Helsingborg cancelled

The gig in Helsingborg has been cancelled due to rain.

Morran also sends the link:

Morrisseys konsert inställd - hd.se
Kvällens konsert med Morrissey på Sundspärlan i Helsingborg är inställd på grund av regnet.

Update 6:31 PT:
Morran mentions an update to the article on hd.se - Morrissey decided to cancel the show, the promoter wanted it to go ahead as gigs in the rain have been played on the same stage without any major problems.

See also:
Press release regarding Morrissey concert date in Helsingborg - true-to-you.net
14 July 2011

Due to severe weather conditions the open air concert at Helsingborg (July 14th) is unable to take place for reasons of public and artiste safety.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of curiosity, who is Headlong Into Harm?

The gathering calling themselves "Headlong into harm" (HIH) consists of people that learned to know each other when fighting in the balkans war. As time has passed many other people have joined who were not involved in the war but who dealt with the serbian mafia who over the years have had a firm grip on the underworld in Sweden. Arkan war lord funded his White Tigers army by robbing a few swedish banks and his son lives in Sweden.
People in Sweden should have read about and seen tv documentaries about several members of HIH during the recent showing of "svensk maffia" (swedish mafia) based on the book with the same name.
Tonights secret gig was no secret to the swedish police who were present but did not interrupt the gig. Morrissey was in fine form and played the new tune "Scandinavia" which was greeted by loud cheers and he joked about the cancelled gig in Helsingborg and made a weird reference to the film Van Helsing and Björn Borg the tennis player.

Dragan Milosevic
HIH

and yet, you come here...

I do come here...but less and less. I like the site but I think we must all agree it has become less constructive over the last couple of years. To the point where it has become destructive. And I do think that the anonymous posting has a lot to do with it. I agree with freedom of speech but not when it is pointless bitching, whinging and moaning. There just seems to be less and less of value to read here.

That was my first negative comment by the way...and it was a comment on the posts before it.

Morrissey's fans and admirers, or at least those that make their voice heard, are very passionate about him and his music, myself included, but I feel that there are some who come here just to be negative and whilst I feel for David I think that he has some responsibility to police the site to an extent. At the very least make people sign up in order to post. I know that we still don't know a deal about anyone but it gives them some kind of identity and history.

Furthermore whilst I am happy to share, trade and download live gigs, I have a huge problem with links to downloads of official material. I know it's out there and easily found but to sign post it, or allow someone else to sign post, condones piracy and copyright theft. The botttom line is how would you feel if you did a week's work and were suddenly robbed of that income...?

So there are a few issues here and I understand the backlash from Morrissey and his team.

I also however feel that it would be a huge shame if the site were to be closed for these reasons. I'm just not sure that it can be rescued.

We were told at the venue by some official looking guy that he was given the chance to play inside but turned it down. The rain was fairly light from about 2pm and had stopped by 6pm. We were there at 7pm and the stage looked fine as did the ground. I will be getting a refund on my ticket as I can´t afford to go to Hultsfred after spending loads on the journey from Gothenburg and a hotel room. Besides, it might rain in Hultsfred. Met a few other people from out of town in the pub later in the evening who were all very pissed off. It would have been nice to hear/read some remorse from the Great Man rather than just a one sentence statement, the truth of which is questionable.

Never again. Now it´s finally over after almost thirty years. Good-bye you silly, old man. I don´t care what happens to you but I do not wish you any further success.

Now I´ll listen to some real artist instead.

I do come here...but less and less. I like the site but I think we must all agree it has become less constructive over the last couple of years. To the point where it has become destructive. And I do think that the anonymous posting has a lot to do with it. I agree with freedom of speech but not when it is pointless bitching, whinging and moaning. There just seems to be less and less of value to read here.

That was my first negative comment by the way...and it was a comment on the posts before it.

Morrissey's fans and admirers, or at least those that make their voice heard, are very passionate about him and his music, myself included, but I feel that there are some who come here just to be negative and whilst I feel for David I think that he has some responsibility to police the site to an extent. At the very least make people sign up in order to post. I know that we still don't know a deal about anyone but it gives them some kind of identity and history.

Furthermore whilst I am happy to share, trade and download live gigs, I have a huge problem with links to downloads of official material. I know it's out there and easily found but to sign post it, or allow someone else to sign post, condones piracy and copyright theft. The botttom line is how would you feel if you did a week's work and were suddenly robbed of that income...?

So there are a few issues here and I understand the backlash from Morrissey and his team.

I also however feel that it would be a huge shame if the site were to be closed for these reasons. I'm just not sure that it can be rescued.

What nonsense. Signing up to anonymous 'solow name' is no different to posting anonymously. Why don't you try thinking for yourself instead of thinking with Morrissey's skewed mind?

"The botttom line is how would you feel if you did a week's work and were suddenly robbed of that income...?"

You really are asinine. Morrissey commented in 2004 that he found illegal downloads "amusing" so that's as close as you'll get to a green light from an artist with intellectual property rights.

Let's get this straight. It's OK for a millionaire pop star to ban David from the gig on a whim after David has spent $1000 on the show. But it's unconscionable for some fans to download a few bits and pieces of CDs they've probably purchased at least twice?

It's posts like this that I try to avoid reading. It's just twee.

The stuff about 'all the negativity' - boo hoo. Has Morrissey secretly been a little twinkling star all these years bigging up Madonna and Michael Buble and praising to the hilt this wonderful world we live in? No. He b*&*hes and moans and pours spite and scorn over other singers, judges, former bandmates, his own fansite... it's almost surreal watching the spineless 'little mes' on this site agree with whatever old Mozza says, however ridiculous.

The biggest victim of this site?

A certain Mike Joyce. I have seen literally hundreds of posts refer to him without question as 'Joyce, the scumbag/liar/thief' and this is apparently fine - even though the legal system found Joyce had been the VICTIM and Morrissey was 'devious, truculent and unreliable!'

I'm afraid Morrissey still thinks like a child. And so do very many of you.

yes, it's perfectly ok to eject david or anyone because under the terms and conditions stated clearly on the back of every concert ticket, "the management/venue/artist reserve the right to refuse admission" so your argument kind of falls down right there, i'm afraid. though i would agree that joyce was one of the many victims of this site along with moz/band/ex-smiths/julia/other solo users. its a hate site and david should not have let it get into this state, he only has himself to blame now. and to all the people saying "goodbye moz etc" well i'm sure he'll be gutted. not that it will affect his gigs selling out immediately or anything remotely serious.

Never again. Now it´s finally over after almost thirty years. Good-bye you silly, old man. I don´t care what happens to you but I do not wish you any further success.

Now I´ll listen to some real artist instead.

But you still come here to post that...? Weird.

What nonsense. Signing up to anonymous 'solow name' is no different to posting anonymously. Why don't you try thinking for yourself instead of thinking with Morrissey's skewed mind?

"The botttom line is how would you feel if you did a week's work and were suddenly robbed of that income...?"

You really are asinine. Morrissey commented in 2004 that he found illegal downloads "amusing" so that's as close as you'll get to a green light from an artist with intellectual property rights.

Let's get this straight. It's OK for a millionaire pop star to ban David from the gig on a whim after David has spent $1000 on the show. But it's unconscionable for some fans to download a few bits and pieces of CDs they've probably purchased at least twice?

It's posts like this that I try to avoid reading. It's just twee.

The stuff about 'all the negativity' - boo hoo. Has Morrissey secretly been a little twinkling star all these years bigging up Madonna and Michael Buble and praising to the hilt this wonderful world we live in? No. He b*&*hes and moans and pours spite and scorn over other singers, judges, former bandmates, his own fansite... it's almost surreal watching the spineless 'little mes' on this site agree with whatever old Mozza says, however ridiculous.

The biggest victim of this site?

A certain Mike Joyce. I have seen literally hundreds of posts refer to him without question as 'Joyce, the scumbag/liar/thief' and this is apparently fine - even though the legal system found Joyce had been the VICTIM and Morrissey was 'devious, truculent and unreliable!'

I'm afraid Morrissey still thinks like a child. And so do very many of you.

Some good points here, but -

Making throwaway snide comments about Madonna and Michael Bublé is hardly the same thing as mounting a sustained campaign of hatred on a daily basis, extending over years, which Morrissey has never done, but which David T has facilitated by failing to curb the trolls on this site. And by failing to do so, because free speech is cherished above all, then nobody can complain when Morrissey exercises his own right to free speech by wearing a T shirt, as well as his legal right to disallow people into gigs (ticket t&c) regardless of how much money they've spent (irrelevant). To suggest that there should be one rule for David and another for Morrissey is plain dumb - either this is an issue of free speech (in which case the playing field should be level) or it isn't.

Everything else I agree with. But either way, I think his site has been been dealt a fatal blow (both by David's failure to act and by Morrissey's actions) from which it can never recover - except as a Moz-knocking site, which arguably it had already become.

Dear MORRISSEY: Always on your side. That's what friends are supposed to do. Hey there Boz, Matt, Simon & Jesse. Best to you all & continued successes...cheers all Molly & David insane diego

Making throwaway snide comments about Madonna and Michael Bublé is hardly the same thing as mounting a sustained campaign of hatred on a daily basis, extending over years, which Morrissey has never done

I guess when you were reading those good points you missed the one at the end about Mike Joyce.

Morrissey has been trolling Mike Joyce since the 80's.

I guess when you were reading those good points you missed the one at the end about Mike Joyce.

Morrissey has been trolling Mike Joyce since the 80's.

You're insane. How many aliases do you have?

yes, it's perfectly ok to eject david or anyone because under the terms and conditions stated clearly on the back of every concert ticket, "the management/venue/artist reserve the right to refuse admission" so your argument kind of falls down right there, i'm afraid. though i would agree that joyce was one of the many victims of this site along with moz/band/ex-smiths/julia/other solo users. its a hate site and david should not have let it get into this state, he only has himself to blame now. and to all the people saying "goodbye moz etc" well i'm sure he'll be gutted. not that it will affect his gigs selling out immediately or anything remotely serious.

You, sir, are not thinking clearly. The fact that the 'Terms and Conditions' says it (allegedly - I have seen no proof yet) doesn't automatically make it 'OK.' If Mozza decided to eject all Chinese-looking people or all women, that too would meet the TOS but it would be illegal. Likewise, ejewcting David might meet the TOS but it is immoral. That is because David has been ripped off. He might have saved up for 50 weeks to see Mozza, and Mozza repaid him by sticking the knife in.

Sorry but his career is now on a downward spiral. No deal, no great outcry from his fans (unlike in 2004) because we can all see he's now in a middle aged rockstar rut, and his fans are leaving in droves.

I love the artiste (as he calls himself) Morrissey, but more asinine than Mozza's recent behaviour is the propensity of the more juvenile elements on this site to agree with his appalling behaviour.

Some good points here, but -

Making throwaway snide comments about Madonna and Michael Bublé is hardly the same thing as mounting a sustained campaign of hatred on a daily basis, extending over years, which Morrissey has never done, but which David T has facilitated by failing to curb the trolls on this site. And by failing to do so, because free speech is cherished above all, then nobody can complain when Morrissey exercises his own right to free speech by wearing a T shirt, as well as his legal right to disallow people into gigs (ticket t&c) regardless of how much money they've spent (irrelevant). To suggest that there should be one rule for David and another for Morrissey is plain dumb - either this is an issue of free speech (in which case the playing field should be level) or it isn't.

Everything else I agree with. But either way, I think his site has been been dealt a fatal blow (both by David's failure to act and by Morrissey's actions) from which it can never recover - except as a Moz-knocking site, which arguably it had already become.

Oh come on. It's the same principle. You could just see Morrissey on the morrisseysworld blog saying what you said above. "One cnanot bear this constant onslaught from the public - you're past it, you're old, your band are useless. Oh woe is me. Now may I just add I think that Buble chap is meaningless and McDonna needs to get a f***ing life."

The free speech thing I accept. But Morrissey has cost David a large sum of money due to the way he has handled this matter. He owes David at least a few hundred dollars and I won't rest until Mozza pays up. (shame david doesn't seem bothered enough to comment).

If Mozza had said, "david is no longer welcome at my shows" BEFORE he purchased tickets, paid for flights and hotels and arrived the venue - fine. I have said as much in other threads. It is Morrissey's right to sing to people he wants to sing to, not someone he despises.

But he cannot just behave with a blithe and disgustingly vulgar disregard for the feelings of others - and the wallets of others.

This is the kind of thing one might expect from Sir Elton John or someone like that, rather than a supposedly sensitive artiste.

Oh come on. It's the same principle. You could just see Morrissey on the morrisseysworld blog saying what you said above. "One cnanot bear this constant onslaught from the public - you're past it, you're old, your band are useless. Oh woe is me. Now may I just add I think that Buble chap is meaningless and McDonna needs to get a f***ing life."

