Hello again !

H

hibernianbilly

Well, its been a while. All is extremeley well in the Hibernianbilly world, except that I am losing my hair and Hibs have been crap all season, otherwise I am on a lucky streak. I found another album by David Devant, anyone else heard of him ? Nothing is happening with Moz as usual I see, oh well.

Re: David Devant..

> Well, its been a while. All is extremeley well in the Hibernianbilly
> world, except that I am losing my hair and Hibs have been crap all season,
> otherwise I am on a lucky streak. I found another album by David Devant,
> anyone else heard of him ? Nothing is happening with Moz as usual I see,
> oh well.

..And his Spirit Wife.. never got to see them but understand they were great in a rock thatrical kind of sense.. 'This Si For Real' was a great fun single. I bought one of their albums though and that was poor...

Welcome back hibs man.. what happened to you for Brian Setzer btw? Your name was mentione on Saturday night in leeds funnily enough..

like a bad penny

Amazing or what, as Ruff said we mentioned you as in 'Whatever happened to...' & bloody-hell here you are.
Happy New Year Billy.
Good luck to the Hibs.
Grim

David Devant and His Spirit Wife

I'm a huge fan of David Devant and His Spirit Wife...that makes two of us! As far as I'm aware they've only done two albums (one of which was via mail order only).

I saw them in concert in the mid 1990's and it was one of the best live experiences I have ever witnessed. The single 'Ginger' was and still is a classic. I do like a bit of 'theatre' at live music events - and they provided it in spades.

There was an interesting documentary about them on Channel 4 once - but I don't think anyone watched it (just me again). The singer ceremonially burned his Elvis wig at the end. Tragic - and yet beautiful.

Respect - Chris Keating (Manchester, England)

Back
Top Bottom