He’s being a bit of a… Tim Booth calls out Morrissey amid far-right support claims - Echo

He’s being a bit of a… Booth calls out Morrissey amid far-right support claims - Echo
Press Association 2018

Tim Booth has labelled Morrissey a “dick” amid claims the revered singer supports the far-right.

The former Smiths frontman has just postponed his UK and European tour dates with his management saying “logistical problems” were to blame.

Booth and Morrissey were contemporaries in the Manchester music scene of the 1980s, as members of James and The Smiths respectively, with Booth saying the pair were once friends.

The 58-year-old, who is preparing to release a new album with James titled Living In Extraordinary Times, told the Press Association: “I knew Morrissey as a friend when he was sweet, very shy, very frightened. Wanting success, wanting what happened with The Smiths and also terrified of it simultaneously.

“I saw about their seventh gig in Manchester and they were fully formed. They were ready, they were lock and loaded. And we weren’t.

“They were so kind to us. Morrissey called us the best band in the world, they took us on tour, they tried to take us to America but we actually turned them down. And they were so sweet, all of them, for years.

“But I know he’s become a bit of a dick.”

Booth also said Morrissey’s former bandmate, Johnny Marr, “kept that band together” and was “one of the sweetest human beings you will ever meet”.

Morrissey, 59, recently sparked fury when he expressed sympathy for the jailed EDL founder Tommy Robinson.

Protesters labelling themselves former fans of the singer planned to hold an anti-racism party to coincide with his gig at the Castlefield Bowl in Manchester before it was postponed.

Booth added: “As I say, he did some very kind things for us so therefore it’s hard for me to say he’s a dick but he’s being a dick at the moment.”

43413_tim_booth.jpg

Tim Booth performing with James (Karin Albinsson/PA)

Last edited by a moderator:
Blikey, now I know who this jealous wacker is. He teaches Jazzercise in West LA and he is talking shit about Uncle Steve? I reckon he probably shares an apartment in El Segundo with that black chap from the Brittish Beat who teaches rollerblading at Venice Beach.

Now get on the Mporium uk foreigners so All American Capitalist Steve Morrissey can count your money while getting a sun tan on his deck in Malibu. Good on ya Uncle Steve!

According to Tommy R, he was tricked into pleading guilty and didnt really want to because he was innocent all along. He was clearly guilty of contempt. All he had to do was wait until the trial was over and then report on it, but he insisted on massively shitstirring outside the court.

However I suspect there is some truth in Tommy having been harassed generally by the authorities and media.

Another Moz fan put me on to Douglas Murray and The strange death of Europe. Now there’s someone who presents a well-constructed argument...

"I've changed my plea to not guilty," then?

"A bit of a dick" is a phrase you will here 12 times an hour, in Manchester Pubs.

Even without the presence of Morrissey, or myself, or Mr. Emery.

How can you be happy to remain so ignorant? There's more than enough true information on the last few pages of this thread to demonstrate how he was legitimately jailed for a criminal offence and yet still you stick your fingers in your ears and sing 'la la la he's a political prisoner'.

You know, there's no law against admitting you might have got something wrong. It's fine, no one will hate you for it. I used to be a climate change denier. For years I swam against the tide insisting it was all nonsense, but over time I found I had increasingly flimsy arguments. And as the evidence stacked up and more and more people who knew what they were talking about spoke out about it, I looked at it again with an open mind (that's the important bit, keeping an open mind; ie not ruling out that you might be wrong) and realised I HAD been wrong all those years. And you know what? It felt great. Finally realising and admitting to myself that my increasingly desperate efforts to deny evidence and reality were futile and that eventually the truth outs itself - it was liberating and gave me an entire new approach to life. I've been a much better person since that day, and a much happier one.

Thanks for the response. I'm glad you're happier now - gaining an open mind really is liberating. And most people do not have open minds. They believe everything they read in the media and follow the attitudes and opinions of those on social media. The biggest fear of modern times is being a social pariah. But I would rather seek the truth wherever it is and no matter how uncomfortable or taboo-breaking it is.

Please read these facts, especially those in the final paragraphs:

From the moment Robinson started the EDL the establishment issued an order to close the group down and imprison him for whatever they could find. They arrested him after one of his protests overran by three minutes. They raided his and all his family members' homes and seized their computers etc. They got the police to follow and harass him everywhere. They jailed him for some mortgage bullshit then put him in a room full of violent Muslims who attacked him. They allowed a Somalian prisoner to attempt to stab him in the back (but luckily Robinson beat the shit out of him - and the Somalian of course ran crying to the screws).

Why haven't they kicked down the doors of the 25,000 potential Muslim terrorists they admit to be currently residing freely in Britain? People who could cause carnage at any moment?

It's a witch hunt and they've got Robinson again - this time for doing exactly what a full crowd of protesters did outside that same court only a few weeks before, same trial, and there was a lot more of them and they were much more vocal - and yes, they were filming. I've seen it on YouTube. Police everywhere but they arrested nobody. It's blatant state harassment.

Here are the protesters doing the same thing TR did 2 weeks later - same trial (and in the article are all the suspects names and addresses: https://metro.co.uk/2017/05/12/prot...or-rape-and-exploitation-of-children-6632078/

This is proof that they specifically targeted Robinson for arrest.

It's on YouTube also.

Last edited:
He wasn't done for protesting. He was done for breaching reporting restrictions, which he'd previously received a suspended sentence for.
He was arrested for breach of the peace (weird because he was doing no such thing) then instead, charged with contempt of court for filming outside an ongoing trial.

My point is that only a fortnight before others were filming outside the same trial in front of many policemen, and also making a furore - and none were arrested.

He was arrested for breach of the peace (weird because he was doing no such thing) then instead, charged with contempt of court for filming outside an ongoing trial. My point is that others were filming outside the same trial in front of many policemen, and also making a furore - and none were arrested.
Breaching reporting restrictions=contempt of court.

But who can you see filming in the link you provide?

No one is ganging up on Morrissey, he has said a bunch of stupid shit over the years and people have always given him a pass or the benefit of the doubt because of his music and brilliance, but you can only give a pass and tolerate so much for so long that many of these stupid racial and outlandish things that he says that you as an individiual have to say to yourself for f***s sake shut the f*** up to the man or come to realize maybe he is a racist deep down and a pathological liar. He also has no sense of empathy unlesss it’s for one of his causes.

WtF? "you have to say to yourself for f*** sake"??????:crazy:

Is this your 30 minute playtime at the insane asylum.:crazy:
The back to the rubber room LOL

Looks like that Mr. Wratten made his Ratsback Twitter site private, and he deleted his blog entry today. I wonder if it is because of his writing about others.

Morrissey is way better, cooler, smarter, and more artistic than all those wannabes. So they get jealous and make ad hominem attacks showing their ignorance. It's so sad.
Tim Booth had one US hit about getting "laid" and he sang about dying his eyes making him go blind. He's stupid.

#iHeartMOZ
Yes I totally agree with everything you say. Morrissey is THE best!!!!

They are all wannabes, leeches and has-beens who were once friends/acquaintances with Morrissey a long time ago.

I bet Tim Booth wishes that he actually was Morrissey but he will never be him. His band 'James' I think based their music on Morrissey.

I can't remember now the history with Moz and the 'James' band when they were first starting out. From what I remember Morrissey was very supportive of them in the beginning but something happened and Tim Booth has been bitter ever since.

Morrissey is famous all over the world including in America he still has a huge following, he has an impact and he is relevant.

All of those idiots from the long gone 'Madchester' scene who are currently crawling out of the woodwork one by one to slag Morrissey off and "Garbage" frontwoman Shirley Manson and Billy Bragg are irrelevant.

Morrissey speaks so much truth! I think that Morrissey is a very brave man. Sometimes I worry for him. He still has massive record sales so he will probably be alright.

I pray for Morrissey. I hope and pray that he will be blessed with a really long, happy, healthy life because I truly want to him outlive all of them. Like you and many others I love Morrissey.

Ok, so links to their videos, details of which elements of the reporting restrictions you think they have breached.
They were filming outside the same active trial, just like Robinson was, except they were being much more vocal. Robinson was mainly speaking into his phone and filming his own face.

He was jailed for 10 months for contempt of court.

And also 3 months for breaking his bail restrictions (this might be related to filming outside the court).

Now, the first charge: Contempt of court. What does that relate to? Nobody knows.

And why was he initially arrested for 'breach of the peace'?

Let's face it, the whole thing stinks.

I could go out and batter someone senseless and not get 13 months.

If you can't see this, you're in denial. Many people are. Once they identify somebody as toxic all reason goes out the window and heightened emotion completely takes over. This is now what people are doing to Morrissey. The majority of people in the UK want immigration reduced - yet the people on social media scream the loudest (echoing everything the establishment wants them to say.)

How many people have actually sat down with an open mind and researched Tommy Robinson and what he's about rather than only listened to the screaming hate.

Robinson is not racist, he is anti-Islam, (ie anti-a crazy ideology followed by people who hate us and our way of life) and so should you be if you care for the rights of women, children and animals.

Last edited:
I didn't realize how unintelligent people were in England until I realized how brainwashed you all are. You pay for millions of immigrants with your hard earned money , defend them when they rape children, and then launch a hate campaign on someone that mildly disagrees.

What exactly is in it for the common person in England to have millions of immigrants in your country? seriously, please explain. what is in it for YOU?

Yes I totally agree with everything you say. Morrissey is THE best!!!!

They are all wannabes, leeches and has-beens who were once friends/acquaintances with Morrissey a long time ago.

I bet Tim Booth wishes that he actually was Morrissey but he will never be him. His band 'James' I think based their music on Morrissey.

I can't remember now the history with Moz and the 'James' band when they were first starting out. From what I remember Morrissey was very supportive of them in the beginning but something happened and Tim Booth has been bitter ever since.

Morrissey is famous all over the world including in America he still has a huge following, he has an impact and he is relevant.

All of those idiots from the long gone 'Madchester' scene who are currently crawling out of the woodwork one by one to slag Morrissey off and "Garbage" frontwoman Shirley Manson and Billy Bragg are irrelevant.

Morrissey speaks so much truth! I think that Morrissey is a very brave man. Sometimes I worry for him. He still has massive record sales so he will probably be alright.

I pray for Morrissey. I hope and pray that he will be blessed with a really long, happy, healthy life because I truly want to him outlive all of them. Like you and many others I love Morrissey.

To be honest though Morrissey is more famous for his public image than for his music. Some would like to say he owes it all to The Smiths but this isn't actually true. I don't think anyone asks Morrissey about Johnny Marr but Johnny Marr can't do an interview or probably talk to a fan more than two minutes without being asked about Morrissey.
Morrissey needs to make a really good record and all of this would go away.

Morrissey has never had a problem with James. There is a live recording where he is asking the audience to name some "crashing bores" and when someone shouts "James" he seems very surprised and says "James? James are nice." and then repeats "James are nice." He may not feel that way now though.

I think some of you people are a little mixed up including Tim Booth, Morrissey never said that he supports Tommy Robinson it was the press that said that, what Morrissey actually said was " it was wrong what happened to Tommy Robinson "

:thumb:

To be honest though Morrissey is more famous for his public image than for his music. Some would like to say he owes it all to The Smiths but this isn't actually true. I don't think anyone asks Morrissey about Johnny Marr but Johnny Marr can't do an interview or probably talk to a fan more than two minutes without being asked about Morrissey.
Morrissey needs to make a really good record and all of this would go away.

Morrissey has never had a problem with James. There is a live recording where he is asking the audience to name some "crashing bores" and when someone shouts "James" he seems very surprised and says "James? James are nice." and then repeats "James are nice." He may not feel that way now though.
In my view Morrissey is famous for his music, his artistry, his writing, his lyrics. All of that is what made him famous he is a true artist. I don't understand what you mean about his 'public image'? It isn't a contrived thing he is very real. I like the fact that he is very open and honest in his interviews. Sadly, freedom of speech is slowly being eroded here in Britain.

Morrissey made The Smiths NOT the other way round. Morrissey doesn't need the other Smiths to be successful and he has proved this time and time again!

You said: "I don't think anyone asks Morrissey about Johnny Marr but Johnny Marr can't do an interview or probably talk to a fan more than two minutes without being asked about Morrissey."

This is true because Morrissey is still relevant and still making great music. Johnny Marr is irrelevant.

Morrissey has made plenty of really good records. I love his new album "Low in High School" he has never sounded better. The music is better than ever!

I personally don't care about this 'James' band they mean nothing to me. Maybe Morrissey used to like them as I said before Moz was definitely very supportive of them when they were first starting out but that was years ago. I doubt he likes them now. Tim Booth is not 'nice' he is nasty.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom