Help Me With Tomorrow's Dinner

One of Mrs. NRitH's childhood friends came from an Appalachian family. The first time I joined them for dinner, they made a special vegetarian dish just for me. It was something like a plate heaped with slices of white bread dipped in eggs, then baked in one big mound. I had to suppress a massive gag reflex and thanked them for thinking of me. :sick:

hmm sounds a bit like bread and butter pudding

Cypriot mashed potatoes are very nice, easy enough... just mashed potatoes with milk if you want and olive oil and lemon juice and then whatever vegetables you want...:p

If anyone's interested, I made Mr Smiths's suggested spinach/pasta and it was lovely, definetly keeping that recipe. Thank you everyone :)

If anyone's interested, I made Mr Smiths's suggested spinach/pasta and it was lovely, definetly keeping that recipe. Thank you everyone :)

Oh, yum. Thanks, I'll have to try that.

Glad you are happy & full, virtie. :) The quickest way to someone's heart is through their stomach! ;)

The quickest way to someone's heart is through their stomach! ;)

I think I'll have to go for skimpy underwear or something as my cooking is nowhere near good enough to be inflicted upon someone else :p
But at least I know I can rely on you lot to teach me how to cook!

You're not talking to me, right? :p

I was going to give you a recipe for a bean soup...garbanzo and black beans, tomato soup, green pepper & onion. Sound any good to you? It's super easy and yummy, especially the next day.

I think I'll have to go for skimpy underwear or something as my cooking is nowhere near good enough to be inflicted upon someone else :p

Practice is the solution to be a good cook. ;)

You're not talking to me, right? :p

I was going to give you a recipe for a bean soup...garbanzo and black beans, tomato soup, green pepper & onion. Sound any good to you? It's super easy and yummy, especially the next day.

Come on, I'm sure in a dire situation I could rely on your culinary skills :p

They all sound good! Believe me, after all that student food anything sounds divine....post them here

Spicy Bean Soup:
In vegetable oil -over medium heat, cook a 1/2 cup chopped green pepper and a 1/2 cup chopped onion for 5 minutes (sometimes I skip cooking that and use chopped -dried- onion and throw in raw, chopped peppers) Add 1 can of chick peas, 1 can of black beans, 1 can of tomato soup, 1 can of water, 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce and 1/8 tsp of hot sauce. Heat to boiling and stew for 5 mins.

We eat ours with shredded cheese on top and tortilla chips on the side. I always throw Frank's Hot Sauce on top. LOVE that sauce on EVERYTHING! And you can imagine what a Mexican-type delish dish it is the next day and the next. I always double the recipe for leftovers and cuz it's an easy one we all love, even the kids.

Oh, I forgot about this one (I haven't made it in a long time...I've been w/o stove for 8 mos! But it's back....:cool:) It's my step-Mom's recipe. Another quick, easy and fam favorite. Covers all the food groups, too.

Five Layer Casserole

1 lb of *ground beef, *ground turkey, *meat substitute :p
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 can of french cut green beens, drained
1 package of tater tots
Cheese slices

Brown the beef, layer ingredients in the order given in a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

I use a smaller pan and add some milk to the soup (before layering). I think I have it perfected. :D Can you can tell I'm not a cook...just a working mother. :o;)

Tags
eat fruit
Back
Top Bottom