Morrissey Central "HELLO HELL" (April 19, 2021)

HELLO HELL

April 19, 2021

"This is my first comment (and hopefully my last) on The Simpsons' episode - which I know has enraged many people. The hatred shown towards me from the creators of The Simpsons is obviously a taunting lawsuit, but one that requires more funding than I could possibly muster in order to make a challenge. Neither do I have a determined business squad of legal practitioners ready to pounce. I think this is generally understood and is the reason why I am so carelessly and noisily attacked. You are especially despised if your music affects people in a strong and beautiful way, since music is no longer required to. In fact, the worst thing you can do in 2021 is to lend a bit of strength to the lives of others. There is no place in modern music for anyone with strong emotions. Limitations have been placed on art, and no label will sign an artist who might answer back. Anyway, forgive me, we all know this because we can see how music - and the world in general, has become a mesmerizing mess, and we must let it go spinning along unbearably because free speech no longer exists. We all know this. In my case, nothing about my life has ever been matter-of-fact; nothing about my songs has ever been matter-of-fact … so why would they now be? Since my very first interview several decades ago I have lived with horrible accusations to such a degree that it is generally understood that 'this is how we write about Morrissey'. In other words, I'm quite used to it. I've had enough horror thrown at me that would kill off a herd of bison. Accusations usually come from someone with a crazed desire for importance; they don't operate at a very high level. Writing for The Simpsons, for example, evidently requires only complete ignorance. But all of these things are too easy for me to say. In a world obsessed with Hate Laws, there are none that protect me. Often, the scandal sheets (do we STILL refer to them as 'news'papers?) attempt to psychologically wound an artist, and then, hopefully stir up enough hatred against that artist so that s/he is physically wounded. False theories of race are now the most common (and boring) aspect of all criticism, and will continue to be so until accusations of racism are in themselves illicit. I have watched 'Smiths fans' being attacked by the UK press on the grounds that 'Smiths fans' are too backward to understand the person that I am; I have watched the modern Morrissey audience be ridiculed by the UK press with the belief that they, too, couldn't possibly know who I am, and I have lost several high-profile friends because they could no longer live with the night and day harassment from British journalists who are suicidally anguished because they cannot urge the people around me to drum up tell-tale incidents of racism. This battle fatigue I face alone, although I am very grateful to the writer Fiona Dodwell for her eloquent appraisals of the victimization that now automatically associates with my name, and on which The Simpsons latest episode feasts.
People continually ask me why I do not retaliate - especially following the Sky Sports open slander. The answer is explained in the first few lines of this comment. Life is difficult and you must face it on your own, and even with the impossible-to-imagine legal artillary, everything can be repaired … except the human heart.

It is easier for me not to go on. You know I couldn't last."

MORRISSEY
19 April 2021, Los Angeles.

Morrissey_Band_G013_copy_2_vq4iws.jpg

Edit: That picture appears to be by Travis Shinn, from the same session that produced the inner sleeve pictures of Something Is Squeezing My Skull.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
he has a point: we need to protect this middle aged millionaire white man from this cruel world! who’s with me??

I don't think you know what slander means.
there's a stark asymmetry between the representations used of young moz and current day moz. young moz relies on caricature, all of which contains some correlation to the real life young moz. you would think from this that it would follow that they would do the same with their representations of current day moz. but instead of a caricature with current day moz they give you grotesque untruths. going from the young moz who is a pretty accurate representation of the real life young moz, symmetry would suggest that so also is their current day moz an accurate representation of the real life current day moz, therefore it would seem that they are suggesting to their audience that real life moz has given up his vegetarian ways. it's not direct slander of course, but it has the nature of a slanderous attack.

Last edited:
i agree with morrissey. i found the first half in good enough taste and enjoyable, but the second half was awful. the fun of the simpsons is that the absurd is really close to 99% of the truth. not so with having morrissey shoot sausages into an audience. no truth, so not fun, or funny. had they done that with McCartney, the hammers of hell would be opon them. a real low point in simpsons history, and the laziest of writing, the cheapest of " laughs". im dissapointed, to say the least

there's a stark asymmetry between the representations used of young moz and current day moz. young moz relies on caricature, all of which contains some correlation to the real life young moz. you would think from this that it would follow that they would do the same with their representations of current day moz. but instead of a caricature with current day moz they give you grotesque untruths. going from the young moz who is a pretty accurate representation of the real life young moz, symmetry would suggest that so also is their current day moz an accurate representation of the real life current day moz, therefore it would seem that they are suggesting to their audience that real life moz has given up his meat eating ways. it's not direct slander of course, but it has the nature of a slanderous attack.
All this and you’re the one who pretends to be a novelist or whatever?

Oddly, Morrissey Central still has the post up promoting the episode. Are they still on some level flattered by it?
He does thrive on negative energy and there’s a tidal wave of it directed at him. He probably does love it.

“...suicidally anguished”

“It is easier for me not to go on. You know I couldn't last."

Attention all delusional, extremist, fascist Morrissey fans: This is the end of your false idol, coward, traitor, worthless Morrissey. He has spelled it out for you. His suicide is imminent and there’s NOTHING you fools can do to save him. Imagine ending your life because of a cartoon. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Morrissey isn't really vegetarian. You all know that, right? He's been spotted eating fish. The band aren't. They snuffle up bacon the moment they're out of his sight. It's been this way forever.

All of the rumours
Keeping me grounded
I never said, I never said that they were
Completely unfounded
And all those lies
Written lies, twisted lies
Well, they weren't lies
They weren't lies
They weren't lies

(they're really not lies. none of them. not the naked romps with the band, not the eating fish and other seafood, not drinking so much he's eroded his esophagus...)

You can't sue people for making fun of you. At least, not unless you can prove it caused you financial harm. And if you didn't have a record deal to start with... getting your ass beat by Lisa Simpson is a happy day.

He is bigger than this.

Morrissey Lytham St Annes Summer 1963 +.jpg

Head high and f*** 'em all...​

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom