Here's a clue

• Thread starter Theo van Gogh Martyrs Brigade
  • Start date
T

Theo van Gogh Martyrs Brigade

Those 8.5 million Iraqis who defied the orders of the "insurgency" to vote in a free election are people who stood up to nazis.

Those "insurgents" who sought to blow those people up as they voted, and even resorted to strapping an explosives vest on a kid with Downs Syndrom to do so...those would be NAZIS.

Wake up.

> Those 8.5 million Iraqis who defied the orders of the
> "insurgency" to vote in a free election are people who stood up
> to nazis.

> Those "insurgents" who sought to blow those people up as they
> voted, and even resorted to strapping an explosives vest on a kid with
> Downs Syndrom to do so...those would be NAZIS.

> Wake up.

yet the government that they elected is a hard-liner Muslim contingency with a friendship with Iran. two things that don't make the US very happy...

> yet the government that they elected is a hard-liner Muslim contingency
> with a friendship with Iran. two things that don't make the US very
> happy...

Ah, well, ya know...I thought before the election the hope for the best possible outcome was that there'd be a high turnout and when the results were counted the General Assembly would not be dominated by a super-majority of Shiites. We got about a 60% turnout, the Shiites rightfully got the majority of the seats, but they did not get a super-majority so they must compromise with the other groups in Iraq.

How could one ask for anything better than that?

I don't know what the future holds. Will Iraq live up to the name of one idealistic Iraqi's Web Blog: "Iraq the Model"? Or will it end in civil war? I have no idea, but most of what I'm seeing leads me to take an optimistic view. The Kurds have proven they are down with democracy. The Shiites have chosen restraint and the ballot box rather than seeking to settle scores violently with the Sunni Arabs. The most powerful Shiite religious leader, Sistani, says he does not want political power. Shiites speak of wanting leaders wearing suits and ties running the government. I don't think Iraqis are stupid. They saw what happened in Iran. Sistani was never on the same page as the Ayatollah Komeini anyway.

However, I know I can count on Suzanne to tell us how everything is always going wrong and will end in distastor.

Anyway, my message was only meant to point out who's a nazi and who is anti-nazi

Re: Anyway, my message was only meant to point out who's a nazi and who is anti-nazi

stop answering your own threads it makes you look desperate and you don't want that now do you?

Re: Anyway, my message was only meant to point out who's a nazi and who is anti-nazi

> stop answering your own threads it makes you look desperate and you don't
> want that now do you?

I do as I like, thank you. If Andy Ison can do it, so can I. :p

> I do as I like, thank you. If Andy Ison can do it, so can I. :p

i'm only teasing ,but you should really stop doing that it does make you look a bit of a desperado

Back
Top Bottom