He’s being a bit of a… Tim Booth calls out Morrissey amid far-right support claims - Echo

He’s being a bit of a… Booth calls out Morrissey amid far-right support claims - Echo
Press Association 2018

Tim Booth has labelled Morrissey a “dick” amid claims the revered singer supports the far-right.

The former Smiths frontman has just postponed his UK and European tour dates with his management saying “logistical problems” were to blame.

Booth and Morrissey were contemporaries in the Manchester music scene of the 1980s, as members of James and The Smiths respectively, with Booth saying the pair were once friends.

The 58-year-old, who is preparing to release a new album with James titled Living In Extraordinary Times, told the Press Association: “I knew Morrissey as a friend when he was sweet, very shy, very frightened. Wanting success, wanting what happened with The Smiths and also terrified of it simultaneously.

“I saw about their seventh gig in Manchester and they were fully formed. They were ready, they were lock and loaded. And we weren’t.

“They were so kind to us. Morrissey called us the best band in the world, they took us on tour, they tried to take us to America but we actually turned them down. And they were so sweet, all of them, for years.

“But I know he’s become a bit of a dick.”

Booth also said Morrissey’s former bandmate, Johnny Marr, “kept that band together” and was “one of the sweetest human beings you will ever meet”.

Morrissey, 59, recently sparked fury when he expressed sympathy for the jailed EDL founder Tommy Robinson.

Protesters labelling themselves former fans of the singer planned to hold an anti-racism party to coincide with his gig at the Castlefield Bowl in Manchester before it was postponed.

Booth added: “As I say, he did some very kind things for us so therefore it’s hard for me to say he’s a dick but he’s being a dick at the moment.”

43413_tim_booth.jpg

Tim Booth performing with James (Karin Albinsson/PA)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reckon Tommy Robinson sounds like a baseball player from the 1950's, no reckon Uncle Steve likes him.

Reckon lol! Look at your Brit Hero Tim Booth teaching Jazzercise in LA. What's next mate? Uncle Steve teaching boxing at Azteca Boxing Club in East LA? Reckon you foreigners are pathetic. This bald f***er Tim, John Lydon, Michael Albert Broad, Herman, Dave Evans, and of course Uncle Steve...the list goes on... spend their entire lives trying to get away from you Brits and Nazis and move to LA and you still adore them. Have some pride.

http://www.kateshela.com/classes.htm

When Kate is Away

• Class will be taught by Tim Booth or selected excellent teachers
• Tim is a teacher with over 25 years experience. He is a 5Rhythms teacher, trained in Voice Dialogue Therapy and The Meisner Technique. He is also the singer in the band James. You are in very good hands.

timbooth.jpg

Reckon Tommy Robinson sounds like a baseball player from the 1950's, no reckon Uncle Steve likes him.

Reckon lol! Look at your Brit Hero Tim Booth teaching Jazzercise in LA. What's next mate? Uncle Steve teaching boxing at Azteca Boxing Club in East LA? Reckon you foreigners are pathetic. This bald f***er Tim, John Lydon, Michael Albert Broad, Herman, Dave Evans, and of course Uncle Steve...the list goes on... spend their entire lives trying to get away from you Brits and Nazis and move to LA and you still adore them. Have some pride.

When Kate is Away

• Tim is a teacher with over 25 years experience. He is a 5Rhythms teacher, trained in Voice Dialogue Therapy and The Meisner Technique. He is also the singer in the band James. You are in very good hands.

View attachment 44916

Earlier this week you said he didn’t live in LA,

Reckon I didn't even know who Tim was until asking around at The Marquis and then found out he was a Jazzercise instructor in Topanga Canyon and West LA. I reckon I would like to be a fly on the wall at The Marquis this Tuesday for all u can eat potato tacos and hear James O'Brien, lil' Sammy, and Steve tear this Tim clown apart. I reckon they will start with his bald head and then move to Jazzercise instructor.

Sure. Because there was no court order banning publication of that material. It's really not difficult to understand. The judge in this case issued an order banning reporting of the case until the outcome of the trial (again, something very common in UK courts) to avoid prejudicing a jury. Yaxley-Lennon broke that order by broadcasting about the case while it was still ongoing. Nothing sinister to any of this, all standard practice.
Sorry but you havn't explained why people are allowed to film OTHER cases but anyone opposed to muslim grooming gangs etc. can be dragged before the courts for it, don't get on your high horse over this because we both know the real reason behind all of this.. just for your info, the trial was OVER they were FOUND guilty

He had no choice but to plead guilty because he WAS guilty. And the proof of his guilt, as you state, was all over the internet.

My point is that Morrissey, like the rest of the 'Free Tommy' brigade, is wrong. As I explained above, there was nothing unusual at all with the speed and way in which Yaxley-Lennon was dealt with, it was totally standard procedure when dealing with contempt of court.

