mere mortal will tire, but you won't. Please believe that I realize you're no mere mortal. You're a real supa dupa and good conversation is hard to find.
I am a little disappointed that you want me to pick what kind of models to discuss. Part of the fun is hearing what ones you want to discuss. Any one of the three you mentioned is cool. For instance, when it comes to Jehnny Beth, I'm just gonna drop some some info on you. Like, did you know that before the Savages, Jehnny was in a group called John and Jehn? Did you know that she plays piano? This is very lovely and plus it's a nice close up of Jehnny's face:

Sprechen spater haschen.
(I hope this makes sense, I don't really know how to speak German.)

There's been one great food group we've been forgetting. Wild berries. Not only do they taste delicious, but they're packed with sustenance and will provide us with energy. Let's agree on one thing though. We'll have to pick berries with an ethical intent, so as to be considerate of the plant and also share with the birds and other small animals. I've also found some more important info. Did you know this interesting tidbit about turtles:

Yes, I do enjoy the anonymity of a city. It's what I mean when I say slipping through the cracks. Avoiding bullshit. I get the same feeling when I'm out, where I hope I don't run into someone I know. Maybe it's because I never run into the people I want to. This will be another one of the joys of wandering. If we see someone we don't want to talk to, we can always just duck in the brush and wait for them to pass. Maybe when we duck in the brush, we'll meet a duck in the brush. Hopefully a duck we want to talk to. Haha. By the way, what kind of chocolate are you buying?
Oh I get it. Any mere mortal will tire, but you won't. Please believe that I realize you're no mere mortal. You're a real supa dupa and good conversation is hard to find.
I am a little disappointed that you want me to pick what kind of models to discuss. Part of the fun is hearing what ones you want to discuss. Any one of the three you mentioned is cool. For instance, when it comes to Jehnny Beth, I'm just gonna drop some some info on you. Like, did you know that before the Savages, Jehnny was in a group called John and Jehn? Did you know that she plays piano? This is very lovely and plus it's a nice close up of Jehnny's face:

Sprechen spater haschen.
(I hope this makes sense, I don't really know how to speak German.)

yes it made sense! you called me bunny, and it pleased me. :p
well im happy if you're not sick of this, because there is still much of high import to be discussed! (i only thought i should check because i got a vision in my head of some poor guy groaning and thinking "how long is this going to go on for?!" every time i came back with a new enthusiastic multi-paragraph reply, like something out of a bad comedy)
ah, that is an interesting tidbit about turtles! might the dog riding around imperially on his back also slow him down a little? i gotta be honest, i think this turtle video trumps the dancing chicken video as the greatest thing ive ever seen. it's just got everything i've ever wanted in a video. i nearly had a convulsion watching it i laughed so much. whoever made that is a real genius... of some sort. if we see any turtles we must be sure to remove them from the asphalt! we could make a name for ourselves as the patron saints of turtles! once when i was little i saw a turtle that had been run over by a car. boy was that upsetting. and mushy.
i already do hide in the brush when i see people i dont know. oh how nice it would be to meet an affable duck in the brush! ducks are such grand things! perhaps mr. or mrs. duck will take us back to their home for tea and give us a talisman to keep us safe on our journeys? well of course we'll eat wild berries, that goes without saying. it's not like were just going to walk past them and not eat them. that would be unnatural.
i buy whatever kind of chocolate! not vegan, ashamedly. it would be so much easier to be vegan if i liked dark chocolate, but i really really dont. im very fond of white chocolate reese peanut butter cups. so white trash, i know. i have no quality of life. i tend to feel much less embarrassed when im buying less white trashy chocolate, like the organic free trade $7 a bar kind, but i dont do that often, because sometimes i just want to eat wax.
no, i did not know that about jehnny beth! you are the source of all my jehnny beth info. were they very successful? what kind of music? ah i love that video! a most agreeable injection of jehnny beth! i think i like hearing her do slower songs because she has this exquisiteness that just comes out. but i want to report that i've been listening to savages every now and again, and im starting to like them more!
also i want to report that i watched "i knew her well" and it was so good! i really like all the music throughout and i really like that actress. god, she is just so impossibly pretty. and god, the amount of cads she was subjected to! poor thing. she should've just got together with the boxer and worked in his grocery store. that's my conclusion.
no models tonight, because im tired and i feel like i've already gone on too long. next time!

me toooooo sistah! well, i mean, no, it doesnt corrupt me, i just think it's boring as f***. although i guess i am most corruptible when im bored so perhaps it would corrupt me if i gave it any thought.

liked the vid! they have a great sound! what do you do on youtube?

Policics - it just seems 2 be non stop arguments and disagreaments between politicians and people ect with no one really getting anywere accept backwards perhaps!
But supose someone has 2 do it!
Im off the subject of politics from now on in, ive just about enough of it!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Its morrisseys fault LOL :) only kidding!

But this topic has gone "off topic" here there and everywere so didnt really see any harm in posting the nouvelle vague video.

Im not really in a position 2 post any of my own u tube videos up onto the forum nor explain what I do ect at the moment, its nothing really!

Sistah ? why ? ive never once actaully said I was female !

yes it made sense! you called me bunny, and it pleased me. :p
well im happy if you're not sick of this, because there is still much of high import to be discussed! (i only thought i should check because i got a vision in my head of some poor guy groaning and thinking "how long is this going to go on for?!" every time i came back with a new enthusiastic multi-paragraph reply, like something out of a bad comedy)
ah, that is an interesting tidbit about turtles! might the dog riding around imperially on his back also slow him down a little? i gotta be honest, i think this turtle video trumps the dancing chicken video as the greatest thing ive ever seen. it's just got everything i've ever wanted in a video. i nearly had a convulsion watching it i laughed so much. whoever made that is a real genius... of some sort. if we see any turtles we must be sure to remove them from the asphalt! we could make a name for ourselves as the patron saints of turtles! once when i was little i saw a turtle that had been run over by a car. boy was that upsetting. and mushy.
i already do hide in the brush when i see people i dont know. oh how nice it would be to meet an affable duck in the brush! ducks are such grand things! perhaps mr. or mrs. duck will take us back to their home for tea and give us a talisman to keep us safe on our journeys? well of course we'll eat wild berries, that goes without saying. it's not like were just going to walk past them and not eat them. that would be unnatural.
i buy whatever kind of chocolate! not vegan, ashamedly. it would be so much easier to be vegan if i liked dark chocolate, but i really really dont. im very fond of white chocolate reese peanut butter cups. so white trash, i know. i have no quality of life. i tend to feel much less embarrassed when im buying less white trashy chocolate, like the organic free trade $7 a bar kind, but i dont do that often, because sometimes i just want to eat wax.
no, i did not know that about jehnny beth! you are the source of all my jehnny beth info. were they very successful? what kind of music? ah i love that video! a most agreeable injection of jehnny beth! i think i like hearing her do slower songs because she has this exquisiteness that just comes out. but i want to report that i've been listening to savages every now and again, and im starting to like them more!
also i want to report that i watched "i knew her well" and it was so good! i really like all the music throughout and i really like that actress. god, she is just so impossibly pretty. and god, the amount of cads she was subjected to! poor thing. she should've just got together with the boxer and worked in his grocery store. that's my conclusion.
no models tonight, because im tired and i feel like i've already gone on too long. next time!

I just heard that turtle song the other day and when I looked it up on You Tube, I saw that someone had made a video for it. I really like it too. It's weird at the end when there's a close up of the turtles face. What an ancient looking creature. Maybe turtles move slow because they've been on this earth for so long and they realize there's no reason to hurry. Turtles are so chill. Yeah, let's be patron saints of turtles.
I've been on a doughnut kick lately. I'll walk to the store and buy just one doughnut. I usually go for chocolate frosting. Sometimes I'll switch it up and buy some ice cream. I'm not vegan either. I can't give up cheese or ice cream. I'll get there one day, but in the meantime pass the cookie dough ice cream. Hey, eat whatever kind of chocolate you like. Are you saying white chocolate is white trash? Haha. I always get chocolate around the holidays and like using it to scoop peanut butter straight out the jar. Natural peanut butter. I'm healthy like that! I heard somewhere, that people crave sweets when they're lacking something sweet in their life. It may be true or it may not be. One things for sure. There's a lot less drama involved when dealing with chocolate or a doughnut. You just eat the damn thing!
I don't know much about John and Jehn, apart from watching a few video's of them. Beware though, Jehny has a very unfortunate haircut in a few of the video's. It's like a bowl cut or something. Thank God she's found her look. I really like how Jehny pronounces her T's as F's. Things become "fings". I also like how she wears shirts with no collars. I had a shirt like that that I really liked and lost to time. I've looked for more, but I usually don't like the style or fabric.
Glad you liked I Knew Her Well. On the back of the DVD, it was called an inversion of La Dolce Vita. I like it better than La Dolce Vita, although it's been awhile since I've seen it. I was a little surprised by the ending of the film. It seemed that she really liked that last guy she was hanging out with. Was she worried that he would just use her to? Was the ending saying that the pimp/ ho mentality of the fashion/ entertainment world will kill you in the end? Kill your spirit? Did she have to many regrets? Ah, their eyes are scheming and their mouths drool. They crave your chocolate dear. Slip through the cracks of their madness. And find there's nothing to fear.

I just heard that turtle song the other day and when I looked it up on You Tube, I saw that someone had made a video for it. I really like it too. It's weird at the end when there's a close up of the turtles face. What an ancient looking creature. Maybe turtles move slow because they've been on this earth for so long and they realize there's no reason to hurry. Turtles are so chill. Yeah, let's be patron saints of turtles.
I've been on a doughnut kick lately. I'll walk to the store and buy just one doughnut. I usually go for chocolate frosting. Sometimes I'll switch it up and buy some ice cream. I'm not vegan either. I can't give up cheese or ice cream. I'll get there one day, but in the meantime pass the cookie dough ice cream. Hey, eat whatever kind of chocolate you like. Are you saying white chocolate is white trash? Haha. I always get chocolate around the holidays and like using it to scoop peanut butter straight out the jar. Natural peanut butter. I'm healthy like that! I heard somewhere, that people crave sweets when they're lacking something sweet in their life. It may be true or it may not be. One things for sure. There's a lot less drama involved when dealing with chocolate or a doughnut. You just eat the damn thing!
I don't know much about John and Jehn, apart from watching a few video's of them. Beware though, Jehny has a very unfortunate haircut in a few of the video's. It's like a bowl cut or something. Thank God she's found her look. I really like how Jehny pronounces her T's as F's. Things become "fings". I also like how she wears shirts with no collars. I had a shirt like that that I really liked and lost to time. I've looked for more, but I usually don't like the style or fabric.
Glad you liked I Knew Her Well. On the back of the DVD, it was called an inversion of La Dolce Vita. I like it better than La Dolce Vita, although it's been awhile since I've seen it. I was a little surprised by the ending of the film. It seemed that she really liked that last guy she was hanging out with. Was she worried that he would just use her to? Was the ending saying that the pimp/ ho mentality of the fashion/ entertainment world will kill you in the end? Kill your spirit? Did she have to many regrets? Ah, their eyes are scheming and their mouths drool. They crave your chocolate dear. Slip through the cracks of their madness. And find there's nothing to fear.
it'd kind of suck being a turtle though. i mean, what do they do all day? and their every movement seems so belaboured. i cant imagine they have much joy in life. frankly, just thinking about it depresses me.
lately i've been on a totally unnecessary halva kick. it's the worst thing, do you know how fattening that shit is? but sooooo good, and unlike with a lot of other fattening things there is at least some nutrition in it. oh thank goodness you're not a vegan (dont tell morrissey i said that!), i was worried youd be judging me. i feel like i want to be, on principal, because i feel like to have any self-respectful you have to do what you know is right whether you want to or not, and i really admire people who do do that, but then on the other hand there's chocolate and ice cream. ho humm.
oh i want to see jehnny's bowl haircut! im sure she looks adorable! jehnny can wear whatever haircut she likes! for myself, i have issues with shirts with no collars; i prefer a collar. i really like mandarin collars, i feel like not enough things have mandarin collars.
yes, i liked it better than la dolce vita too, it was more engaging. i really dont know why she killed herself, although i didnt really find it unexpected, especially after that last humiliation she suffered. i guess you'd have to know why she wanted to become an actress in the first place. there are some people that simply need excitement and glamour in their life, and to be forced to settle or take what they get is like a kind of death for them, but she didnt really seem like that sort. she was more the amused by anything and everything sort--even later on being amused by that cad in the beginning who left her at the hotel without paying--so i really dont see why she couldnt have just removed herself from her unhealthy situation and just got a normal job and been happy. maybe she didnt want to always have to be reliant on people and killing herself was the one autonomous action she could do? or maybe it was just a spur of the moment thing, for someone who liked to live in the moment? i dont know....
anyway, enough of that! model time!
so! for something different, i have decided upon brazilian models, but not without strenuously adding the disclaimer that brazilian models are not generally my preferred models because they tend to do a lot of work that i find a bit crass and that, in my opinion, undermines their beauty. there's too much focus on being overtly sexual or "hot" with them, which i really dont think is the job of a fashion model, whose job is, rather, to embody or evoke different moods or the spirit of the time in which they live, and has nothing at all to do with getting people off. but despite this, there are a few of them that i still find really beautiful, likkkkkeeee:
(is it okay that i make you click on the links? i just dont want to be make this post any more obnoxiously lengthy than it already is)

caroline ribeiro:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9H7f_NTxx...Caroline+Joao+Felipe+Vogue+Brasil+ph+Miro.jpg
http://hifolio.com/media/33/020_copy.jpg
http://www.sitesnobrasil.com/fotos/images/fotos/mulheres/c/caroline-ribeiro13.jpg
http://ilarge.lisimg.com/image/524104/1118full-caroline-ribeiro.jpg

isabeli fontana:
http://rdujour.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Isabeli-Fontana-MANGO2.jpg
http://carolinesmode.com/wp-content/uploads/feber/14/73/181405.jpg
http://www.hola.com/perfiles/isabelifontana/02a.jpg
http://www.magxone.com/uploads/2013/04/Isabeli-Fontana-Glamour-Brazil-9.jpg

daiane conterato:
http://imagesgonerogue.com/images/2012/9/3/daiane-conterato3.jpg
http://imagesgonerogue.com/2010/09/daiane-conterato6.jpg
http://ffblogs.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/4a030acb75_franjas-celebs-daiane.jpg
http://stylepantry.com/wp-content/u...is-for-harpers-bazaar-brazil-april-2014-5.jpg

ana claudia michels:
https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...e-Brasil-Agosto2011-ph-Franco-Amendola-04.jpg
http://revistadonna.clicrbs.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/colagemanac1.jpg
http://www.designerzcentral.com/images/models/127/Ana_Claudia_Michels_gallery_1.jpg
http://66.media.tumblr.com/6f80b592b9c3d4e8794b53643ce228b1/tumblr_ns3i9eUQMF1ttclcyo1_540.jpg

gisele too, but no point in posting pictures of her, as i think we're a bit all overly familiar with her at this point.

turtles and fings ....

one of M's favorites! :)

Fank you. Never heard of Max Bygraves. Funny record. Good to know that Moz likes it too. Damn, I've never heard that Can song either. Really love that one. I like how Damo says "regs" instead of "legs".
I'll definitely be tracking that one down.

it'd kind of suck being a turtle though. i mean, what do they do all day? and their every movement seems so belaboured. i cant imagine they have much joy in life. frankly, just thinking about it depresses me.
lately i've been on a totally unnecessary halva kick. it's the worst thing, do you know how fattening that shit is? but sooooo good, and unlike with a lot of other fattening things there is at least some nutrition in it. oh thank goodness you're not a vegan (dont tell morrissey i said that!), i was worried youd be judging me. i feel like i want to be, on principal, because i feel like to have any self-respectful you have to do what you know is right whether you want to or not, and i really admire people who do do that, but then on the other hand there's chocolate and ice cream. ho humm.
oh i want to see jehnny's bowl haircut! im sure she looks adorable! jehnny can wear whatever haircut she likes! for myself, i have issues with shirts with no collars; i prefer a collar. i really like mandarin collars, i feel like not enough things have mandarin collars.
yes, i liked it better than la dolce vita too, it was more engaging. i really dont know why she killed herself, although i didnt really find it unexpected, especially after that last humiliation she suffered. i guess you'd have to know why she wanted to become an actress in the first place. there are some people that simply need excitement and glamour in their life, and to be forced to settle or take what they get is like a kind of death for them, but she didnt really seem like that sort. she was more the amused by anything and everything sort--even later on being amused by that cad in the beginning who left her at the hotel without paying--so i really dont see why she couldnt have just removed herself from her unhealthy situation and just got a normal job and been happy. maybe she didnt want to always have to be reliant on people and killing herself was the one autonomous action she could do? or maybe it was just a spur of the moment thing, for someone who liked to live in the moment? i dont know....
anyway, enough of that! model time!
so! for something different, i have decided upon brazilian models, but not without strenuously adding the disclaimer that brazilian models are not generally my preferred models because they tend to do a lot of work that i find a bit crass and that, in my opinion, undermines their beauty. there's too much focus on being overtly sexual or "hot" with them, which i really dont think is the job of a fashion model, whose job is, rather, to embody or evoke different moods or the spirit of the time in which they live, and has nothing at all to do with getting people off. but despite this, there are a few of them that i still find really beautiful, likkkkkeeee:
(is it okay that i make you click on the links? i just dont want to be make this post any more obnoxiously lengthy than it already is)

caroline ribeiro:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9H7f_NTxx...Caroline+Joao+Felipe+Vogue+Brasil+ph+Miro.jpg
http://hifolio.com/media/33/020_copy.jpg
http://www.sitesnobrasil.com/fotos/images/fotos/mulheres/c/caroline-ribeiro13.jpg
http://ilarge.lisimg.com/image/524104/1118full-caroline-ribeiro.jpg

isabeli fontana:
http://rdujour.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Isabeli-Fontana-MANGO2.jpg
http://carolinesmode.com/wp-content/uploads/feber/14/73/181405.jpg
http://www.hola.com/perfiles/isabelifontana/02a.jpg
http://www.magxone.com/uploads/2013/04/Isabeli-Fontana-Glamour-Brazil-9.jpg

daiane conterato:
http://imagesgonerogue.com/images/2012/9/3/daiane-conterato3.jpg
http://imagesgonerogue.com/2010/09/daiane-conterato6.jpg
http://ffblogs.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/4a030acb75_franjas-celebs-daiane.jpg
http://stylepantry.com/wp-content/u...is-for-harpers-bazaar-brazil-april-2014-5.jpg

ana claudia michels:
https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...e-Brasil-Agosto2011-ph-Franco-Amendola-04.jpg
http://revistadonna.clicrbs.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/colagemanac1.jpg
http://www.designerzcentral.com/images/models/127/Ana_Claudia_Michels_gallery_1.jpg
http://66.media.tumblr.com/6f80b592b9c3d4e8794b53643ce228b1/tumblr_ns3i9eUQMF1ttclcyo1_540.jpg

gisele too, but no point in posting pictures of her, as i think we're a bit all overly familiar with her at this point.

Well turtles don't have to pay rent. They always have a roof to sleep under. That's pretty cool. Also, don't lump all turtles together. What about sea turtles? They get to swim around the ocean all day. It's not always a dismal life.
Now I want some halva. I haven't had a lot of it, but it's good. I actually don't even know where I can get any at the moment. I want to find out just how fattening halva is for myself! I don't think Moz would be upset that you're not vegan. I've heard him say that people should take it slowly. Turtle slowly in my case. Actually, last night I had dinner at my sister's and for desert, she served some vegan chocolate. It was kind of like a vegan snickers bar. Very good.
I don't know, I'm kind of getting mixed signals from you on this collar issue. Is there really much difference between a mandarin collar and no collar? It's almost the same thing. I like both, as long as it's the right shirt.
I think I figured out why the gal in I Knew Her Well killed herself. It was a impulse decision. The life she was living was based on impulse. She cancelled plans when something she liked better came along. She ran off with random men. She switched train routes at the last minute. She felt like killing herself and just did it. There certainly was plenty of foreshadowing about jumping off the balcony, but the way she did it was very impulsive. She was in a ill mood and just did it. Well that's my theory.
I have to admit that the first thing that comes to mind about a Brazilian model, is an image of "commercial sexy", which make your selections all the more enjoyable. I like the idea of a model being used to evoke a mood. It's an intriguing idea and a view I've never considered. Not that I've given it much thought in the past, but that's why I enjoy discussing the subject. Well anyways, here's my ideas of the mood each model is evoking. I see Caroline as evoking intelligence and class. Not high society class, but a kind of decency and being well mannered. I see Isabeli as evoking a natural beauty. She likes to be fashionable, but not over the top. Style and fun and comfort. Daiane evokes a belief in oneself. She's not concerned with how others view her. An sense of depth. She takes time to know. Ana Claudia evokes many moods. Fun, trendy, girly-girl, sexy. Anything of my observations ring true?
Yes, I do enjoy the links you post. Part of the fun is clicking on each one and seeing what you picked.
Well, you asked for it and you got it. Not crazy about this haircut. Was she inspired by Moe from the Three Stooges? Haha.

Well turtles don't have to pay rent. They always have a roof to sleep under. That's pretty cool. Also, don't lump all turtles together. What about sea turtles? They get to swim around the ocean all day. It's not always a dismal life.
Now I want some halva. I haven't had a lot of it, but it's good. I actually don't even know where I can get any at the moment. I want to find out just how fattening halva is for myself! I don't think Moz would be upset that you're not vegan. I've heard him say that people should take it slowly. Turtle slowly in my case. Actually, last night I had dinner at my sister's and for desert, she served some vegan chocolate. It was kind of like a vegan snickers bar. Very good.
I don't know, I'm kind of getting mixed signals from you on this collar issue. Is there really much difference between a mandarin collar and no collar? It's almost the same thing. I like both, as long as it's the right shirt.
I think I figured out why the gal in I Knew Her Well killed herself. It was a impulse decision. The life she was living was based on impulse. She cancelled plans when something she liked better came along. She ran off with random men. She switched train routes at the last minute. She felt like killing herself and just did it. There certainly was plenty of foreshadowing about jumping off the balcony, but the way she did it was very impulsive. She was in a ill mood and just did it. Well that's my theory.
I have to admit that the first thing that comes to mind about a Brazilian model, is an image of "commercial sexy", which make your selections all the more enjoyable. I like the idea of a model being used to evoke a mood. It's an intriguing idea and a view I've never considered. Not that I've given it much thought in the past, but that's why I enjoy discussing the subject. Well anyways, here's my ideas of the mood each model is evoking. I see Caroline as evoking intelligence and class. Not high society class, but a kind of decency and being well mannered. I see Isabeli as evoking a natural beauty. She likes to be fashionable, but not over the top. Style and fun and comfort. Daiane evokes a belief in oneself. She's not concerned with how others view her. An sense of depth. She takes time to know. Ana Claudia evokes many moods. Fun, trendy, girly-girl, sexy. Anything of my observations ring true?
Yes, I do enjoy the links you post. Part of the fun is clicking on each one and seeing what you picked.
Well, you asked for it and you got it. Not crazy about this haircut. Was she inspired by Moe from the Three Stooges? Haha.

i like it! she looks like a modern day louise brooks! of course i like her style now better, but the fact is, jehnny can do no wrong. oh how i adore her. i dont even know why other than like, she's amazing. but i cant seem to pinpoint why, and usually i can. it's a puzzle.
i would say you're spot on with your observations about the models; i think the same about them. but you didnt choose a favourite and that's what makes it fun! based on purely physical beauty i would say ana claudia is my favourite because i love her eyes and hair. but based on the themes they embody, then my favourite has to be daiane. i love her soulful soft eyes nestled into those severe stern bones. she reminds me a bit of charlotte gainsbourg or a jewish girl.
oh yes, i think that's really the most important thing about models, and that's why i like them really, is their ability to evoke mood or feeling. because im sure it seems like a really shallow useless interest but i really dont think it is (well i suppose it might be useless). it's not the same as liking the kardashians or anything like that. it's definitely an art. i love looking at the photos in editorials where everything is just right, the lighting, the background, and of course the models and the clothes-- how that one picture creates an entire world. and when you look at pictures of, say, jean shrimpton on the streets of london in the 60's it's almost like you know what it must have felt like to live back then.
ill have you know, there is a big difference between a mandarin collar and no collar! the mandarin collar demarcates the very important point at which the neck distinguishes itself from the shoulders. also--essentially--they remind me of equestrienne wear. i dont know, i suppose collarless shirts are okay too. like you said it depends on the shirt.
some of those vegan deserts are actually okay. i really like some vegan food. there's this buddhist restaurant here which is amazing and i especially like it because they dont put onions or chives or garlic in their food, which pleases me as i pretty much have the palate of a four year old (apparently, buddhists dont eat those things because they ignite earthly passions or somesuch. i always knew i had a buddhist in me). i would try a health food store or a middle eastern shop for halva. they sell it everywhere here. it's almost always an impulse buy for me, and the impulse never fails. halva is almost vegan! i mean, it's got honey in it, i think, but to have restrictions against honey is just ridiculous. if bees didnt make honey what the hell would they do? they'd be as useless and depressing as turtles.
as for i knew her well, i think you've got it. it's the only thing that makes sense. very clever of you. i wonder if my grandma would say that that kind of being present in the moment is a good thing (sorry, let's dont talk about my grandma :p )
i think i shall watch stroszek tomorrow!

Last edited:
i like it! she looks like a modern day louise brooks! of course i like her style now better, but the fact is, jehnny can do no wrong. oh how i adore her. i dont even know why other than like, she's amazing. but i cant seem to pinpoint why, and usually i can. it's a puzzle.
i would say you're spot on with your observations about the models; i think the same about them. but you didnt choose a favourite and that's what makes it fun! based on purely physical beauty i would say ana claudia is my favourite because i love her eyes and hair. but based on the themes they embody, then my favourite has to be daiane. i love her soulful soft eyes nestled into those severe stern bones. she reminds me a bit of charlotte gainsbourg or a jewish girl.
oh yes, i think that's really the most important thing about models, and that's why i like them really, is their ability to evoke mood or feeling. because im sure it seems like a really shallow useless interest but i really dont think it is (well i suppose it might be useless). it's not the same as liking the kardashians or anything like that. it's definitely an art. i love looking at the photos in editorials where everything is just right, the lighting, the background, and of course the models and the clothes-- how that one picture creates an entire world. and when you look at pictures of, say, jean shrimpton on the streets of london in the 60's it's almost like you know what it must have felt like to live back then.
ill have you know, there is a big difference between a mandarin collar and no collar! the mandarin collar demarcates the very important point at which the neck distinguishes itself from the shoulders. also--essentially--they remind me of equestrienne wear. i dont know, i suppose collarless shirts are okay too. like you said it depends on the shirt.
some of those vegan deserts are actually okay. i really like some vegan food. there's this buddhist restaurant here which is amazing and i especially like it because they dont put onions or chives or garlic in their food, which pleases me as i pretty much have the palate of a four year old (apparently, buddhists dont eat those things because they ignite earthly passions or somesuch. i always knew i had a buddhist in me). i would try a health food store or a middle eastern shop for halva. they sell it everywhere here. it's almost always an impulse buy for me, and the impulse never fails. halva is almost vegan! i mean, it's got honey in it, i think, but to have restrictions against honey is just ridiculous. if bees didnt make honey what the hell would they do? they'd be as useless and depressing as turtles.
as for i knew her well, i think you've got it. it's the only thing that makes sense. very clever of you. i wonder if my grandma would say that that kind of being present in the moment is a good thing (sorry, let's dont talk about my grandma :p )
i think i shall watch stroszek tomorrow!

You're right, I never did choose a favorite. I was to busy trying to understand about evoking a mood. Well, my favorite would be Isabeli in the black dress. People who wear all black are awesome. Did you notice how she added a hint of color with her purse and scarf? I also like the outfit that Ana Claudia is wearing in the first picture. I think the coolest would have to be the second picture of Diaine, where she's leaning on the wall. I like the first picture of Caroline, but the kid kind of ruins it. Still, maybe the kid is their to evoke a nurturing mood. Once again, I really enjoyed it. I like the idea of evoking a mood. It's kind of like looking at a painting. Learning to go beneath the surface. Resisting the easy first impression and exploring the expression. It's not useless to me. You've really been teaching me about different views of beauty. I look forward to the next one.
I think when I say no collar, I'm talking about a mandarin collar. At least, that was the kind of collar on the shirt I liked. Well, it's the kind of collar that Jehnny was wearing in that Wild One video. As for her haircut, I'm sorry but I'm not a big fan of the "Friar Tuck". Still, she is beautiful and allowed to experiment when she wants. It's just that the look she has now is so amazing. I also think her style reflects the music she was making. The John and Jehn stuff was kind of ok. It's like she wasn't quite there yet. She was working things out. Even lyric wise. Then she got to Savages and Bam! Everything just came together. Her persona, her style, her presence, her lyrics.
You know, I never realized that vegans didn't eat honey. That is strange. Did you know that honey is the most preservable food? They've found honey in mummy tombs in Egypt that hadn't spoiled. It was dried up and brittle, but it was still edible. It's like a ancient food. Like dates and figs. Not sure I would ever want to give it up. It's not like I eat a ton o'honey, but still.
Well it's official. I'm on a quest for halva. Let's hope a great taste awaits.

It was only released as a single to promote the Tago Mago record.

Which of course is a classic album that everyone should own.
And Ege Bamyasi, but also the Soundtracks record which is a collection, but the first song on there 'Deadlock' blows my mind every time,amazing song.

Yes !, 'regs' ! :lbf: :turtle:

I did find the turtle song on a collection called Cannibalism 2. I do like Ege Bamyasi, but I've never heard the Soundtracks. Something tells me I'll be listening to a lot more Can.

You're right, I never did choose a favorite. I was to busy trying to understand about evoking a mood. Well, my favorite would be Isabeli in the black dress. People who wear all black are awesome. Did you notice how she added a hint of color with her purse and scarf? I also like the outfit that Ana Claudia is wearing in the first picture. I think the coolest would have to be the second picture of Diaine, where she's leaning on the wall. I like the first picture of Caroline, but the kid kind of ruins it. Still, maybe the kid is their to evoke a nurturing mood. Once again, I really enjoyed it. I like the idea of evoking a mood. It's kind of like looking at a painting. Learning to go beneath the surface. Resisting the easy first impression and exploring the expression. It's not useless to me. You've really been teaching me about different views of beauty. I look forward to the next one.
I think when I say no collar, I'm talking about a mandarin collar. At least, that was the kind of collar on the shirt I liked. Well, it's the kind of collar that Jehnny was wearing in that Wild One video. As for her haircut, I'm sorry but I'm not a big fan of the "Friar Tuck". Still, she is beautiful and allowed to experiment when she wants. It's just that the look she has now is so amazing. I also think her style reflects the music she was making. The John and Jehn stuff was kind of ok. It's like she wasn't quite there yet. She was working things out. Even lyric wise. Then she got to Savages and Bam! Everything just came together. Her persona, her style, her presence, her lyrics.
You know, I never realized that vegans didn't eat honey. That is strange. Did you know that honey is the most preservable food? They've found honey in mummy tombs in Egypt that hadn't spoiled. It was dried up and brittle, but it was still edible. It's like a ancient food. Like dates and figs. Not sure I would ever want to give it up. It's not like I eat a ton o'honey, but still.
Well it's official. I'm on a quest for halva. Let's hope a great taste awaits.
oh my gosh, you are right. that IS a mandarin collar jehnny is wearing. of course i watched the video but i didnt notice her shirt, and when you said collarless shirt i just assumed i knew what you were talking about--bit boorish, of me, i must say. i had picture it as a kind of blouse with a round neckline, but it actually is a mandarin collar. so we are in agreement about collars then, yay! collar twins! in general i do prefer a mandarin collar that is a bit higher, however.
oh so i watched stroszek! oh man, so brilliant! i loved everything about it! it was so hilarious. and bruno is the cutest dearest little thing, and i loved eva with her wagnerian maidens face. every single detail was ingenious. the dancing chicken ending was really perfect; what ending could possibly have been better?
haha yeah kids always ruin things. i like the picture of isabeli too, she exudes an earthy warmth. and yeah, all black is really the best look. i dont like purses though. i could never carry a purse.
i did not know that honey is the most preservable food. how enlightening! i had always thought it was cheese, because i remember reading about cheese also being found in some ancient grave and it still being edible. forgive me, but that's disgusting. i think i'd take the honey over the cheese. yeah, vegans are weird. talk about setting impossible standards. so many i know, whenever i ask them why they do it, are quick to say "it's not because of animals..." and it's like "what?!". what better reason to do it? i think some of them just get off on being purer than everyone else.
i hope you find your halva! i actually ate some today. i was on day seven of a water (and coffee! haha) fast and i wanted halva so much after we had talked about it so i broke down and ate some. totally wasnt worth it. i had such a nice fasters high going too. now i want to sob. also during fasting something weird happened to my eyelids. i have these weird folds in them and the skin just all of a sudden became wrinkled and droopy. it's really f***ing upsetting, and it doesnt seem like it's going to go away. i have no idea how this could have happened and i wonder if it's connected with the eye pain i had before. great, now i have to kill myself (just kidding). but seriously what the f***? the universe hates me, that's all there is to it. sigh.
sorry, i cant think of anything interesting to say, too depressed. more models and such when i stop being a sad sack. :p

Soundtracks is a collection of songs used in films. Some songs with Damo and some with their first singer Malcolm Mooney.

But the best are Tago Mago, Bamyasi, and the last one with Damo FUTURE DAYS ... which is just the perfect music to accompany your summer daydreaming. :D

though to add... the collection Unlimited Edition with it's strange out takes and jams and the album after (?) Future Days called
Soon Over Babaluma has some nice things on it also.

I really need to spend more time daydreaming, so I think I'll check out FUTURE DAYS next. I have been enjoying Cannibalism 2, but now I have so many more great suggestions to explore.

oh my gosh, you are right. that IS a mandarin collar jehnny is wearing. of course i watched the video but i didnt notice her shirt, and when you said collarless shirt i just assumed i knew what you were talking about--bit boorish, of me, i must say. i had picture it as a kind of blouse with a round neckline, but it actually is a mandarin collar. so we are in agreement about collars then, yay! collar twins! in general i do prefer a mandarin collar that is a bit higher, however.
oh so i watched stroszek! oh man, so brilliant! i loved everything about it! it was so hilarious. and bruno is the cutest dearest little thing, and i loved eva with her wagnerian maidens face. every single detail was ingenious. the dancing chicken ending was really perfect; what ending could possibly have been better?
haha yeah kids always ruin things. i like the picture of isabeli too, she exudes an earthy warmth. and yeah, all black is really the best look. i dont like purses though. i could never carry a purse.
i did not know that honey is the most preservable food. how enlightening! i had always thought it was cheese, because i remember reading about cheese also being found in some ancient grave and it still being edible. forgive me, but that's disgusting. i think i'd take the honey over the cheese. yeah, vegans are weird. talk about setting impossible standards. so many i know, whenever i ask them why they do it, are quick to say "it's not because of animals..." and it's like "what?!". what better reason to do it? i think some of them just get off on being purer than everyone else.
i hope you find your halva! i actually ate some today. i was on day seven of a water (and coffee! haha) fast and i wanted halva so much after we had talked about it so i broke down and ate some. totally wasnt worth it. i had such a nice fasters high going too. now i want to sob. also during fasting something weird happened to my eyelids. i have these weird folds in them and the skin just all of a sudden became wrinkled and droopy. it's really f***ing upsetting, and it doesnt seem like it's going to go away. i have no idea how this could have happened and i wonder if it's connected with the eye pain i had before. great, now i have to kill myself (just kidding). but seriously what the f***? the universe hates me, that's all there is to it. sigh.
sorry, i cant think of anything interesting to say, too depressed. more models and such when i stop being a sad sack. :p

I knew it. I knew that if we just discussed this collar quagmire, we could come to an understanding. I really feel this mix-up has been my doing due to my ignorance in terminology. I never knew it was called a mandarin collar. Now I do and it turns out that we're collar twins. Guess what? I could never carry a purse either, so it turns out we're purse twins too! Wait a minute. Hmm.
Stroszek is a funny movie. I read somewhere that Werner Herzog was driving through Wisconsin and his car broke down in that town and he decided it would make a great location for a movie. The mechanic who plays Bruno's boss, was the mechanic that helped out Werner. One scene that was really amazing to me, was when Bruno was in the hospital in Germany and that doctor held up the premature baby. I can't believe he was allowed to film something like that. Could you believe a hospital allowing something like that nowadays? The dancing chicken really was a great ending. So many films lack a great ending. Why not just use a dancing chicken. Or bunnies in mini automobiles. Or a dog riding on a turtles back. Still, the dancing chicken was a perfect summation to Bruno's crazy journey and perhaps the journey of life itself.
I've only been a vegetarian for five years. I tried it years ago, but only lasted about two years. This time I'm sticking with it. It happened that when I first started doing acupuncture, my body and spirit informed me to stop eating meat. It just happened after a vision I had during a session. I lost all taste for meat and realized that the same life force that exists in me, exists in animals also. It was really just a first step, but that's what happened.
Oh my, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your eyelids. Surely there's some kind of cream you can apply. Or maybe one of those masks that people wear when they sleep. I do know that orange vegetables are good for the eyes. That's why bunnies love carrots. I don't think the universe hates you. Have you been talking to astrology guy lately or something? Haha.

I knew it. I knew that if we just discussed this collar quagmire, we could come to an understanding. I really feel this mix-up has been my doing due to my ignorance in terminology. I never knew it was called a mandarin collar. Now I do and it turns out that we're collar twins. Guess what? I could never carry a purse either, so it turns out we're purse twins too! Wait a minute. Hmm.
Stroszek is a funny movie. I read somewhere that Werner Herzog was driving through Wisconsin and his car broke down in that town and he decided it would make a great location for a movie. The mechanic who plays Bruno's boss, was the mechanic that helped out Werner. One scene that was really amazing to me, was when Bruno was in the hospital in Germany and that doctor held up the premature baby. I can't believe he was allowed to film something like that. Could you believe a hospital allowing something like that nowadays? The dancing chicken really was a great ending. So many films lack a great ending. Why not just use a dancing chicken. Or bunnies in mini automobiles. Or a dog riding on a turtles back. Still, the dancing chicken was a perfect summation to Bruno's crazy journey and perhaps the journey of life itself.
I've only been a vegetarian for five years. I tried it years ago, but only lasted about two years. This time I'm sticking with it. It happened that when I first started doing acupuncture, my body and spirit informed me to stop eating meat. It just happened after a vision I had during a session. I lost all taste for meat and realized that the same life force that exists in me, exists in animals also. It was really just a first step, but that's what happened.
Oh my, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your eyelids. Surely there's some kind of cream you can apply. Or maybe one of those masks that people wear when they sleep. I do know that orange vegetables are good for the eyes. That's why bunnies love carrots. I don't think the universe hates you. Have you been talking to astrology guy lately or something? Haha.
:crazy:One flew over the cuckoo's nest

