help me get THPGU played on local radio!

jaw.gif

duck.gif

You hate Steve don't you? :tears:
until he's had 22 pints ;) :D

new radio job.

so what did i end up playing? you ask That's How People Grow Up:guitar:
yeah take that kayne west and amy whinehouse:cool:

http://www.forth2.com/showdj.asp?DJID=19642

Here's the story. I am number crunching away in a poorly lit basement, god knows what the weather is like. The only reception I can get on my transistor radio is for the above station. I am campaigning to get the new Morrissey single played, but despite my repeated texts and e-mails, I have been met with silence.

Please click the above link and e-mail Arlene at Forth2 to tell her how good the single is and why she should play it. A mention that the Playhouse is sold out without much publicity maybe?

Thank you everybody!!

Done like a dinner.

Here's the story. I am number crunching away in a poorly lit basement, god knows what the weather is like. The only reception I can get on my transistor radio is for the above station. I am campaigning to get the new Morrissey single played, but despite my repeated texts and e-mails, I have been met with silence.

Please click the above link and e-mail Arlene at Forth2 to tell her how good the single is and why she should play it. A mention that the Playhouse is sold out without much publicity maybe?

Thank you everybody!!

I follow another artist in the US and when the fans started requesting his single we were told not to request his song because they couldn't play it. I was hoping the UK was better than over here. I guess payola is the same there too. :mad:

Sadly I cannot see Radio 1 playing it.

Lets all bombard Edith Bowman to play it!!I`m gonna email the station now.:D

They all seem to be playing Britney "bury me in a "y" shape coffin Spears latest crap offering continuously.I think its pure ageism myself.If you,re not 19 and spotty they don`t play it.Its so unfair because all it takes is a few plays to reel new fans in.

I'd shut the f*** up about Britney if I were you. Go listen to and study the words of 'Something Is Squeezing My Skull' before you mouth off about her again.

It amazes me that 'fans' of Morrissey really don't seem to listen to his words or, if they do, they're too clueless to connect them to anything or anyone else.

Do you think that SISMS is a 'joke'? Artifice? Empathy? Or diary entry? You can bet your worthless opinions on 'Piece of Me' (easily the best commentary on the destructive nature of Fame ever) that Morrissey is 'suddenly' entirely fascinated with 'Broccoli Spears' in exactly the same way he 'suddenly' found Kurt Cobain fascinating once he'd blown his brains out. You can be very sure he thinks 'That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore'. If he does: He's an absolute prat. Like you.

Frances Farmer will have her revenge on Seattle.

Leave Britney alone, or face my wrath. Believe me: You won't survive the ordeal. :mad:

If you want to step into the ring: Be my guest. It would be an amusing diversion to actually encounter a worthy opponent on this site. To date no such person seems to exist. Anyone feeling brave?

I could do with a laugh.

And just remember: I post under my real legal name. I don't hide behind a pseudo-anonymous I.D. Why? Because I never gave a f***, I still don't give a f***. And I never will give a f***.

So Hellie, back off bitch. Male or female. Or I'll bitch slap you round this prison-cell till you can't think your way out of a paper bag.
No more Mr Nice Guy. Not that I ever was.

I'd shut the f*** up about Britney if I were you. Go listen to and study the words of 'Something Is Squeezing My Skull' before you mouth off about her again.

It amazes me that 'fans' of Morrissey really don't seem to listen to his words or, if they do, they're too clueless to connect them to anything or anyone else.

Do you think that SISMS is a 'joke'? Artifice? Empathy? Or diary entry? You can bet your worthless opinions on 'Piece of Me' (easily the best commentary on the destructive nature of Fame ever) that Morrissey is 'suddenly' entirely fascinated with 'Broccoli Spears' in exactly the same way he 'suddenly' found Kurt Cobain fascinating once he'd blown his brains out. You can be very sure he thinks 'That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore'. If he does: He's an absolute prat. Like you.

Frances Farmer will have her revenge on Seattle.

Leave Britney alone, or face my wrath. Believe me: You won't survive the ordeal. :mad:

If you want to step into the ring: Be my guest. It would be an amusing diversion to actually encounter a worthy opponent on this site. To date no such person seems to exist. Anyone feeling brave?

I could do with a laugh.

And just remember: I post under my real legal name. I don't hide behind a pseudo-anonymous I.D. Why? Because I never gave a f***, I still don't give a f***. And I never will give a f***.

So Hellie, back off bitch. Male or female. Or I'll bitch slap you round this prison-cell till you can't think your way out of a paper bag.
No more Mr Nice Guy. Not that I ever was.

Britney's mental illness has nothing to do with the fact that her music sucks. Part of her problem is that she went farther than her abilities. She never had a normal childhood and lacks a sufficient education to understand when she should listen to people who can help her. Part of her problem is she's a spoiled BRAT.

Too bad the truly talented musicians haven't received near the attention and radio airplay that Britney the brain dead bimbo's gotten. There are so many others who should be heard because they actually have something to say and can even sing.

Last edited:

Thank you everybody!!

Done it buddy. Don't know who or what or how or where this radio station is and who the presenter is, nor do i know how to listen to this station, but i did it.

And your damn right, at least your trying to DO SOMETHING. Good on you :)

Britney's mental illness has nothing to do with the fact that her music sucks. Part of her problem is that she went farther than her abilities. She never had a normal childhood and lacks a sufficient education to understand when she should listen to people who can help her. Part of her problem is she's a spoiled BRAT.

Too bad the truly talented musicians from Louisiana didn't get near the attention and radio airplay that Britney the brain dead bimbo's gotten. She had the unmitigated gall to tell the good and decent people here that they were too redneck for her. At least the rednecks here know to wear underwear when going out, even the mentally ill ones.

It's your opinion that her music 'sucks'. Mental illness does not necessarily follow on from either mediocrity or artistic brilliance. Have you heard of Vincent Van Gogh? Are you a psychologist/psychiatrist, other than the armchair variety?

As for her 'abilities': Since when did you become an arbiter of cultural significance and importance, Stephk817? How do you assess that she has 'exceeded' her potential? What credentials are you offering? Who are these people who Britney should have been listening to? Her manager who has been implicated in drugging and systematically denigrating and abusing her?

Are you seriously suggesting Morrissey had a 'normal childhood'? Are you seriously suggesting that Morrissey has any verifiable 'sufficient education'? If so, what, other than a few basic qualifications? I can assure you his 'formal education' was basic in the extreme. The achievement or lack of such education is hardly a pre-condition for artistic or personal achievement. Or for understanding existential dilemmas. The world is full of high-level intellectual over-achievers who couldn't handle casual conversation at a cocktail party. Or make a sensible post on an internet forum. What level of educational achievement have you attained?

There's entirely plausible anecdotal and evidential audit trails to level the accusation of 'spoilt BRAT' at Morrissey. Just ask some of the disappointed ticket holders for recent cancelled shows in the U.K.
I don't agree with their pique but I do see why some of them call Morrissey a spoilt brat. At Doncaster he was haughty and aloof, to put it mildly.

You refer to 'the truly talented musicians from Louisiana' yet fail to name any. Are you referring to Rockin Dopsie? Rockin Dopsie Jnr and The Zydeco Twisters? Other Cajun/Bayou luminaries? Allen Toussaint? Or am I just supposed to accept your statement as authoritative? Well, I don't.

When you call Britney a 'brain dead bimbo' you surrender any pretence of rational discussion and credibility. You fail to distinguish her personal failings from the evil machinations of the PaparNazi regime. You are simply not credible as a witness for the culture of Louisiana, even if you live there. I'm not impressed in the slightest.

When you refer to 'the rednecks here' it's obvious you regard yourself as part of a superior class to 'them'. It's stunningly arrogant of you to then propose that you can speak on their behalf. Having spent many happy raucous evenings in Baton Rouge and New Orleans: I have seen many residents of your state minus their underwear.

