Henry Rollins. Here we go...

J

Joey S.

1) I'm not so sure that the thing about Rollins and the Australian music video channel is true. How did that person transcribe everything that Henry said? What are they a court transcriptionist and happened to be infront of their computer while watching TV? I could see him saying it though.

2) Rollins yelling at Moz during his spoken word "performance" I could see too. It's just something that Rollins would do. Thinking that he's looking cool and putting things in their place.

3) Rollins Band is a bunch of @#!!!ty musicians 90% of the time and more than half of his lyrics are crap.

4) I've heard a bunch of his spoken word stuff over the years. The guy tries to be way too serious. He's definately got a thorn in his side.

He's so fake I can't even stand hearing him anymore. The other thing that bothers me about him is his hatred for cops ("pigs" as he calls them). He said that the way to get rid of crime is to kill all the "pigs". That says a lot about how stupid the guy is. Cops are a necessity and just because there are a lot of dispicable ones out there doesn't mean you have to label them all as pigs.

5) I'm tired of the stereotypes around here. I do not fit the Morrissey fan stereotype. I'm the type of person that many of you would classify as a Henry Rollins type until you got to know me. I'm sure a lot of you would be puzzled as to why I "waste" my time lifting weights, how I could listen to a Metallica record, and then be into Morrissey and spend a lot of time reading and writing.

> 5) I'm tired of the stereotypes around here. I do not fit the¿ Morrissey fan stereotype. I'm the type of person that many of¿ you would classify as a Henry Rollins type until you got to know¿ me.
---------
Yeah, I'm tired of all the Euro-wannabes, high school kids who hate their teachers for correcting their Anglicisms, "poetic" types who can't wait to tell you how much they love the sound of rainfall, over-obsessive trainspotters, "Moz snobs" who'd like to shoot you for listening to the Spice Girls, etc. Morrissey is for anybody who wants him, no matter how hard some folks might resist the idea.

i'm tired too...

great posts, joey and colin!¿ ---------¿ Yeah, I'm tired of all the Euro-wannabes, high school kids who¿ hate their teachers for correcting their Anglicisms,¿ "poetic" types who can't wait to tell you how much¿ they love the sound of rainfall, over-obsessive trainspotters,¿ "Moz snobs" who'd like to shoot you for listening to¿ the Spice Girls, etc. Morrissey is for anybody who wants him, no¿ matter how hard some folks might resist the idea.

Re: I am human and I need to be bored...

> We're tired and waiting for Mozzer to release his new Pet Shop¿ Boys record, and meanwhile the usual Gene filler hasn't come to¿ the USA yet. Blast!!

Don't worry the Gene filler is out here in England and it's not worth
the bother. Incidently Henry Rollins might have a point.

1. i like morrissey

2. i like henry rollins¿ Rollins yelling at Moz during his spoken word¿ "performance" I could see too. It's just something¿ that Rollins would do. Thinking that he's looking cool and¿ putting things in their place.
rollins likes to yell... he does it quite alot.¿ Rollins Band is a bunch of @#!!! ty musicians 90% of the¿ time and more than half of his lyrics are crap.
he's american, what did you expect?¿ I've heard a bunch of his spoken word stuff over the years.¿ The guy tries to be way too serious. He's definately got a thorn¿ in his side.
i have listened to all his spoken words, and i DO NOT think you can accuse him of being too serious. actually i feel he raises some very important subjects with plenty of humour and irony.¿ He's so fake I can't even stand hearing him anymore. The other¿ thing that bothers me about him is his hatred for cops¿ ("pigs" as he calls them). He said that the way to get¿ rid of crime is to kill all the "pigs". That says a¿ lot about how stupid the guy is. Cops are a necessity and just¿ because there are a lot of dispicable ones out there doesn't¿ mean you have to label them all as pigs.
blah blah blah... i'm not prone to condone violence, but when it comes to the same subhuman race (pigs aka cops) who stuck me in a small cell for more than two months i say "kill 'em all!"¿ I'm tired of the stereotypes around here. I do not fit the¿ Morrissey fan stereotype. I'm the type of person that many of¿ you would classify as a Henry Rollins type until you got to know¿ me. I'm sure a lot of you would be puzzled as to why I¿ "waste" my time lifting weights, how I could listen to¿ a Metallica record, and then be into Morrissey and spend a lot¿ of time reading and writing.
excactly

love aaron