The free speech thing I accept. But Morrissey has cost David a large sum of money due to the way he has handled this matter. He owes David at least a few hundred dollars and I won't rest until Mozza pays up. (shame david doesn't seem bothered enough to comment).

If Mozza had said, "david is no longer welcome at my shows" BEFORE he purchased tickets, paid for flights and hotels and arrived the venue - fine. I have said as much in other threads. It is Morrissey's right to sing to people he wants to sing to, not someone he despises.

But he cannot just behave with a blithe and disgustingly vulgar disregard for the feelings of others - and the wallets of others.

This is the kind of thing one might expect from Sir Elton John or someone like that, rather than a supposedly sensitive artiste.

Seriously, why do you care? Maybe you need to take a step away from the internet and go outside to get some fresh air. You won't rest until he pays up? Why are you so concerned about some nobody who runs an internet fansite? Don't you have more important things going on in your life than campaigning for 'David'?

You knuckle dragging troglodyte, here is the paradox... you, and the other negative posters on here, despite all your campaigning for 'David', if Morrissey came to play in a town near you tomorrow, you'd be up at the front row crying and screaming like a little girl, hand outstretched, hoping for a brush of the hand from Lord Morrissey.

If you truly didn't care for Morrissey and his music anymore, YOU WOULDN'T BE HERE. You'd store away or give away all your Morrissey memorabilia and you wouldn't give the man another thought. But you, none of you, have any intention of doing that. You confused little boy, full of hatred and aggression for no conceivable reason.

Go get that fresh air and give your keyboard and blood pressure a rest.

Sincerely yours,
Anon.

"The person responsible for the cripplingly unfunny fake 'Morrissey' blog is Walter Ego, failed journalist, friend of Uncleskinny (surprise surprise) and all round Tseng arse-licker on the forums.
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/members/7515-Walter-Ego"

www.twitter.com/banjaxer
www.twitter.com/morrisseysmum
http://twitter.com/banjaxer/status/90528926841044992

I also suspect this is the asshole who call himself "Theo" at www.allyouneedismorrissey.com, where he is spreading his hatred as well ...

If you see this retard: "- We dont want you here."

Troll post.

" The person responsible for the cripplingly unfunny fake 'Morrissey' blog is Walter Ego, failed journalist, friend of Uncleskinny (surprise surprise) and all round Tseng arse-licker on the forums.
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/members/7515-Walter-Ego (Theo. C. Coupier)

Twittering on:
www.twitter.com/banjaxer

Here he admits (braves about) thats he is the one bullying Morrissey on Morrissey-solo.com:

http://twitter.com/banjaxer/status/90528926841044992 "

Troll post.

" The person responsible for the cripplingly unfunny fake 'Morrissey' blog is Walter Ego, failed journalist, friend of Uncleskinny (surprise surprise) and all round Tseng arse-licker on the forums.”
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/members/7515-Walter-Ego (Theo. C. Coupier)

Twittering on:
www.twitter.com/banjaxer

Here he admits (braves about) thats he is the one bullying Morrissey on Morrissey-solo.com:

http://twitter.com/banjaxer/status/90528926841044992

Troll post.

Seriously, why do you care? Maybe you need to take a step away from the internet and go outside to get some fresh air. You won't rest until he pays up? Why are you so concerned about some nobody who runs an internet fansite? Don't you have more important things going on in your life than campaigning for 'David'?

You knuckle dragging troglodyte, here is the paradox... you, and the other negative posters on here, despite all your campaigning for 'David', if Morrissey came to play in a town near you tomorrow, you'd be up at the front row crying and screaming like a little girl, hand outstretched, hoping for a brush of the hand from Lord Morrissey.

If you truly didn't care for Morrissey and his music anymore, YOU WOULDN'T BE HERE. You'd store away or give away all your Morrissey memorabilia and you wouldn't give the man another thought. But you, none of you, have any intention of doing that. You confused little boy, full of hatred and aggression for no conceivable reason.

Go get that fresh air and give your keyboard and blood pressure a rest.

Sincerely yours,
Anon.

I would reply. But I smell Paul.

It's an interesting paradox isn't it? On one hand they say this is not a fan site and this sites doesn't matter to Mozza, and on the other they say everyone who comes here to love or hate Mozza must be a fan and would in the front row tomorrow given the opportunity. Confused thinking!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom