Here we go again another fake

I think we've been here before with this seller. Claiming to have 3 items that Morrissey signed during his birthday gigs at the Apollo last year:
Bona Drag magazine advert

Suedehead magazine advert

and a Smiths sleeve art work page from a magazine (with Johnny's sig as well).

I'm no autograph expert, but I know a cock-and-bull story when I see one - why would Moz sign three magazine pages for a fan? Anyone hoping to get stuff signed at a gig would take CD or LP artwork, not cut outs from magazines.

100% fake.

Dave

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
"why would Moz sign three magazine pages for a fan? Anyone hoping to get stuff signed at a gig would take CD or LP artwork, not cut outs from magazines. " ~Dave2006

Because these are much cheaper to get sign on and if he f***s it up, wouldn't cost too much financial damage :guitar:

FAKE. FAKE . FAKE.

I think we've been here before with this seller. Claiming to have 3 items that Morrissey signed during his birthday gigs at the Apollo last year

Wasn't this story used for some signed Best I and II ads a while ago?

Morrissey refuses to sign anything related to the smiths as someone on here pointed out before the liverpool empire gig last year or so

Alan

Morrissey refuses to sign anything related to the smiths as someone on here pointed out before the liverpool empire gig last year or so

Alan

I don't think that's a rule. It depends on his mood.
In Richmond last year he did sign a Rank cd.

The guy was lucky Morrissey didn't open the cd, so he didn't see it was already signed by Johnny, Andy and Mike.

I don't think that's a rule. It depends on his mood.
In Richmond last year he did sign a Rank cd.

The guy was lucky Morrissey didn't open the cd, so he didn't see it was already signed by Johnny, Andy and Mike.

Wouldn't Morrissey sign the cd if it was signed by other Smiths?

Wouldn't Morrissey sign the cd if it was signed by other Smiths?
He would see Mike's signature and spit on it, throw it on the ground and smash it with his shoes. Then he would look at the guy that had the CD and :barf: on him, and :swear: him out. The guy would drop the CD and turn to run and Morrissey would :whip: him and tell the guy he is :banned: from ever coming to any of his shows again. Then Morrissey would pick up the CD and :flamethrow: it. As the guy turned around Morrissey would :gun: him down and then Morrissey would run off and :tears:

He would see Mike's signature and spit on it, throw it on the ground and smash it with his shoes. Then he would look at the guy that had the CD and :barf: on him, and :swear: him out. The guy would drop the CD and turn to run and Morrissey would :whip: him and tell the guy he is :banned: from ever coming to any of his shows again. Then Morrissey would pick up the CD and :flamethrow: it. As the guy turned around Morrissey would :gun: him down and then Morrissey would run off and :tears:

This is all true as I've seen this exact scenario happening with my very own eyes: :eek:

Morrissey refuses to sign anything related to the smiths as someone on here pointed out before the liverpool empire gig last year or soAlan

Not true my friend. Might be the case now? not sure, BUT, Abrahan & I BOTH have signed Smiths items(cd covers) from Morrissey, when we met him in '03. Infact, he told Abrahan(upon seeing a "Louder than Bombs" cd cover),"Thats actually my favorite".

His stance could very well be that way now, but he didnt seem to mind it, both times I met him. He couldn't have been any nicer to me either time, a sweetheart of a guy. Such a kind & generous man. Class all the way. The way he was to us both times, will ALWAYS be one of the reasons I love him and his music so much.

One of the funniest back and forths from the second encounter(Me to Morrissey):" Morrissey, I wrote you a letter, but i dont have it on me, would it be ok, with your permission of course, if I were to put it in your mailbox later some time? I'll understand if you say no". (Swear to god he says this back)"Of course you can, please do, infact, next time stay for dinner". I said "really?" he said "No, not really...sounded good though huh?" he was totally joking, and we all cracked up from laughing. He then said it would be fine if I brought it back, which I did later, and stuck it in his mailbox, along with a couple Oscar Wilde books, and a pin(badge) that reads"It's Morrissey's world, we just live in it". I thought, after seeing that, he'd smile. Hope he got it all, Im sure he did.

He even remembered me the second time, "You're that Big something"(I shot back a "Big Jeff"), he said "Right, Big Jeff, how are you"?(Thats about the time I had to be picked up off the ground from nearly passing out, that he remembered me-j/k).

I truly do love him.

Last edited:
Not true my friend. Might be the case now? not sure, BUT, Abrahan & I BOTH have signed Smiths items(cd covers) from Morrissey, when we met him in '03. Infact, he told Abrahan(upon seeing a "Louder than Bombs" cd cover),"Thats actually my favorite".

His stance could very well be that way now, but he didnt seem to mind it, both times I met him. He couldn't have been any nicer to me either time, a sweetheart of a guy. Such a kind & generous man. Class all the way. The way he was to us both times, will ALWAYS be one of the reasons I love him and his music so much.

One of the funniest back and forths from the second encounter(Me to Morrissey):" Morrissey, I wrote you a letter, but i dont have it on me, would it be ok, with your permission of course, if I were to put it in your mailbox later some time? I'll understand if you say no". (Swear to god he says this back)"Of course you can, please do, infact, next time stay for dinner". I said "really?" he said "No, not really...sounded good though huh?" he was totally joking, and we all cracked up from laughing. He then said it would be fine if I brought it back, which I did later, and stuck it in his mailbox, along with a couple Oscar Wilde books, and a pin(badge) that reads"It's Morrissey's world, we just live in it". I thought, after seeing that, he'd smile. Hope he got it all, Im sure he did.

He even remembered me the second time, "You're that Big something"(I shot back a "Big Jeff"), he said "Right, Big Jeff, how are you"?(Thats about the time I had to be picked up off the ground from nearly passing out, that he remembered me-j/k).

I truly do love him.

What a nice encounter with Moz....cheers.:thumb:

What a nice encounter with Moz....cheers.:thumb:

Thanks man. Yeah, anyone ever says 'Morrissey is so mean..blah blah blah", just know: it's just not true. he spoke to us both times for over an hour, and seemed to like doing so. He couldve easily walked away, he asked us to stay and talk to him the second time. Abrahan said to him" We're probably taking up too much of your time?" he said 'No trouble at all" and then stood there and talked to us for well over an hour.

A few days later, he was in Amoeba in L.A., and some girl walked up to him and started a small convo w/him. She brought up how "2 guys posted on the Moz solo site that they met you in front of your house", and how we caught hell for supposedly "stalking Morrissey", b/c we were in front of his home, we were there all of 5 minutes, when he pulled up, unknowingly. KNow what the man said to her? "Those 2 are 2 nice guys, didnt mind at all. It was all by chance that we met, nice guys". Or, something to that effect, it's posted here somewhere in the archives. I was floored when I read that. Told you, he's such a class act.

Tags
#strangewaysherewecome autograph newfavethread signature signed
Back
Top Bottom