Help!

Barmelo

An Interesting Drug
Hello good people of Morrissey-Solo. I've been visiting this site and porousing the forums for the best part of a year (probably more) now and have only just signed up. I am a 'late comer', if you will, to the world of Morrissey but have become transfixed with the man ever since.
Anyway, I am in need of help fellow Moz fans. I have been invited to a 'fancy dress' party in mid-April and, being a massive fan of Morrissey (amongst other things e.g. bets I won't do it) I want to go dressed as the man himself, "but I haven't got a stitch to wear" (sorry, I had to) I was wondering if anyone here could help me out with my dilemma?

Thanks, Anthony

A suggestion in here :p

Ooops, I accidentally posted a wrong link, it's modified now.

Last edited:
Hello good people of Morrissey-Solo. I've been visiting this site and porousing the forums for the best part of a year (probably more) now and have only just signed up. I am a 'late comer', if you will, to the world of Morrissey but have become transfixed with the man ever since.
Anyway, I am in need of help fellow Moz fans. I have been invited to a 'fancy dress' party in mid-April and, being a massive fan of Morrissey (amongst other things e.g. bets I won't do it) I want to go dressed as the man himself, "but I haven't got a stitch to wear" (sorry, I had to) I was wondering if anyone here could help me out with my dilemma?

Thanks, Anthony

I did this a few years ago. it's simple.
Quiff up the hair if you can (I could at the time, but unable to now:o).
Get a beaded necklace, plastic national health glasses and a bunch of plastic daffs for your back pocket. Oh and a hearing aid.:guitar:
A baggy style 80's shirt and jeans and you are there.

Jukebox Jury

Thanks for the help.

The only problem I'm going to have is the quiffing. The party is on the 17th and it's unlikely i'll have the hair long enough to do it, but i'll try.
The 80's style shirt might be a problem too, anyone have any idea where I might be able to find one.
Looking for some plastic gladioli too, hope I can find some.
Might post some pics when done, i'll look like a nob but it'll be worth it :)

Thanks for the help.

The only problem I'm going to have is the quiffing. The party is on the 17th and it's unlikely i'll have the hair long enough to do it, but i'll try.
The 80's style shirt might be a problem too, anyone have any idea where I might be able to find one.
Looking for some plastic gladioli too, hope I can find some.
Might post some pics when done, i'll look like a nob but it'll be worth it :)

For the shirt, nip down to Afflecks Palace

Jukebox Jury

For the hair, get an elvis wig. But then that begs the question... why not just save all the hassle and go as elvis in the first place? i guarantee at least 3 other people at the "party" will.

Fair enough, I was thinking that 'fresh' Gladioli would look better actually. Will definitely be heading down to Aflecks, I thought they might have something actually.

Try a florist on the morning of the "party"

What's with the quotes, this really is a party y'know. I don't just do this for kicks, I haven't got a Moz fetish or something :)

And so you should. The party is tomorrow and i've got everything except for the glasses and hearing aid. Will go into town tomorrow to see if I can find anything. Cheers for all the help people.

'fancy dress' party

In the US a "fancy dress" party means you dress up.. suit and tie for guys, dresses for girls.

Is there some weird translation in England where this means a costume party?

I wouldn't call going as Moz circa 1984 as dressing up.
Dressing like Moz circa 2009 on the other hand could be.

Am I missing something here?

In the US a "fancy dress" party means you dress up.. suit and tie for guys, dresses for girls.

Is there some weird translation in England where this means a costume party?

I wouldn't call going as Moz circa 1984 as dressing up.
Dressing like Moz circa 2009 on the other hand could be.

Am I missing something here?

What we call a fancy dress party, you call a costume party. Same thing though. Like courgettes and zuchinnis. Jelly and jam. Piss and Dr. Pepper.

What we call a fancy dress party, you call a costume party. Same thing though. Like courgettes and zuchinnis. Jelly and jam. Piss and Dr. Pepper.

I would have thought you'd have gone with Piss and Budweiser.

I would have thought you'd have gone with Piss and Budweiser.

Budweiser is alright. Well, it tastes alright but the effect it has on me isn't. Last time I got pissed on Budweiser I woke up the next day to find the TV smashed and a broken table in the living room. Drinking that stuff, it's no wonder you Americans are so confrontational, loud and violent. I'll stick to Tennent's, thank you very much.

Budweiser is alright. Well, it tastes alright but the effect it has on me isn't. Last time I got pissed on Budweiser I woke up the next day to find the TV smashed and a broken table in the living room. Drinking that stuff, it's no wonder you Americans are so confrontational, loud and violent. I'll stick to Tennent's, thank you very much.

I tend to drink bourbon, scotch and irish whiskey. The worst that usually happens is I wake up with no pants on.

Tags
bud ftw costume fancy dress manchester morrissey
Back
Top Bottom