Here Be Spoilers: 12 New Song Titles!

Bill Zero

I found these listed on the Warner Chappell music publishing website. All of these titles are Morrissey/Alain Whyte compositions.

I don't know if these will be album tracks, singles. b-sides, or never see the light of day (Kitt and Home Is A Question Mark are listed on the same site after all!), but if you'd rather save the surprise for later in the year, LOOK AWAY NOW!:
New Morrissey song titles:
Action Man

Teresa, Teresa

My Dearest Love

When I Was Young

When Last I Spoke To Carol

You Were Good In Your Time

Because Of My Poor Education

I Was Bully, Do Not Forget Me

It's Not Your Birthday Anymore

Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed

Something Is Squeezing My Skull

I'm Looking Forward To Going Back

Hmm, some are pretty ropey titles whereas others are nice. Hope to hear these someday!

Love PTxx.

Last edited:
blimey, they are actually genuine!

I just found the Warner Chappell website (easily Googled) and did a song title search on "Because of my poor education" and it's there.
Most amusingly of all we learn that Alain's middle name is Gordon!

am surprised as those song titles sounded way too intriguing to be recent Morrissey compositions...

I found these listed on the Warner Chappell music publishing website. All of these titles are Morrissey/Alain Whyte compositions.

I don't know if these will be album tracks, singles. b-sides, or never see the light of day (Kitt and Home Is A Question Mark are listed on the same site after all!), but if you'd rather save the surprise for later in the year, LOOK AWAY NOW!:
New Morrissey song titles:
Action Man

Teresa, Teresa

My Dearest Love

When I Was Young

When Last I Spoke To Carol

You Were Good In Your Time

Because Of My Poor Education

I Was Bully, Do Not Forget Me

It's Not Your Birthday Anymore

Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed

Something Is Squeezing My Skull

I'm Looking Forward To Going Back

Also, i found Home Is A Question Mark.

I don't know. Still looks weird to me. Cool though.

Hmm nevermind. Upon further inspection I found that it is published by ' Universal Music Publishing Limited (Gb)'. so maybe...

Whoops, the extremely long direct link I pasted in got cut off in its prime, but you can still search from the main Warner Chappell site.

Maurice E, I was going to act all outraged that you thought they weren't genuine, but I did post a list of George Formby songs as the "new Morrissey album tracklisting" a few years back, so I can't really feign saintliness.

These tracks definitely weren't listed when I looked a while back, so it's a good sign that they are new stuff, not old unreleased dregs.

All the titles are absolutely terrible. Let's hope the songs are far superior.

Whoops, the extremely long direct link I pasted in got cut off in its prime, but you can still search from the main Warner Chappell site.

Maurice E, I was going to act all outraged that you thought they weren't genuine, but I did post a list of George Formby songs as the "new Morrissey album tracklisting" a few years back, so I can't really feign saintliness.

These tracks definitely weren't listed when I looked a while back, so it's a good sign that they are new stuff, not old unreleased dregs.

Err, soz about that!
They just didn't sound like recent Morrissey song titles. Nothing about killers, being killed or killing, for starters! Also, we recently had that Wikipedia listing with new songs which (I think) has turned out to be fake.

I do think they sound intriguing. I remember seeing the ROTT songtitles for the first time and just thinking they sounded... dull.
It's interesting to see that Alain's co-written them all. A good sign I think.
Also, Boz wrote 'Paris', surely one of his finest compositions for many a while.

Do you know what it means when a song is listed there? Presumably that they've actually been recorded. Maybe it's a copyright thing?

There were one or two mysterious songs which had Morrissey and Marr plus others down as songwriters. What's that all about?!

Last edited:
Err, soz about that!
There were one or two mysterious songs which had Morrissey and Marr plus others down as songwriters. What's that all about?!

I don't know these songs, but I think they may be where a sample or 'quotation' of a Moz/Marr composition has been used as the basis for a new song, so the writers have to give them a songwriting credit.

Back
Top Bottom