Help BBC 6 Music pick the Ultimate Morrissey Playlist

Excellent!

We are very spoilt that you did Smiths playlist in May.

Please send my best regards to Tom and your team. :)

Hopefully you will play You Are The One by The Marvelettes.

Last edited:
Hi Will.

From a fan's perspective, the thing you must include is anything dug out of the BBC archives that hasn't been heard for a long time, rather than Peel sessions that came out as b-sides or on Hatful of Hollow. I think the one that probably tops this list is Wonderful Woman recorded for the Kid Jensen show (4 July 1983).

I've Changed My Plea To Guilty would be a good b-side to include.

In terms of Morrissey influences, it is never the wrong occasion to play Saturday Nite Special by the Sundown Playboys.

Or Muhammad Ali by Johnny Wakelin. Not actually known to be a Morrissey favourite, but Morrissey spoils his book a little by repeatedly referring to Cassius Clay.

Last edited:
Hi,

Hope you're well.

I work on a show called Now Playing @6Music and this Sunday we'd love your help in picking the Ultimate Morrissey Playlist.

The show is 6-8pm and as well as Morrissey and Smiths tracks, we want people who have inspired him, artists who he's inspired, related artists, collaborators and any other links you can think of.

We've got a blog up here which explains things in a bit more detail - http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/nowplayi...sic-help-pick-the-Ultimate-Morrissey-Playlist

And on Twitter we're using #Morrissey6Music.

What do you think we must include?

Will

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent!

Kewpie, let me just pass you this. You never know, you might need it.

hid_blk_torch.jpg

Hello there,
A must play for Moz... Nobody Loves Us - always thought that should have been a single.
Influences... 11yr old Moz tapped his toes to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMAaQYDGjYU
(Groovin' with Mr.Bloe by Wind).
Regards,
FWD

Last edited:
Moz states in Autobiography that The Righteous Brothers' You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin was a huge influence. Maybe that one should be played?

hi,

hope you're well.

I work on a show called now playing @6music and this sunday we'd love your help in picking the ultimate morrissey playlist.

The show is 6-8pm and as well as morrissey and smiths tracks, we want people who have inspired him, artists who he's inspired, related artists, collaborators and any other links you can think of.

We've got a blog up here which explains things in a bit more detail - http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/nowplaying/posts/morrissey6music-help-pick-the-ultimate-morrissey-playlist

and on twitter we're using #morrissey6music.

What do you think we must include?

Will

Last edited:
Ultimate 10-track Moz playlist:

1 The Queen is Dead (rank)
2 Everyday is like Sunday (single)
3 I Know It's Over (the queen is dead album)
4 First of the gang to die (single)
5 Don't make fun of daddy's voice (john peel version)
6 paint a vulgar picture (strangeways album version)
7 This Charming Man (single)
8 Seasick yet still docked (Beethoven live)
9 There is a light (queen is dead album)
10 The Last of the famous international playboys (single)

Last edited:
Excellent!

The old campfire by Foo Foo Lamar (Aka The tough puff)

Benny-the-Butcher

"Sunny" by Morrissey

"Something That Remains" by calm of zero

"Loneliness Remembers What Happiness Forgets" by Dionne Warwick

"Autumngirlsoup" by Kirsty MacColl

Last edited by a moderator:
"Never Played Symphonies" and "My Dearest Love" and "Playing Easy to Get" and "To Give the Reason I Live" and "It's Hard to Walk Tall When You're Small" and "Children in Pieces."

NotLiterallyButMetaphorically

"Never Played Symphonies" and "My Dearest Love" and "Playing Easy to Get" and "To Give the Reason I Live" and "It's Hard to Walk Tall When You're Small" and "Children in Pieces."

NotLiterallyButMetaphorically

I PLAN 2 COME BACK A WEEK TODAY! (might even be before!)

Well I did say I was coming back soon!

Well someone has 2 put up with this stuff of mine ! :thumb::)

Will listen 2 the radio show later tonite!

Hope miss kristeen young is mentioned!
Shes wonderfull ! :)

Right now BBC 6 Music Mary Anne Hobbs is also celebrating the publication of autobiography.

She is asking listeners to share their stories about Morrissey.

A woman wrote her that she got a black eye at early Smiths gig because of the gladiolus which was threw by Morrissey hit her eye.

You can listen again from iPlayer.

Yea thanks 4 that Kewpie Im just listenig to the moz radio 6 show now !
Its wonderfull!
Loads of people are texing in and e-mailing in ect and hes reading extracts out of the book and playing morrissey himself talking ect !
I have of course took the liberty of e-mailing the show and recommend he play anything by the gothic princess herself - miss KristeenYoung!

Kristeen young is absolultey INCREDIBLE!!!!
The likes of which we have never seen nor heard before!
Her beautifull vocals leave one speachless!!!!!!! :)

So listen In 2 the radio show whilst on morrissey solo forums and we will see if my e-mail is mentioned on the radio LOL :)
Every day is not like sunday ! :)

Well I did try and help and contribute 2 the radio show, sent an e-mail and recommeded miss KristeenYoung, but unfortunatly he never mentioned it nor played anything by her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
At least patti smith was on which did in part just about save the show!

But what good is having a ultimate radio show setlist dedicated 2 morrissey with out mentioning kristeenYoung!!!!!

It would be a bit like going 2 see morrissey live in concert and Kristeen not being here 2 open up!
IT WOULD BE COMPLETELY POINTLESS AND A COMPLETE WASTE OF EVERYONES TIME AND MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Im never going to see morrissey live in concert ever again if kristeens not there 2!

Tags
bbc 6 music morrissey the smiths
Back
Top Bottom