haha oh no, astrology guy shuns me now, it's very comical. he thinks he's really showing me, lol. although i bet that if asked he would indeed say that the universe hates me, or that i at least have some sort of negative energy, but that would just be sulkiness on his part because i wasnt interested in his stupid theories or hearing about what tv show he was watching (do you believe in astrology? because i wouldnt like to be insulting you by any of this). ugh, i wont go on about my eyelids to you. you're too nice to bore to death. i'll save that for the other people on this forum :p
whew, im so glad we got the collar thing sorted. i wouldnt want to think there might be any rift in our conversation due to unresolved collar issues. but i must own that the fault is all mine, i really should have noticed what kind of shirt jehnny was wearing. that'll teach me to be more observant. purse twins, too?! go figure! :p
i know! i was incredulous watching that scene as well, and had to wonder if it was a real baby or some sort of movie magic. it kind of grossed me out though, all that wrinkly skin (and now i have my own wrinkly skin *sob sob*). i really liked the character of bruno, there was something so funny about him, like the scene where he was playing the accordion and singing in the street, and even seeing him just sitting there in his cowboy hat made me want to laugh. now i really want to see a werner herzog movie where bunnies ride around in automobiles. perhaps we should send him that suggestion? maybe he'll like it so much he'll gives us jobs! i find movies, as well as books, take themselves too seriously with their cheesy dramatic endings. i mean events in life dont really have neat succinct little endings the way they do in films, life just goes on and on, like the dancing chicken.
i think that's great that you had an experience that inspired such conviction. i think the decision to stop eating meat really should be made on a spiritual level. i can sort of understand, see when i first got into morrissey i felt a sort of spiritual revival that is hard to explain, like my awareness was increased and i was brought into contact with my own spirit. but that's sort of faded, which is sad. i was happiest like that, i thought i could change and be one of those people that really cares about things. i've never made any commitment to vegetarianism but i try not to eat meat which is fairly easy for me because i dont cook (and because i only like sweet things!). but i have to admit i eat clams. straight out of the can, in accordance with my hobo ways. not because i like them, but because they're the most healthy food around, full of iron and protein and b12 and selenium and magnesium and potassium (plus one can find all sorts of interesting things in the cans like bits of shell and net and the occasional milk white baby crab, just like being at seeeaaaa). for me its the easiest way to get all of that. i have a hard time believing clams care whether they're living or dead. although i would like to get to the point where i just eat like rice and spinach everyday and nothing else. just something simple like that. that last fast i really thought i could, i was feeling so f***ing great and bodhisattva-ish, food had become a complete non-issue. then i ruined it :( on a side note, what do you think about leather?

haha oh no, astrology guy shuns me now, it's very comical. he thinks he's really showing me, lol. although i bet that if asked he would indeed say that the universe hates me, or that i at least have some sort of negative energy, but that would just be sulkiness on his part because i wasnt interested in his stupid theories or hearing about what tv show he was watching (do you believe in astrology? because i wouldnt like to be insulting you by any of this). ugh, i wont go on about my eyelids to you. you're too nice to bore to death. i'll save that for the other people on this forum :p
whew, im so glad we got the collar thing sorted. i wouldnt want to think there might be any rift in our conversation due to unresolved collar issues. but i must own that the fault is all mine, i really should have noticed what kind of shirt jehnny was wearing. that'll teach me to be more observant. purse twins, too?! go figure! :p
i know! i was incredulous watching that scene as well, and had to wonder if it was a real baby or some sort of movie magic. it kind of grossed me out though, all that wrinkly skin (and now i have my own wrinkly skin *sob sob*). i really liked the character of bruno, there was something so funny about him, like the scene where he was playing the accordion and singing in the street, and even seeing him just sitting there in his cowboy hat made me want to laugh. now i really want to see a werner herzog movie where bunnies ride around in automobiles. perhaps we should send him that suggestion? maybe he'll like it so much he'll gives us jobs! i find movies, as well as books, take themselves too seriously with their cheesy dramatic endings. i mean events in life dont really have neat succinct little endings the way they do in films, life just goes on and on, like the dancing chicken.
i think that's great that you had an experience that inspired such conviction. i think the decision to stop eating meat really should be made on a spiritual level. i can sort of understand, see when i first got into morrissey i felt a sort of spiritual revival that is hard to explain, like my awareness was increased and i was brought into contact with my own spirit. but that's sort of faded, which is sad. i was happiest like that, i thought i could change and be one of those people that really cares about things. i've never made any commitment to vegetarianism but i try not to eat meat which is fairly easy for me because i dont cook (and because i only like sweet things!). but i have to admit i eat clams. straight out of the can, in accordance with my hobo ways. not because i like them, but because they're the most healthy food around, full of iron and protein and b12 and selenium and magnesium and potassium (plus one can find all sorts of interesting things in the cans like bits of shell and net and the occasional milk white baby crab, just like being at seeeaaaa). for me its the easiest way to get all of that. i have a hard time believing clams care whether they're living or dead. although i would like to get to the point where i just eat like rice and spinach everyday and nothing else. just something simple like that. that last fast i really thought i could, i was feeling so f***ing great and bodhisattva-ish, food had become a complete non-issue. then i ruined it :( on a side note, what do you think about leather?

I really don't know much about Astrology. Can't say if I believe it or not. You see I've never really studied it at all. However, if it turns people into drips like this one guy you've mentioned, then no thank you.
If you need to talk about your eyelids, then by all means do so. Especially if it helps release some of the stress that this is causing you. Unfortunately I always make the mistake of offering advice or suggestions.
Well, I think my revelation is in some ways limited to my comprehension. For instance, I've stated that I all of a sudden stopped eating meat. Which is true, but only according to what my idea of not eating meat is. You see, on the rare occasion I will still eat fish. I also do consume oysters on the half shell. Even something like a Caesar Salad, is prepared with some kind of fish sauce. So I feel like I'm moving in a direction, but I do recognize the contradiction. Hey, I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Leather is another subject. It's taken me awhile to consider that I should think more about wearing leather. I'm not going to throw out some of the boots and shoes that I own, but I've decided that any new boots and shoes I purchase won't be leather. One thing I've noticed though, is that most vegan men's boots aren't very attractive and at the same time kind of expensive. Even something like a leather belt. Next time I buy a belt, it won't be leather. I'm certainly no one's judge, so I only speak for myself.
Ready to be bored with another movie I've seen? To bad, I'm going to bore you anyway! I recently saw a film called La Grande Bellezza (The Great Beauty). It's a newer Italian film and is certainly very influenced by Fellini. It's odd, but I fluctuated between liking it and half liking it, but then kept thinking about it afterwards. I may even watch it again. It's about a aging novelist/ journalist living in Rome and running in the circles of high society. It's commenting on excess and time and the absurdity of everything and age and beauty and art and religion. There's one character towards the end, called The Saint, who is a obvious reference to Mother Theresa. She's like 100 years old and only eats roots, because as she states "roots are important". There's a scene with her involving birds, that's really pretty cool. So, I don't know. You may like it.
Well, it's Sunday. How about a bit of Dame Joan Sutherland. She's one of Bunncinni's favs:

I really don't know much about Astrology. Can't say if I believe it or not. You see I've never really studied it at all. However, if it turns people into drips like this one guy you've mentioned, then no thank you.
If you need to talk about your eyelids, then by all means do so. Especially if it helps release some of the stress that this is causing you. Unfortunately I always make the mistake of offering advice or suggestions.
Well, I think my revelation is in some ways limited to my comprehension. For instance, I've stated that I all of a sudden stopped eating meat. Which is true, but only according to what my idea of not eating meat is. You see, on the rare occasion I will still eat fish. I also do consume oysters on the half shell. Even something like a Caesar Salad, is prepared with some kind of fish sauce. So I feel like I'm moving in a direction, but I do recognize the contradiction. Hey, I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Leather is another subject. It's taken me awhile to consider that I should think more about wearing leather. I'm not going to throw out some of the boots and shoes that I own, but I've decided that any new boots and shoes I purchase won't be leather. One thing I've noticed though, is that most vegan men's boots aren't very attractive and at the same time kind of expensive. Even something like a leather belt. Next time I buy a belt, it won't be leather. I'm certainly no one's judge, so I only speak for myself.
Ready to be bored with another movie I've seen? To bad, I'm going to bore you anyway! I recently saw a film called La Grande Bellezza (The Great Beauty). It's a newer Italian film and is certainly very influenced by Fellini. It's odd, but I fluctuated between liking it and half liking it, but then kept thinking about it afterwards. I may even watch it again. It's about a aging novelist/ journalist living in Rome and running in the circles of high society. It's commenting on excess and time and the absurdity of everything and age and beauty and art and religion. There's one character towards the end, called The Saint, who is a obvious reference to Mother Theresa. She's like 100 years old and only eats roots, because as she states "roots are important". There's a scene with her involving birds, that's really pretty cool. So, I don't know. You may like it.
Well, it's Sunday. How about a bit of Dame Joan Sutherland. She's one of Bunncinni's favs:

waaahh the video doesnt work! i looked up 'joan sutherland bellini o rendetemi...." though and listened to that. nice selection! how did bunncini decide upon that? ( and how is bunncini?! i trust he is highly consumed in opera life?)
well okay! ill whine about my eyelids a bit! and advice and suggestions are always appreciated but i really feel in my case there's nothing to be done short of surgery. i mean, it's not a severe problem. no one who hasnt known me for a long time would likely notice (though people do notice when i point it out, so it's not all in my head). it's just that when i raise my eyebrows and then lower them, until i blink there's this weird sort of double fold in my eyelids, and the lid around the lashes is also creased, like the skin isnt draping properly, or instead of following the curve of my eyeball it kind of just hangs sludgily between my eyebrow and eye (also it feels heavy on my eye). like i said it's not extremely noticeable, and lots of people have eyelids like this, so it's not a huge deal. but what is a big deal, and what makes me sad and worried, and has unsettled my rather delicate equilibrium, is how quickly it happened--literally less than a week (sigh, i'm so jealous of that ten days ago me, whose only problem was if my pants would be too tight if i ate that block of halva). i think i know what caused it though. i have always had slight recurring edema in my eyelids (it's not noticeable, it's just one day my eyelids will look a light bit puffy and the next theyll look more hollow. im not really sure why this is but it's just something ive always had and it's never bothered me). well i was reading about it and apparetnly that can cause the muscle to weaken, so maybe that's what happened. although that's the sort of thing i would expect to happen over time, not all of a sudden. unless i have a brain tumour or some sort of muscle disease that's going to spread. oh god. terror.
okay, im done! that's all i will talk about my eyelids (i've already talked to everyone at work about it to the point where they probably think im a basketcase or are probably thinking to themselves "honey you've got a lot more to worry about than your eyelids" :D )
what else....
are you enjoying your summer?
oh your movie suggestion sounds great! they always are! ive noticed it on netflix but i didnt know whether i should give it a chance or not, so now i definitely will, and i will let you know what i think!
i wish i could think of something interesting to say instead of just whining, but eh, it's sunday.
heres another good song for a sunday, with the lovely anna netrebko. i hope it will meet with bunncini's approval!

waaahh the video doesnt work! i looked up 'joan sutherland bellini o rendetemi...." though and listened to that. nice selection! how did bunncini decide upon that? ( and how is bunncini?! i trust he is highly consumed in opera life?)
well okay! ill whine about my eyelids a bit! and advice and suggestions are always appreciated but i really feel in my case there's nothing to be done short of surgery. i mean, it's not a severe problem. no one who hasnt known me for a long time would likely notice (though people do notice when i point it out, so it's not all in my head). it's just that when i raise my eyebrows and then lower them, until i blink there's this weird sort of double fold in my eyelids, and the lid around the lashes is also creased, like the skin isnt draping properly, or instead of following the curve of my eyeball it kind of just hangs sludgily between my eyebrow and eye (also it feels heavy on my eye). like i said it's not extremely noticeable, and lots of people have eyelids like this, so it's not a huge deal. but what is a big deal, and what makes me sad and worried, and has unsettled my rather delicate equilibrium, is how quickly it happened--literally less than a week (sigh, i'm so jealous of that ten days ago me, whose only problem was if my pants would be too tight if i ate that block of halva). i think i know what caused it though. i have always had slight recurring edema in my eyelids (it's not noticeable, it's just one day my eyelids will look a light bit puffy and the next theyll look more hollow. im not really sure why this is but it's just something ive always had and it's never bothered me). well i was reading about it and apparetnly that can cause the muscle to weaken, so maybe that's what happened. although that's the sort of thing i would expect to happen over time, not all of a sudden. unless i have a brain tumour or some sort of muscle disease that's going to spread. oh god. terror.
okay, im done! that's all i will talk about my eyelids (i've already talked to everyone at work about it to the point where they probably think im a basketcase or are probably thinking to themselves "honey you've got a lot more to worry about than your eyelids" :D )
what else....
are you enjoying your summer?
oh your movie suggestion sounds great! they always are! ive noticed it on netflix but i didnt know whether i should give it a chance or not, so now i definitely will, and i will let you know what i think!
i wish i could think of something interesting to say instead of just whining, but eh, it's sunday.
heres another good song for a sunday, with the lovely anna netrebko. i hope it will meet with bunncini's approval!

Well, Bunncini is Bunncini. He just is. There's a real zen quality to him. Guess what? Now he's a fan of Anna Netrebko and Elina Garanca. It's really beautiful to hear them sing together like that. Especially the part at the end. Very delicate and uplifting. The way they glance at each other. Voices in union.
Well my summer's be enjoyable so far. And yours? There's really been a nice stretch of warm and hot weather. The other day I was out walking, as the wind blew directly at me. It was the kind of wind that was almost strong enough to push me back, but not quite. I held my arms out slightly to the side, with my palms facing forward. It felt like swimming in wind. Cool lake wind on a slightly hot day. A simple thing, but very enjoyable.
I hope you like The Great Beauty. There's just something about it that I found unique. It has a real fluidity to it. It's cool that you can watch it on Netflix. I'm so out of the Netflix loop. I don't share that common bound that most people have, of watching the same shows.
This business with your eyelid does sound kind of jarring. I think it's perfectly normal to feel anxious about it. However, something that comes on quick like that, doesn't sound permanent. Is it some kind of sty? Had you been rubbing your eyes a lot? Have you been fatigued lately? These are things to consider. Give it some time to resolve itself. Are you sure that surgery would help? I mean, just as an example, have you seen Burt Reynolds lately? He's had some really unfortunate plastic surgery. It just doesn't look very good. Another quick thing about Burt. How is it, that he wears a toupee and still has dandruff? It's odd. Still, have you considered what a doctor might say. Don't you have free health care in Canada?
It's a lazy day. It feels like another Sunday because of the holiday.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom