Help save "Coach & Horses" pub on Sunset!

http://www.latimes.com/features/food/la-fo-0729coachandhorses-20100729,0,697902.story

Back in the day, the days around post Your Arsenal pre Vauxhall, I met Morrissey at this pub with JAKE. Back then his LA popularity was at FEVER PITCH! So to go neck a few beers without the fanfare, he'd tuck himself into this tiny little pub on Sunset, called "Ye Coach & Horses". After my chance encounter with the man himself there, I decided to go back a few days after and to see if he'd turn up again. After a while, I started to have a chat with one of the bartenders. This guy was very cool, gave me a free beer, and told me Morrissey and his friend (Jake) frequented this pub from time to time (I guess when he would be touring or staying in L.A.)
This pub has a very cozy feel to it, and its very dark, with a cool jukebox. I cant help but wonder to myself how this place probably inspired some of Morrissey's Vauxhall work....Now they plan to shut it down. Please take the time to visit the link and try to help save this Hollywood Landmark.

http://www.latimes.com/features/food/la-fo-0729coachandhorses-20100729,0,697902.story

Back in the day, the days around post Your Arsenal pre Vauxhall, I met Morrissey at this pub with JAKE. Back then his LA popularity was at FEVER PITCH! So to go neck a few beers without the fanfare, he'd tuck himself into this tiny little pub on Sunset, called "Ye Coach & Horses". After my chance encounter with the man himself there, I decided to go back a few days after and to see if he'd turn up again. After a while, I started to have a chat with one of the bartenders. This guy was very cool, gave me a free beer, and told me Morrissey and his friend (Jake) frequented this pub from time to time (I guess when he would be touring or staying in L.A.)
This pub has a very cozy feel to it, and its very dark, with a cool jukebox. I cant help but wonder to myself how this place probably inspired some of Morrissey's Vauxhall work....Now they plan to shut it down. Please take the time to visit the link and try to help save this Hollywood Landmark.

oh was it when rogan did the book signing in 1993 in l.a.?do you went here as well?

I met Morrissey at this pub with JAKE. .

Ooooooooooh, Sexxxxxxxxxxay.:cool:

Sounds a bit like cockroaches though.

":boxing:"

So Jake's the "happier with horses" type too then? :) Lerverlay!

edit: ... :eek: The dastardly owner seems totally impervious to the fact that Morrissey and Jake used to neck there...Wow, what a mean bastard eh. But what's new. French can be very difficult.

:lbf:

Last edited:
oh was it when rogan did the book signing in 1993 in l.a.?do you went here as well?

Yup, it was that very night in 1993. Id been at the rogan booksoup signing, then met Moz and Jake across the street at Tower Records. about 30mn later Im driving home on Sunset and spot them coming out the pub. FANTASTIC night. Were you there aswell? Some folks took pics that night, Id LOVELOVE LOVE to see some.

Yup, it was that very night in 1993. Id been at the rogan booksoup signing, then met Moz and Jake across the street at Tower Records. about 30mn later Im driving home on Sunset and spot them coming out the pub. FANTASTIC night. Were you there aswell? Some folks took pics that night, Id LOVELOVE LOVE to see some.
no im not from the US and at that year I was a mere PRE- teen
..with as well meaning if you went there as well beside the pub. i didnt meant me with "as well") i vaguely remember you mentioned domeone did shot a pic of you and never sent you the pic right? ...or sth like that?
is the pub english styled like cat and fiddle?
so how did the meet go in the pub? were you all nervous and just quickly let him sign sth or did you got a chance to talk to him about stuff?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom