He’s being a bit of a… Tim Booth calls out Morrissey amid far-right support claims - Echo

He’s being a bit of a… Booth calls out Morrissey amid far-right support claims - Echo
Press Association 2018

Tim Booth has labelled Morrissey a “dick” amid claims the revered singer supports the far-right.

The former Smiths frontman has just postponed his UK and European tour dates with his management saying “logistical problems” were to blame.

Booth and Morrissey were contemporaries in the Manchester music scene of the 1980s, as members of James and The Smiths respectively, with Booth saying the pair were once friends.

The 58-year-old, who is preparing to release a new album with James titled Living In Extraordinary Times, told the Press Association: “I knew Morrissey as a friend when he was sweet, very shy, very frightened. Wanting success, wanting what happened with The Smiths and also terrified of it simultaneously.

“I saw about their seventh gig in Manchester and they were fully formed. They were ready, they were lock and loaded. And we weren’t.

“They were so kind to us. Morrissey called us the best band in the world, they took us on tour, they tried to take us to America but we actually turned them down. And they were so sweet, all of them, for years.

“But I know he’s become a bit of a dick.”

Booth also said Morrissey’s former bandmate, Johnny Marr, “kept that band together” and was “one of the sweetest human beings you will ever meet”.

Morrissey, 59, recently sparked fury when he expressed sympathy for the jailed EDL founder Tommy Robinson.

Protesters labelling themselves former fans of the singer planned to hold an anti-racism party to coincide with his gig at the Castlefield Bowl in Manchester before it was postponed.

Booth added: “As I say, he did some very kind things for us so therefore it’s hard for me to say he’s a dick but he’s being a dick at the moment.”

43413_tim_booth.jpg

Tim Booth performing with James (Karin Albinsson/PA)

Last edited by a moderator:
I put out an APB on Drama J all over Oregon.
To be on the lookout for a:frogface: with a:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: on top of his noggin.:constructionworker:

So far nothing.:policeofficer: But we havent checked the bowling alley yet.

Wasting 30 seconds of my life again. John Maher lives in Portland, Oregon and I do not know anything about him living in Mankchester. The house in Portland is a modest 2 bedroom house with a basketball court in the backyard. It's not a lavish house like Steve's in Malibu. The point is to not let psycho Anon posters from So-Low and foreigners spending their life savings flying to LA and Portland and buying a "star map" to stalk them.

Wasting 30 seconds of my life again. John Maher lives in Portland, Oregon and I do not know anything about him living in Mankchester. The house in Portland is a modest 2 bedroom house with a basketball court in the backyard. It's not a lavish house like Steve's in Malibu. The point is to not let psycho Anon posters from So-Low and foreigners spending their life savings flying to LA and Portland and buying a "star map" to stalk them.
And he can often be seen at Devil's Point on Southeast Foster, doing coke and abusing the strippers. When he's done with that, he can be found scarfing Carne Asada over at Por Que No? on Hawthorne. He laughs at all the people who believe he's actually a vegan. Once, he combined the strippers and the carne asada and took his tacos to go, but he got confused and stuffed a dollar in his mouth after pelting a lovely young dancer named Cricket with a taco al pastor. They didn't even care that he was famous, they kicked him out just the same. So he went to Union Jack's down on Burnside and that is how easy it is to write bullshit fiction about a place when you actually know the city you're writing about.

a group who have been living off one hit a long long time ago,another in the long list,who will be next.
Lets just say if James advertised three nights at Castlefield Arena they would sell out very quickly.....

And he can often be seen at Devil's Point on Southeast Foster, doing coke and abusing the strippers. When he's done with that, he can be found scarfing Carne Asada over at Por Que No? on Hawthorne. He laughs at all the people who believe he's actually a vegan. Once, he combined the strippers and the carne asada and took his tacos to go, but he got confused and stuffed a dollar in his mouth after pelting a lovely young dancer named Cricket with a taco al pastor. They didn't even care that he was famous, they kicked him out just the same. So he went to Union Jack's down on Burnside and that is how easy it is to write bullshit fiction about a place when you actually know the city you're writing about.
Aztec met his match!

LOL

Crowd stands up shouting MORE MORE!

OH SHUT UP SHUT UP JUST SHUT UP
SHUP UP TIM BOOTH
SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUUUUT UUUUP
TIM BOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH

Lets just say if James advertised three nights at Castlefield Arena they would sell out very quickly.....
lets just not say because it hasn't happened,when its announced come back on here.

I think you're being wilfully blind to the facts. Check the date of that article - it wasnt two weeks before Yaxley-Lennon's arrest, it was more than a year before. As the article states, the large number of defendants meant the case has been split into three separate trials. So at the start of the first trial (ie some time after the incident in this report) a court order was made banning reporting of the first and second trials until all three are over. Again, standard practice.

In short, these protesters (and the newspaper report) were not in breach of a court order because no court order was in place at that stage. It was put in place by the judge later.
The Youtube footage is 8th January 2018 - this year.

Same trial. No arrests. Why? Because Tommy Robinson wasn't there.

I have explained, but you seem to have trouble getting your heard around it so I'll try again. It is perfectly legal to film anyone in a public place and to report on court proceedings UNLESS THERE IS A COURT ORDER IN PLACE BANNING IT.

The difference between this case and the hundreds of others you mention is because this one had a court order on it, the others didn't. It was nothing to do with the fact that this case involves Muslims and the others didn't - that's just your (incorrrect) assumption.

And the trial was not over - it's still going on. You'll know when it's over because the reporting restrictions will be lifted and the Daily Mail will then be free to run acres of coverage about the evil Muslim grooming gangs to get your mob all foaming at the mouth (again).
The court order was for reporting restrictions in the court. Tommy R was talking into his phone outside on the public street. He revealed no details that were not already in the public domain. For example all the defendants names and addresses had already been revealed in the local papers.

I'm just stating facts here, pure and simple, but some people will battle with facts until they're blue in the face - all to stick up for Muslim paedophile rape gangs!

Hard to believe, isn't it?
Totally!! Some anti Mozzers are just brainwashed and should TAKE ON THE FACTS FFS!! Your average Smiths/Moz devotee WOULD BE f***ED UNDER SHARIA LAW!! Probably be beheaded or thrown from a rooftop, but the lies continue...

Totally!! Some anti Mozzers are just brainwashed and should TAKE ON THE FACTS FFS!! Your average Smiths/Moz devotee WOULD BE f***ED UNDER SHARIA LAW!! Probably be beheaded or thrown from a rooftop, but the lies continue...

They need to watch this. It explains why Tommy Robinson formed the EDL and how the police have been hounding him with arrest after arrest ever since on the orders of (our useless) government.

People who scream about TR being racist are simply illustrating their ignorance of what he's about. He's working class - no political party represents the working class. Labour abandoned them years ago when Britain was de-industrialised. They were left to rot. People who attack working class concerns are quite happy with the neverending two-party Tory/Labour circus we've had for coming up to a hundred years now. They don't want change. They're comfortable with things the way they are.

The establishment are shit scared of people who rock the political boat, because they know they will appeal to many people, meaning they themselves will be overthrown. This fear filters down from on high to the whiners on social media who do the establishment's social correcting/policing for them.

If i was an exotic dancer, my name would be Lucky Strike

You must mean UNFUNNY VERY BAD bullshit fiction.:rolleyes:

Tim, I'd never normally contradict you - however, don't say harsh things about Morrissey as we need all of you giant souls to stick together. You can't just shrug your shoulders and have an open door policy for future generations to be overwhelmed by foreign cultures. Peace, love and all that but sometimes you've got to make a stand. We're only a very petit little island and our green spaces are rapidly disappearing. Some common sense has to jut against our benevolence to mankind in general. Thank you for writing so many, many wonderful songs - now and to come.

The court order was for reporting restrictions in the court. Tommy R was talking into his phone outside on the public street. He revealed no details that were not already in the public domain. For example all the defendants names and addresses had already been revealed in the local papers.

Tommy must have employed one helluva shitty lawyer then, seeing as he committed no crime, there was no evidence of any crime, and yet he plead guilty and got locked up for months...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom