Helsingborg cancelled

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2011 (read-only)' started by Emil, Jul 14, 2011.

By Emil on Jul 14, 2011 at 1:40 PM
  1. Emil

Emil A Burnt Child

The gig in Helsingborg has been cancelled due to rain.

Morran also sends the link:

Morrisseys konsert inställd - hd.se
    Kvällens konsert med Morrissey på Sundspärlan i Helsingborg är inställd på grund av regnet.

Update 6:31 PT:
    Morran mentions an update to the article on hd.se - Morrissey decided to cancel the show, the promoter wanted it to go ahead as gigs in the rain have been played on the same stage without any major problems.

See also:
    Press release regarding Morrissey concert date in Helsingborg - true-to-you.net
    14 July 2011

Due to severe weather conditions the open air concert at Helsingborg (July 14th) is unable to take place for reasons of public and artiste safety.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2011 (read-only)' started by Emil, Jul 14, 2011.

1. LhpT
      LhpT
      The blog and the blogger are crap.
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Thursday, 14 July 2011
      Feeling better

I just wanted to let you know I'm feeling much better. The IBS cramps have gone. And the weather's lovely this evening, so I'm heading off for a veggie curry with Boz.
      Posted by Morrissey at 10:07 0 comments

Apologies

I have just been informed by my management that Helsingborg is, in fact, in Sweden and not Iceland. It's a shame the b******s didn't tell me earlier, because it's not even raining here in Sweden! Well not much anyway...

Still, I fancy a lie in. Right, well, I don't want to take up any more of your valuable time with another excuse for my existential despair...

Morrissey
      Posted by Morrissey at 06:46 2 comments

Hehehe
    3. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Rabies from dog bite means you fear water!
    4. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      The irony of the posts (probably by the the same person) saying anyone who doesn't laugh at the Morrissey fake blog has a "sense of humour bypass".

Yes we get it, you write a blog... drum roll... pretending to be someone else!!! HILARIOUS!

You'll get bored soon (please don't let this be wishful thinking).
    5. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Morrissey chose to cancel for no other reason than being offered more money to play in Solna outside Stockholm before the members of "Headlong into harm" that has been mentioned before. The gig is tonight but is for members only and I just got an email confirming it.
    6. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      It hasn't rained since lunch. It was raining when the gig was cancelled, but right now it wouldn't be any problem at all to go on stage. I live in Helsingborg.
    7. mywar
      mywar
      Third Moz show I've had cancelled. Sucks, but what can you do? It's the price of being a Morrissey fan. As usual, most of the people whining probably weren't going in the first place, and having a Morrissey gig cancelled can comfortably be filed under 'first world problems.'
    8. Anonymous
      Anonymous
    9. whirlwind
      whirlwind
      Ofcourse. Haha.
    10. Anonymous
      Anonymous
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Fuck off... I´m a long-time fan and live 500m from the intimite venue. Some rain fell during the day, after 6pm (concert at 8pm)not a single drop fell . Helsingborg is a small city and never have had names like Morrissey played here, it was almost like a dream that he was to play almost in my backyard. Many people I know have flewn in from all parts of Sweden - I have no words the express my feelings. This wasn´t about the rain, this was because Mr M didn´t feel like it...all the fans...the arrogant bastard. BYE
    12. Johnny Barleycorn
      Johnny Barleycorn
      Post the email... In the unlikely event you have it.
    13. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      excerpt from email:

"In response to your question I can confirm that he does indeed play in Solna tonight instead of Helsingborg. This will be his second gig playing exclusively for our members. The venue is of course a secret at this time and no cameras or mobile phones are allowed into the venue.

Dragan Milosevic
      HIH
    14. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Urban... please...
    15. CrystalGeezer
      CrystalGeezer
      Out of curiosity, who is Headlong Into Harm?
    16. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      The weather forcast predicted that the rain would stop during the evening and it hasn't been raining here in Helsingborg since about six o clock......Bollocks!
    17. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      You can file many things as "first wold" problems, so what? Does that meen that you should take shit and be contented? I was going to the show and it was going to be the hilight of my summer, and it hasn't been raining here all evening.
    18. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      So what if it's a "first world" problem? Are you saying that you only react to "third world" problems?! I was going to the show it was going to be a hilight of my summer. It hasn't beeb raining all night here and I'm seriously pissed of
    19. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      For anyone interested,tonights show was due to feature another new song.

It is a boorer/tobias composition called "duvet day"
    20. mywar
      mywar
      Anonymous: I don't really see how it's 'taking shit' when you find yourself in a situation you can't do anything about. I'm pissed off too, but then again, I've seen Morrissey a bunch of times (twice on this tour already), and will probably get more chances to do so (knock on wood). A lot of people have never seen him and never will. We missed out on what would probably have been a great show, wasted some time and money, and it sucks, but when it all comes down to it, we're pretty lucky regardless.