I'm from 'round here' (I presume you mean the UK) and I worked in the London court system for seven years. 'Found guilty' is when a magistrate or jury rules you are guilty (even though you pleaded not guilty), 'pleaded guilty' is when the defendant admits it. I suspect you know this, but you are interchanging the terms to keep up this idea that he has been silenced by the state. It's disingenuous. It also shows you are not interested in the truth - you are only interested in spreading your version of the truth (which in this case is not the truth at all).
then once again I ask you to explain why no other cameramen have ever been charged with taking photos over the years for hundreds of cases the only one I know of is TR.. but of course you WONT admit the real reason

Sure. Because there was no court order banning publication of that material. It's really not difficult to understand. The judge in this case issued an order banning reporting of the case until the outcome of the trial (again, something very common in UK courts) to avoid prejudicing a jury. Yaxley-Lennon broke that order by broadcasting about the case while it was still ongoing. Nothing sinister to any of this, all standard practice.
nothing sinister, you are fooling nobody

Thanks for that, I was not aware of that statement he issued. It only further goes to show how boneheaded the 'Free Tommy' brigade are. They're running around bleating about injustice and silencing free speech while the man himself has at least had the good grace to admit he understands and accepts the consequences of his wrongdoing. Maybe his supporters should listen to him a bit more.
so you don't think that Tommy was advised to say that..

It's a witch hunt and they've got Robinson again - this time for doing exactly what a full crowd of protesters did outside that same court only a few weeks before, same trial, and there was a lot more of them and they were much more vocal - and yes, they were filming. I've seen it on YouTube. Police everywhere but they arrested nobody. It's blatant state harassment.

Here are the protesters doing the same thing TR did 2 weeks later - same trial (and in the article are all the suspects names and addresses: https://metro.co.uk/2017/05/12/prot...or-rape-and-exploitation-of-children-6632078/

This is proof that they specifically targeted Robinson for arrest.

It's on YouTube also.

I think you're being wilfully blind to the facts. Check the date of that article - it wasnt two weeks before Yaxley-Lennon's arrest, it was more than a year before. As the article states, the large number of defendants meant the case has been split into three separate trials. So at the start of the first trial (ie some time after the incident in this report) a court order was made banning reporting of the first and second trials until all three are over. Again, standard practice.

In short, these protesters (and the newspaper report) were not in breach of a court order because no court order was in place at that stage. It was put in place by the judge later.

Sorry but you havn't explained why people are allowed to film OTHER cases but anyone opposed to muslim grooming gangs etc. can be dragged before the courts for it, don't get on your high horse over this because we both know the real reason behind all of this.. just for your info, the trial was OVER they were FOUND guilty

I have explained, but you seem to have trouble getting your heard around it so I'll try again. It is perfectly legal to film anyone in a public place and to report on court proceedings UNLESS THERE IS A COURT ORDER IN PLACE BANNING IT.

The difference between this case and the hundreds of others you mention is because this one had a court order on it, the others didn't. It was nothing to do with the fact that this case involves Muslims and the others didn't - that's just your (incorrrect) assumption.

And the trial was not over - it's still going on. You'll know when it's over because the reporting restrictions will be lifted and the Daily Mail will then be free to run acres of coverage about the evil Muslim grooming gangs to get your mob all foaming at the mouth (again).

then once again I ask you to explain why no other cameramen have ever been charged with taking photos over the years for hundreds of cases the only one I know of is TR.. but of course you WONT admit the real reason

The key thing regarding Tommy’s conviction is that the judge decided that there was a real risk of the trial being prejudiced by his actions. He was warned of this but chose to ignore it. There is a certain irony in him complaining about people who « come over here and don’t respect our laws » and then failing to respect them himself.
There have been terrible failures in the past e.g. Rotherham but in this case the authorities had acted appropriately and arrested the perpetrators without being hamstrung by PC fears, and it was not being somehow kept secret. So all Tommy had to do was wait for sentencing to have taken place, and then report on it.
Tommy Robinson isnt his real name. His real name is Steven, but he doesn’t like anyone to call him that. Now whete have I heard that before? LOL

nothing sinister, you are fooling nobody

I'm not trying to fool anyone, I'm trying to help people like you to see the truth. I appreciate it's difficult for someone who is not a trained journalist or works in the court system to understand so here's another example:

Before the famous News of the World phone hacking trial a few years back, a bunch of the journalists pleaded guilty. However, because a small number of their co-accused opted to plead not guilty and go to trial, the judge put a court order on the case banning reports of the guilty pleas until the end of the trial to avoid prejudicing the case (the logic being - if the jury knew the others had admitted it then they would assume the ones denying it were lying about their own involvement). Had a newspaper defied that order and run a story on the guilty pleas before the trial, the editor would have been 'dragged' before the court for contempt. Just as Yaxley-Lennon was.

This is all standard procedure. But because you don't understand enough about how the court system works you are choosing to assume there's something sinister going on. There really isn't.

Now, the first charge: Contempt of court. What does that relate to? Nobody knows.

Oh come on, now you're just being ridiculous. It's been explained several times, you are just refusing to listen. So, one more time and then I'm stepping away because it's pointless trying to explain to someone who doesnt want to understand...

A court order was in place banning reporting of the trial until the end of the trial. Yaxley-Lennon breached that order by reporting on the trial while it was still going on. That made him guilty of contempt of court. Geddit now?

When Kate is Away

View attachment 44916

The LOSER is an AEROBICS TEACHR?? AN FING gay AEOROBICS TEACHR WTF?
AND THIS IS THE TWAT THAT PONTIFICATES AT MOZ A AEROBICS TEACHER?:rolleyes:
the GREAT "JAMES" doenst make enough money for him to be able to stay
in Manchester without coming to LA three times a year to be an AEROBICS instructor?:rofl:

THATS ON CREEPY AEROBIC INSTRUCTOR IF YOU ASK ME :tears:

The key thing regarding Tommy’s conviction is that the judge decided that there was a real risk of the trial being prejudiced by his actions. He was warned of this but chose to ignore it. There is a certain irony in him complaining about people who « come over here and don’t respect our laws » and then failing to respect them himself.
There have been terrible failures in the past e.g. Rotherham but in this case the authorities had acted appropriately and arrested the perpetrators without being hamstrung by PC fears, and it was not being somehow kept secret. So all Tommy had to do was wait for sentencing to have taken place, and then report on it.
Tommy Robinson isnt his real name. His real name is Steven, but he doesn’t like anyone to call him that. Now whete have I heard that before? LOL

:crazy:
It has been established that Tommy was merely standing on the street. If the Ayatollahs had been rioting in front of the courthouse the twat judge would have but his tongue up his arse FFS:straightface:

People have the right to ask the freedom of that person, since his imprisonment doesn't come from a conduct clearly typified as a crime from a social or cultural point of view, nor by a general law that typifies that particular conduct. It is a crime since a judge decided that kind of conduct in a particular situation, for political or governmental reasons -not because the conduct is clearly described in a general law- had to be considered as a crime. There are multiple situations like this, but the abundance of them doesn't justify their existence neither their validity. These sort of crimes created ad-hoc (that is, established for a particular situation) are morally upsetting and they are against the most elemental idea or feeling of justice. The more a legal system admit the creation of particular situations liable to be criminalized in this way, the less democratic and away from justice and legal reason it is. This kind of criminalized situations function as legal privileges but in reverse. They are the ultimate proof a legal system is plagued by legal insecurities. That without considering dictatorships are mainly defined by the number of people criminalized by this sort of ad-hoc crimes. They are considered political prisioners. Imagine that any possible conduct in your daly life can be criminalized because one person decides that conduct is inconvenient, for any reason, in a given situation. That is totalitarian, kafkian, fascist. The thing is: can you see the difference? If most people don't notice it... well, that is dramatic.

It has been established that Tommy was merely standing on the street. If the Ayatollahs had been rioting in front of the courthouse the twat judge would have but his tongue up his arse FFS:straightface:

the real question is , why does the UK gvt protect the muslims and not their own people? European governments protect muslim immigrants but not people that were born there and pay taxes? You hand over 40% of your paycheck , you are owed a reason what they do with the money. Do you really want to work 20 hours a month for people that dont care about fitting in? the real reason is much more complex and disturbing and when the truth comes out in the end (which it will, it always does) you will all be extremely angry.

Trump doesn't like illegal immigrants because it costs a fortune and if the do some how manage to get in , what are they going to do for money? You can get a work visa pretty easy from Mexico, but they dont want to bother doing it legally.

When Kate is Away

View attachment 44916
LMFAO!!!

Its this new reason for self loathing. "brown people" something the commie pollos made up recently.
Whats good for the 'brown people' is not so good for the non brown people so something is good and
bad at the same time. Its called left wing loon pollo insanity.:crazy:

Needless to say these Pollos take much more in benefits and dole that the few shekels they pay in taxes (sales tax at the pub is all the tax they pay):rolleyes:

Now look at this James dude, I figured there was something funny about him. The Clairol hipster goatee:brows: right away I detected a huge Drama J:frogface: vibe to the dork. Turns out his a FING AEROBICS teacher ffs like
RICHARD SIMMONS. Yet is pontificating about Moz.doh:

Tim Booth is probably friends with Johnny Marr he has said nice things about Johnny Marr. Johnny Marr lives in Portland, Oregon a lot of the time.
Hi. Oregonian here. Just wanting to put to bed the rumor that Johnny Marr lives here even part time. He moved back to England years ago. When he lived here, there was a bit of a Spot-the Johnny game that was played and people talked about bumping into him/seeing him at the store, bar, etc. He went to many popular businesses and definitely wasn't a recluse. No Johnny sightings in forever.

Nobody in Oregon knew or knows who Drama J is. FFS
Yes there was a spot the nut with the :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:, the 5o year old dude who
who loitered in the tattoo parlor.:neutral: But they thought it was a roaming nut
from the bean commune.:grin:

Back
Top Bottom