Here Be Spoilers: 12 New Song Titles!

Also, i found Home Is A Question Mark.

I don't know. Still looks weird to me. Cool though.

The only thing I know about 'Home Is a Question Mark' are these following lyrics provided from a good man ;)

"I do not
flinch if the doorbell rings, I sit and yawn with my curtains drawn; saintly
patience tips so easy to sin - will the last laugh be yours?"

Love PTxx.

Predictions

Teresa, Teresa
"Go down on me together," our hero croons.

My Dearest Love
In which Morrissey cackles and jingles coins for three minutes and 17 seconds while The Lads tune their instruments.

When I Was Young
In which an apparent mood swing in Moz leads The Lads to pause and ask if anything's wrong. Drum solo near the end, and sounds of kissing.

When Last I Spoke To Carol
In which a tiny, frail little bone is thrown to the Moz-might-be-straight-and-women-named-Carol-might-have-sex contingent. Also, Moz's entry into the 2008 Worldwide Worst Song Title Competition.

You Were Good In Your Time
A product of Moz's new Random Title Generator, itself a product of his renewed friendship with Bowie.

Because Of My Poor Education
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grg5tULy0tY

I Was Bully, Do Not Forget Me
PG Wodehouse titles set to unmemorable music.

It's Not Your Birthday Anymore
See You Were Good in Your Time

Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed
PJ Harvey wrote this one while feeling especially idiotic.

Something Is Squeezing My Skull
If it were a Sparks track, we might have hope.

I'm Looking Forward To Going Back
See It's Not Your Birthday Anymore.

There were one or two mysterious songs which had Morrissey and Marr plus others down as songwriters. What's that all about?!

Oh God, wait for the more nostalgic members of the forum to get hold of that piece of information...conspiracies abound :rolleyes:

I was also thinking wiat until later on when some of the more 'geeky' members get hold of this...most are probably still recovering from S+G last night :D

Love PTxx.

Are these song titles genuine? Because my name is Teresa, so that would just be amazing.

The titles evoke images and confound expectations. Other than "My Dearest Love," which is generic beyond belief, I think they all sound interesting, although "When I Last Spoke To Carol" feels like the title of an essay or article.

Alain's almost up to 80 songs with Morrissey -- great achievement! I have a feeling he'll finally be given the credit he deserves in the press when the album comes out. My guess is that the energy he usually puts into touring has been channeled into his songwriting.

We're all a bit weary of hearing about the ongoing royalty situation with The Smiths, but I've wondered for many years what kind of deal Boz and Alain get for their songwriting contributions. Obviously it's private financial information, but I can't help but be curious as to how Morrissey rethought/adjusted/safeguarded after the Smiths debacle (and his falling out with Stephen Street for similar reasons). At first "Th' Lads" were brought in to reinvigorate the live show, but Boz and Alain have turned out to be Morrissey's main collaborators over the past 16 years.

Both of them keep busy with side projects, but my impression is that it's not because they can't survive financially during Moz downtime -- I think they're compensated fairly -- but because they devote everything to their music, which is what Morrissey has stated he respects about them and why they've partnered this long.

Bring it!

I think those song titles sound really interesting. Makes me pissed off that he's got to faff around with this greatest hits stuff rather than getting on with the new album. I don't think he has much choice about that though. The record company want their money!

I'd guess his financial arrangements are much the same as in The Smiths with co-writers getting 50% the same as Marr and all the band getting a performance percentage. I'd guess Boz gets a bigger percentage than the others as he's basically taken over the role that Marr used to play in the practical organisation of the band.

We're all a bit weary of hearing about the ongoing royalty situation with The Smiths, but I've wondered for many years what kind of deal Boz and Alain get for their songwriting contributions. Obviously it's private financial information, but I can't help but be curious as to how Morrissey rethought/adjusted/safeguarded after the Smiths debacle (and his falling out with Stephen Street for similar reasons). At first "Th' Lads" were brought in to reinvigorate the live show, but Boz and Alain have turned out to be Morrissey's main collaborators over the past 16 years.

Both of them keep busy with side projects, but my impression is that it's not because they can't survive financially during Moz downtime -- I think they're compensated fairly -- but because they devote everything to their music, which is what Morrissey has stated he respects about them and why they've partnered this long.

I remember reading a Johnny Marr interview where he was asked about working with Morrissey. He crossed his arms on his chest and said that that was probably quite a common reaction to that question.
Moz is known to burn bridges behind him but I've always assumed that his professional relationship with Boz and Alain is a very amicable one since the partnership has lasted for such a long time. Well done, lads! :)

I remember reading a Johnny Marr interview where he was asked about working with Morrissey. He crossed his arms on his chest and said that that was probably quite a common reaction to that question.
Moz is known to burn bridges behind him but I've always assumed that his professional relationship with Boz and Alain is a very amicable one since the partnership has lasted for such a long time. Well done, lads! :)

I'd prefer it if interviewers didn't ask Johnny about Morrissey as it always seems to make him act like a petulant brat. :p

I still cannot believe they are real.

"My Dearest Love", "When Last I Spoke To Carol" and "Something Is Squeezing My Skull" are especially horrible. :rolleyes:

They're probably invented titles for real songs. I know that if you copyright material in the US, you can just batch things together and assign a title, such as "The Collected Works of x, vol.1" and whatever is in that "Collection" is copyrighted under that title. So Morrissey could have made up fake titles for real songs until closer to release time- that way they are copyrighted in the interim. The actual songs are still copyrighted, since they are now off paper and demo tape and into the hands of others for production. I imagine he could go back in and change the titles to the real ones later on.

Does this sound plausible at all? Uh... I hope so. Although, I laughed bitterly at the titles on Quarry and put it back on the shelf, the first time I saw it. "How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel?" "I Have Forgiven Jesus?" "The World is Full of Crashing Bores?" Give me a break. Sounded like a bad Morrissey spoof at the time. You never know what the old guy will pull out of his bag of tricks and treats for us... hopefully these will be treats, not tricks.

OMG, new smilies! :guitar::D

I looked at the list, after searching for Morrissey, and they all rang true apart from this...
2168235025_2c501d55cf_o.jpg

and I thought 'New Order & The Smiths? And who is Dylan Gee?"
Then I found this, and the sample can be downloaded from here. Oh, and this is Dylan Gee.

Peter

Back
Top Bottom