Help w book title

A

Anonymous

Hi hoping for some assistance.... I read a fiction book about 15 yrs ago....it was about a teen/young adult who took a trip by bus I think to cleepthope/grimsby he was obsessed w the Smiths /Morissey so a lot of quoted lyrics references etc I am trying to find author /tittle to reread.

Thx in advance

Hi hoping for some assistance.... I read a fiction book about 15 yrs ago....it was about a teen/young adult who took a trip by bus I think to cleepthope/grimsby he was obsessed w the Smiths /Morissey so a lot of quoted lyrics references etc I am trying to find author /tittle to reread.

Thx in advance
That would be Willy Russell's 'The Wrong Boy' - can't recommend it enough.
I've sung its praises here many times and it's worth having in a book collection.
https://www.amazon.com/WRONG-BOY-Willy-Russell/dp/0552996459/

"Russell's hapless teenage anti-hero, Raymond Marks, writes a series of long letters to his own hero, the cult musician Morrissey, in which he recounts the bizarre, hilarious and terrible story of his life.
Raymond grows up in an ordinary Northern town, Failsworth, within an ordinary dysfunctional family, and life might have gone on being boringly normal if it were not for a dirty little fly-trapping game Raymond and his school friends devise on the banks of the canal.

Then Raymond is plunged into the murky waters of apparent abnormality, and swiftly identifies himself as 'the wrong boy' of the title. It's a desperate, poignant metaphor for all those who fail to fit in, and fail and fail again - although their worth may be considerable."

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom