Hey, artists who crowdfund - Morrissey thinks you’re desperate and insulting by Joe Zadeh

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
The Google translated interview provides fuel for a Moz / crowd funding article:
http://m.noisey.vice.com/en_uk/blog/morrissey-suggests-crowdfunding-is-desperate-and-insulting

"Morrissey is in a weird space at the moment, isn’t he? He’s technically unsigned, but can sell out four consecutive nights at Sydney Opera House for the end of May. And while a seven piece mariachi tribute band called Mexrrissey are storming the internet’s headlines for existing and being quite good, the real Morrissey is filtering his public opinions beneath UK radars via foreign language interviews. The latest? A chat with a Spanish newspaper. His hot take? Crowdsourcing sucks."

Which then gets cited as a source for more of the same:
http://post-punk.com/crowdfunders-of-the-world-unite-against-morrissey/
Including a tweet non-response by Amanda Palmer.
Regards,
FWD

Last edited:
I understand where he's coming from. For a millionaire artist such as himself to beg fans for money after they've bought albums, tickets, mercy, travel, would be really rude.

Amanda, it's almost a badge of honor to be thrown under the Moz bus. You're one of the cool kids now. :p

its his career and he can do what he likes with it for all i care

its his career and he can do what he likes with it for all i care

Yes, it's a career, no different than if he was selling widgets. He's a fake, a crank-fraud charlatan who appropriated 'radical chic' memes and sold 'sincerity' only to be exposed as a totally strategic troll-sensationalist face-time attention whore. Unfortunately for him, the very same media that he cavorted in front of as a young man have ZERO interest in his ugly ageing pus now that the bitterness and anger of his failure to find Fame contorts his every grimace onstage and off. He's got what he deserves, may more misfortune rain down upon his bogus, balding bonce, may wasps sting his arse each and every time he's outed for posing as a 'radical' when he's just another huckster on the make. He has a pretty voice if no longer a pretty face. He should sing with a bag on his head.

best
BB

Yes, it's a career, no different than if he was selling widgets. He's a fake, a crank-fraud charlatan who appropriated 'radical chic' memes and sold 'sincerity' only to be exposed as a totally strategic troll-sensationalist face-time attention whore. Unfortunately for him, the very same media that he cavorted in front of as a young man have ZERO interest in his ugly ageing pus now that the bitterness and anger of his failure to find Fame contorts his every grimace onstage and off. He's got what he deserves, may more misfortune rain down upon his bogus, balding bonce, may wasps sting his arse each and every time he's outed for posing as a 'radical' when he's just another huckster on the make. He has a pretty voice if no longer a pretty face. He should sing with a bag on his head.

best
BB

Still here I see, typing away furiously. You should get some air, this can't be anyone's idea of fun, surely?

It is insulting and desperate...especially regarding his status and history.

He should not have to resort crowdfunding and thankfully he has enough pride to stick to his guns and choose releasing nothing rather than panhandling or making up his own label like some shitty-beard hipster flash in the pan group. He's better than that; the last LP proved he's still better than that. He should be on a label...a major one. If they can't see it, then I agree with him: f*** 'em.

The London Evening Standard too:
http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/c...ery-record-label-ive-approached-10210718.html

"Morrissey has revealed that he’s been rejected by every record label that he's contacted after cancelling his contract with Harvest Records.
The former Smiths frontman, who split from the company just three weeks after his latest album, World Peace Is None Of Your Business, was released, has also admitted that crowd-funding is a ‘last resort’.'

Regards,
FWD

Last edited:

best
BB

I find him handsome and I bet he's much better looking than you.

Why spend so much time talking about someone you hate? This obsessive behaviour is indicative of a larger psychological problem and I do hope you seek help.

Still here I see, typing away furiously. You should get some air, this can't be anyone's idea of fun, surely?

Yes, still here. 12 minutes so far, probably no more than 15 as it's hardly Brain-Cell Central, is it? I'm a trained court stenographer, so shove it. Get air? I'm on a lounger in the garden sun-bathing. Haven't you heard of wi-fi, wanker? Now, put me back on Ignore and get on with your ridiculous life.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

I find him handsome and I bet he's much better looking than you.

Why spend so much time talking about someone you hate? This obsessive behaviour is indicative of a larger psychological problem and I do hope you seek help.

Viva Hate!

Thanks for the amateur hour diagnosis but please, spare me your home-spun philosophies you tosser.

best
BB

best
BB

Oh Brummie, you're still hanging out at the carnival telling everyone that the games are rigged. It seems like you can't get over the fact that "there are two words in show business." Every band you see that gets famous and lasts more than a year has learned to play the game. Whether it's Metallica or Britney Spears it's all pop music. The idea that it was ever more than entertainment is for small children and music fans.

Oh Brummie, you're still hanging out at the carnival telling everyone that the games are rigged. It seems like you can't get over the fact that "there are two words in show business." Every band you see that gets famous and lasts more than a year has learned to play the game. Whether it's Metallica or Britney Spears it's all pop music. The idea that it was ever more than entertainment is for small children and music fans.

I've known all this since I was 14, but thanks for a synopsis of why music 'rebels' like Morrissey suck Corporate cock each and every time they pay to play then complain. He's just doing a job, they all are. One of their 'perks' is mentally ill 'fans' who puff up their egos until they have to face their retirement and death then they realise they wasted their lives. Who cares?

best
BB

best
BB

Every word which that dildo Brummie uses to describe Morrissey is an exact description of himself. It's uncanny. He's a right crank that one.

Every word which that dildo Brummie uses to describe Morrissey is an exact description of himself. It's uncanny. He's a right crank that one.

Oh, amusement! Fookin eejit Charlie Cheswick's back sniffing BB's arse. For someone who supposedly has me on Ignore, the little bitch can't stop inhaling my pheremones. Probably fancies a bit of gay with me. Yuck! f*** off Charlie, wanker. Nobody paying you attention? So trying to stand in my spotlight? Aw, bless! Bitch. To heel.

best
BB

Back
Top Bottom