It depends, I suppose, whether you think drinking a bottle of bourbon and being shagged by me on humid streets with your pants around your ankles is 'normal' behaviour. Or a sign of 'mental illness'.

I like the culture, humour and cuisine of 'The Deep South'. I look forward to visiting again soon. But I don't think an ingenue from Kentwood should be thrown on a funeral pyre of 'fame' just to fulfill popular blood lust. Plus, I expect Britney to ditch Adnan soon and find the real 'Brummie Boy' to keep her warm at night. Me.

You are no match for me. But bonus points for having the balls to give it a go.

Oh, any smart arse fc-ukers who want to comment on the 'brevity' of my posts on your precious group-therapy Forums: Go piss on a live railway line.

Next.:rolleyes:

Get over yourself. You really have overreacted to both Hellie's and my post. I simply responded when you went off on Hellie. If you would go back and look you will see that I had edited my post quite a bit. I have had three long posts answering your post and I've lost them every time. I take that as a sign to drop it.

Hellie mentioned she wished the radio station would stop playing her music. I agree with her. If crap music was not overplayed there would be plenty of slots to play much better music, like Morrissey. Britney's music sucks royally. She's over produced, too nasally, affected and is talentless. She does not write her own music and doesn't play an instrument. Britney wouldn't be where she is without pro-tools, autotune and backing tracks. She can't even lip sync well anymore. Her voice is shot. She can't sing live anymore.

Britney is spoiled because everyone who is in her family has been financially beholden to her and therefore no one told her no when she needed to hear it. If she gave a damn about her babies and herself she would be compliant with treatment.

She does have choices and the means to get her act together. She's been hospitalized twice in the last month. She is a BRAT because she is refusing treatment. She has to want treatment before she can get better. If she would simply go away for a couple years, get her life together and focus on the important things she could turn things around but at this time she is refusing to do what needs to be done.

As far as Morrissey, he can be a brat or a diva if he wants because he actually WRITES HIS OWN LYRICS and is a well respected artist. He has written his own lyrics longer than Britney's been alive. That girl hasn't actually created any art. She's just been a puppet created by the record label. She's part of the problem with the music industry.

Now back to the topic: MORRISSEY getting airplay!

Last edited:
stephk817: You'll have to do better than that!

‘Get over yourself’? Why would I want to do that when my ‘self’ is perfection? Looking a fool in your eyes or the eyes of Hellie is a fine compliment. I would be alarmed to appear as anything else to such cowards who shoot at helpless fish in a barrel, i.e. Britney. You are entitled to your opinion of Britney as a ‘skank’ and as devoid of musical talent. It’s an entirely lazy, conventional and unoriginal view of her situation, and I’m not impressed. You’re hardly a heavyweight thinker on culture. Unlike me.

Why are you such a pathetic snob? What’s wrong with living in a trailer if you’re a low income American? Wouldn’t you be better off using your ’brains’ to change the disgraceful situation post-Katrina in Louisiana than ringing radio stations to get a Morrissey track played?

You raised politics so don’t try and wriggle out. I’ve met citizens of your state who would throw you to the crocs for calling them ’low class, trailer trash, redneck’. You claim you have manners. Not the Southern grace and manners I’ve encountered in your state. Living in Louisiana all your life doesn’t mean you’re intelligent or well-mannered by default. And I’ve never visited during Mardi Gras, I don’t do fake tourist jamborees. I’m into nitty-gritty real life, good and bad. I’m not some credulous fool wandering around The French Quarter in a tour party. The same way not all American visitors to Britain parade sheep-like from London to Statford-on-Avon to Edinburgh.

Having visited your amazing country, I’m sadly aware of the parlous state of American radio. I know Morrissey may get played on College stations and that’s about it. Suggesting there’s any link between Morrissey’s lack of airplay in the States and the surfeit of Britney’s exposure is fatuous in the extreme. Britney is on permanent rotation in the hope and expectation that she will shortly kill herself. No other reason. What does that say about American (and British) radio culture?

In England, Morrissey has as good a shot as anyone else. He’s high-profile on T.V, in print, and on radio. Our stations aren’t as fragmented and one-dimensional as the ClearChannel conspiracy. Rock, rap, metal and indie are seamlessly mixed on many stations. Name a station in Louisiana where I can tune into such a melange? Or one where I can sample the many interesting local talents you were patient enough to include in your reply.

In any event, with WebRadio and Sirius, conventional U.S radio is becoming increasingly irrelevant other than as an soundtrack to the next Wal-Mart trek. Just look at their profits decline. I know far more about your state and country than you pre-suppose so don’t bother trying to pull rank on me about American culture.

FYI, there’s some debate about Morrissey’s lip-synch failure on the latest Jools Holland broadcast of LOTFIP, so don’t step on a minefield and blow yourself up.

Your lack of education and understanding of complex mental health dilemmas such as Bi-Polar Disorder reveals your further ignorance. It’s not as simple as ‘loving your babies’ and ‘complying to treatment’ when your mind is in disarray.

And, for your info: I suffer from this condition. And I’m an expert patient.

If you’re such a Morrissey ‘fan’ you might like to listen to the words of ‘Something Is Squeezing My Skull’. He may also find it difficult to ‘comply to treatment’ if the song is a valid diary entry. There is every ‘excuse’ for her ‘outlandish behaviour’. It’s entirely symptomatic of her illness. You just don’t know what you are talking about. Full stop.

Britney is addicted to her Fame. Isn’t Morrissey? Doesn’t he openly state and glorify his addiction? Hasn’t he always? Join up the dots before you have another go at knocking me off my pedestal. There’s no-one here, or on this planet, who can do so.

And I don’t defer to anyone on this Forum just because they’re ‘Senior Members’ who have made 10,000 posts. Probably nearly all ridiculous, inane and self-serving advertisements for their own intellectual paucity.

Britney wrote the lyrics to ‘Piece of Me’ and is a well-respected artist. By me and many millions of other people. She was a puppet as a child/teenager. Now she’s rebelling. That’s why she’s so fascinating. If she survives she’ll be worshipped for her courage and strength in taking on her hangers-on , her managers and the paparnazi press. In that respect, she has far more in common with Morrissey than you seem to be able to grasp.

‘Playing instruments’ as a sign of artistic credibility? Presumably you regard Kraftwerk and Hot Chip as ‘inauthentic’? Oh dear……Not only are you not in the same baseball park as me, you’re not even on the same planet.

I wish you well in getting Morrissey played on your local radio stations. I just don’t accept that the vilification of Britney has any part to play in any such campaign. And I certainly don’t accept you as a cultured and mannered ambassador for Louisiana.

Have you read John Kennedy O’Toole? I wonder….

Re: stephk817: You'll have to do better than that!

I don't give a flip what you have to say from this point on. FYI I did share my education, work history with the severely mentally ill and my own bouts of dealing with major depression. I edited my post to remove my personal information because it isn't any of your business and was way off topic of the thread. I do not have to share my personal information with anyone here on this forum.

This is a Morrissey forum, therefore his music is the primary focus. I am sure Hellie and I are not the only members here who really don't like Britney's "music". She lip syncs all the time, even in her concerts. If you honestly believe she writes her own lyrics then I have a bridge to sell you.

You asked for some indie radio stations that play some of the local artists.

If you like jazz, blues, soul, funk, or whatever the dj is in the mood to play then this is your station. They have information on Jazz Fest which has an awesome lineup this year for those who like real live music. :cool:
http://www.wwoz.org/ontheair/programschedule/

The point of this thread is helping get Morrissey's new single on the radio. Back on topic...

Last edited:

I don't give a flip what you have to say from this point on. FYI I did share my education, work history with the severely mentally ill and my own bouts of dealing with major depression. I edited my post to remove my personal information because it isn't any of your business and was way off topic of the thread. I do not have to share my personal information with anyone here on this forum, especially a nutter like you.

This is a Morrissey forum, therefore his music is the primary focus. I am sure Hellie and I are not the only members here who really don't like Britney's "music". She lip syncs all the time, even in her concerts. If you honestly believe she writes her own lyrics then I have a bridge to sell you.

You asked for some indie radio stations that play some of the local artists.

If you like jazz, blues, soul, funk, or whatever the dj is in the mood to play then this is your station. They have information on Jazz Fest which has an awesome lineup this year for those who like real live music. :cool:
http://www.wwoz.org/ontheair/programschedule/

The point of this thread is helping get Morrissey's new single on the radio. Back on topic...

I didn't ask you for any personal information! Did I? I challenged your lazy analysis of Britney Spear's illness and the pointlessness of equating her excessive radio exposure with Morrissey's lack of it.

I don't give a shit whether anyone else here is an admirer of Britney Spears as an Artist. What I do mind is the gratuitous cruelty of revelling in the trials of a severely ill woman. If you have indeed experienced episodes of mental distress, you of all people should retain a dignified silence.

I've read the Slate article. It refers to Britney's 'puppet' era, not her 'Eat It, Lick It, Snort It, f*** It' rebellion era;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z87-A4wXnlA

Given your inability to rise to the challenge of a debate with me your online persona is more than sufficient detail for me.
There is both hypocrisy and deceit in your latest retort.
I severely question the ethics and validity of your supposed 'work history with the severely mentally ill' and 'my own bouts of dealing with major depression' when, in the very next sentence, your inept and sloppy use of language calling me a 'nutter' reveals an alarmingly slack grasp of the politics of language in relation to mental health issues.

Especially given that I self-disclosed as living with mental health challenges in my previous reply to you! I'd have a real think before you next shoot yourself in the foot with a hasty sloppy reply to me.
Oh, and if you don't 'give a flip' about what I think, retire in silence from this challenge and don't try to get the last word in. I have comprehensively trounced you. You are simply no match for me on any level. The more you write the more you incriminate yourself.
So just shut up.

Morrissey has a professional team of pluggers whose job it is to get him onto mainstream radio. If they're not doing their job no amount of whinging about Britney Spears will help in achieving that goal.

You could, of course, make up a sandwich board and wander round whatever part of Louisiana you hail from imploring passers-by to listen to Morrissey's new single. I'm sure that would be as effective as ringing/e-mailing a radio station whose playlists are centrally controlled by accountants and marketeers.

Anyone who knows anything about modern radio understands that the purpose is to maximise listeners for advertising revenue. The music is an irrelevant interlude whose only purpose is to gain more earholes for advertisers. The idea that they take notice of calls from listeners is a joke.

I'm the smartest kid on the block by a very long way. Trust me: You do yourself no favours by having a hissy fit in my presence. Retire gracefully and actually read what I have posted about Morrissey's dilemma in achieving radio play. I've been entirely 'on-topic' the whole time, except when I've been forced to detour by irrelevant sniping about other artists, such as Ms Britney Spears.

Thanks for the link to 'wwoz' and I look forward to delving further into your local culture. This isn't 'personal'. I'm sure you're a very nice person, but you're out of your depth with me, so I'd just back off.

It's Mooney, bitch....

I didn't ask you for any personal information! Did I? I challenged your lazy analysis of Britney Spear's illness and the pointlessness of equating her excessive radio exposure with Morrissey's lack of it.

I don't give a shit whether anyone else here is an admirer of Britney Spears as an Artist. What I do mind is the gratuitous cruelty of revelling in the trials of a severely ill woman. If you have indeed experienced episodes of mental distress, you of all people should retain a dignified silence.

I've read the Slate article. It refers to Britney's 'puppet' era, not her 'Eat It, Lick It, Snort It, f*** It' rebellion era;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z87-A4wXnlA

Given your inability to rise to the challenge of a debate with me your online persona is more than sufficient detail for me.
There is both hypocrisy and deceit in your latest retort.
I severely question the ethics and validity of your supposed 'work history with the severely mentally ill' and 'my own bouts of dealing with major depression' when, in the very next sentence, your inept and sloppy use of language calling me a 'nutter' reveals an alarmingly slack grasp of the politics of language in relation to mental health issues.

Especially given that I self-disclosed as living with mental health challenges in my previous reply to you! I'd have a real think before you next shoot yourself in the foot with a hasty sloppy reply to me.
Oh, and if you don't 'give a flip' about what I think, retire in silence from this challenge and don't try to get the last word in. I have comprehensively trounced you. You are simply no match for me on any level. The more you write the more you incriminate yourself.
So just shut up.

Morrissey has a professional team of pluggers whose job it is to get him onto mainstream radio. If they're not doing their job no amount of whinging about Britney Spears will help in achieving that goal.

You could, of course, make up a sandwich board and wander round whatever part of Louisiana you hail from imploring passers-by to listen to Morrissey's new single. I'm sure that would be as effective as ringing/e-mailing a radio station whose playlists are centrally controlled by accountants and marketeers.

Anyone who knows anything about modern radio understands that the purpose is to maximise listeners for advertising revenue. The music is an irrelevant interlude whose only purpose is to gain more earholes for advertisers. The idea that they take notice of calls from listeners is a joke.

I'm the smartest kid on the block by a very long way. Trust me: You do yourself no favours by having a hissy fit in my presence. Retire gracefully and actually read what I have posted about Morrissey's dilemma in achieving radio play. I've been entirely 'on-topic' the whole time, except when I've been forced to detour by irrelevant sniping about other artists, such as Ms Britney Spears.

Thanks for the link to 'wwoz' and I look forward to delving further into your local culture. This isn't 'personal'. I'm sure you're a very nice person, but you're out of your depth with me, so I'd just back off.

It's Mooney, bitch....

you sure your name isn't Chris Crocker???

you sure your name isn't Chris Crocker???

He only wishes he was. :rolleyes:

FYI AndrewGMooney,

You are on ignore. I only see your posts if you are quoted. After checking out your profile I did go back and edit my post. Why not go back and check the thread first before you post your master theses essays. People can edit posts.

You attacked Hellie in your first post on this thread and you are taking yourself way too seriously here over Britney. She has had the opportunity in the past couple months to get treatment for her illness and has refused. There is no longer any excuse to be made for her at this time. Until the courts mandate a judicial commitment she will continue on her self destructive path. If she really wanted out of the spotlight to get well so she could be a good mother to her two babies she can go home and get the privacy she needs to get well. She's basically told her hometown to screw it.

Slagging her for her crappy music is not the same as slagging her for her mental illness. She still can't sing worth a damn and I don't f***ing like her music. There are other artists who are much better and would have better success if the people had the chance to hear them. However, the conglomeration of terrestrial radio has changed that. I do know all about that issue. Morrissey isn't the only artist I like who has to fight the suits to get his music heard.

Now back to ignore...

I'd shut the f*** up about Britney if I were you .......... * * * A LOT OF TEXT AND RANTING DELETED * * * .......... It's Mooney, bitch....

Shhhhh. Go to sleep, go to sleep, for the sand man is coming. Hush now, and takes these chill pills o o o o

Last edited:

Goodness, but that's a witty wisecrack. No, my name is Mooney. Not Clooney. Not Rooney. And not Chris Crocker!

What's your name when you're not hiding behind your screen I.D? No, don't bother. As if I could care. When you've got something worth saying to me, communicate. Otherwise, stick to your inane clique.

F.O.A.D

Shhhhh. Go to sleep, go to sleep, for the sand man is coming. Hush now, and takes these chill pills o o o o

Why would I need any 'chill pills' when I can be sent into a deep sleep by your 'witty' riposte. Prat.

Back
Top Bottom