Help with e-bay

Musley

wild and free
I've never bought anything on e-bay before but am bidding for Oasis tickets at the moment. I keep getting outbid right at the last minute. Is there a knack to this bidding or is it just pure luck that you manage to win your item?
Cany anyone help me on this?

Fast internet connection is the trick to it. That and mind control, if you've got any of that at your disposal.

Pro tip: Wait until the last minute just like the other guys do.
The price won't go up from your early bidding and if you win at the last second you'll make the other guy mad. :cool:
You could also put in an obscenely high bid, but that requires obscene amounts of money.

Fast internet connection is the trick to it. That and mind control, if you've got any of that at your disposal.

Pro tip: Wait until the last minute just like the other guys do.
The price won't go up from your early bidding and if you win at the last second you'll make the other guy mad. :cool:
You could also put in an obscenely high bid, but that requires obscene amounts of money.

So when the minute sign comes up just bung a decent bid in and hope for the best?

So when the minute sign comes up just bung a decent bid in and hope for the best?

Essentially. Depends on the activity of yer item, really. Oasis tickets are going to require divine intervention.
Auction sniping is good times, I do it for my brother often. Him and his damn comic books.

I've never bought anything on e-bay before but am bidding for Oasis tickets at the moment. I keep getting outbid right at the last minute. Is there a knack to this bidding or is it just pure luck that you manage to win your item?

Hi Musley..

If you set yourself a top price that you are prepared to pay, stick to it - and only bid once, and as late as possible. Bidding early just sets you up to be shot at so to speak.
Alternatively, just do as I do. I contact the seller with a question - quite often the seller will reply to a question and allow you to reply directly to their e-mail address (this is done by ticking a privacy box), this then allows you to make an offer to them directly, without eBay being notified. Often it is in the interest of the seller to end their auction early, and sell to a private buyer... they save on eBay fees and have a quick sale at a price they are happy with.
It's sort of against the rules, but hey... :rolleyes:

Essentially. Depends on the activity of yer item, really. Oasis tickets are going to require divine intervention.
Auction sniping is good times, I do it for my brother often. Him and his damn comic books.

You are not kidding, they are like rocking horse shit. I might end up paying a lot on those Buy Now items. But at the moment they want £300 plus for two tickets. Is it worth it, you ask yourself?

..or alternatively.. turn up at any gig on the day (last minute) and tickets will probably be available via the touts at a lot less that £150 each!
I've done it at Morrissey gigs.. there are always tickets.

http://www.auctionsniper.com

It's what most of the winners are using .

I'd recommend you to check gumtree.
Sellers are decent, ask to pay face value of the tickets.

Back
Top Bottom