Hi, I'm new here!

Re:

Whats sludge and doom? and will I be sorry I asked?

Re:

Whats sludge and doom? and will I be sorry I asked?
They are both genre's of music, both of which could be said to be closely related somewhat.

Sludge bands tend to play slow and heavy with a sort of wallowing, almost muddy approach in terms of sound. Hence the "Sludge" aspect. Melvins were one of the first bands to be classed as a Sludge band. Since then they have progressed and branched out into many musical exploits tho.

As for "Doom" there are many variants. Most commonly tho Doom (or Doom Metal) is the genre of music that was seen to have its origin in the 70's, Black Sabbath being the most obvious band highlighted. Since then what constitutes as doom has been redefined or developed upon. There are many, many doom bands around at the minute and all share an ethos or approach that is somewhat rooted in those initial Sabbath like tones.

Re:

)))((( is also an activist when it comes to fur and meat, he hates KFC and has attended attacks on McDonalds in Newcastle upon Tyne.
I do however like Burger King tho. Have any of you tasted their burgers? Darrrrrn man! Tasty shit!!!

Last edited:
Re:

Welcome both of you! Your quite gothic/meat heads. Do you have a favourite Smiths song? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom