He’s being a bit of a… Tim Booth calls out Morrissey amid far-right support claims - Echo

He’s being a bit of a… Booth calls out Morrissey amid far-right support claims - Echo
Press Association 2018

Tim Booth has labelled Morrissey a “dick” amid claims the revered singer supports the far-right.

The former Smiths frontman has just postponed his UK and European tour dates with his management saying “logistical problems” were to blame.

Booth and Morrissey were contemporaries in the Manchester music scene of the 1980s, as members of James and The Smiths respectively, with Booth saying the pair were once friends.

The 58-year-old, who is preparing to release a new album with James titled Living In Extraordinary Times, told the Press Association: “I knew Morrissey as a friend when he was sweet, very shy, very frightened. Wanting success, wanting what happened with The Smiths and also terrified of it simultaneously.

“I saw about their seventh gig in Manchester and they were fully formed. They were ready, they were lock and loaded. And we weren’t.

“They were so kind to us. Morrissey called us the best band in the world, they took us on tour, they tried to take us to America but we actually turned them down. And they were so sweet, all of them, for years.

“But I know he’s become a bit of a dick.”

Booth also said Morrissey’s former bandmate, Johnny Marr, “kept that band together” and was “one of the sweetest human beings you will ever meet”.

Morrissey, 59, recently sparked fury when he expressed sympathy for the jailed EDL founder Tommy Robinson.

Protesters labelling themselves former fans of the singer planned to hold an anti-racism party to coincide with his gig at the Castlefield Bowl in Manchester before it was postponed.

Booth added: “As I say, he did some very kind things for us so therefore it’s hard for me to say he’s a dick but he’s being a dick at the moment.”

43413_tim_booth.jpg

Tim Booth performing with James (Karin Albinsson/PA)

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? From one Oh 'shite down song' ?? He looks like Andrew Anglin with a beard and never had an inch of the talent Moz has. ONE CRAP STUDENT SONG IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!

Between everyone here posting and the person they are attacking....I'm pretty sure he is much more intimate with the subject matter than some starstruck internet warriors who found slight relevance in some song lyrics. Let's hope they don't attack him for not allowing Morrissey his free speech, not realizing their idiocy.

I'm no Nazi, I'm a MEMBER of the Labour Party!! Many of grass roots party members know what's going off in ENGLAND and are seriously pissed off , I know him (AA) from laughing at the OPEN NET!! I make my own mind up, as should others!! You really do seem triggered dude:blushing::blushing:

I'm no Nazi, I'm a MEMBER of the Labour Party!! Many of grass roots party members know what's going off in ENGLAND and are seriously pissed off , I know him (AA) from laughing at the OPEN NET!! I make my own mind up, as should others!! You really do seem triggered dude:blushing::blushing:

You make your own mind Up by your own self? The thought of independent thinking triggers all the Ayatollahs on here, led by Supreme Leader Skinny and his many sock puppets. I think you better
double check the TOS to see if its allowed, cant say for sure if it is.
Thank you for your steadfast patriotism against the MuslimIslam, keep eyes open:eyes: for a sock puppet
with the avatar 'Surface', he is Skinny as Stasi.:japaneseogre: Very annoying sock puppet.

*sighs* yeah OK, you do realise that this site is a joke don’t you?
No it isn't. It is a very useful site full of Moz news, news that you might not find anywhere else. I still find it a very interesting site, and some of the posters are smart, funny, and helpful.
A few clowns have tried to turn it into a circus but the face paint always runs off eventually and people lose interest in laughing at them falling over each other.

Fook you Morrissey for making this the most hectic summer on this forum ever. Even the old chatroom felt like a breeze compared to this.
We've all had to cancel our summer plans and are hanging over a keyboard instead of being on some beach so yeah thanks once again pal.

Another backstabber biting the hand that kindly fed him.

Booth would be nowhere without Morrissey. His band would've bitten the dust back in the 80s. He'd be skint and selling incense in a hippy market.

It's a fact that many of the working class have deserted the Labour Party. And why is this? Because Labour first deserted them. Parties like For Britain are remarkably similar to old Labour, which is a credible thing to be - and which is why the establishment are terrified of such parties and will do anything to defame them.

Same with Tommy Robinson. From the moment he started the EDL the establishment issued an order to close the group down and imprison him for whatever they could find. They arrested him after one of his protests overran by three minutes. They raided his and all his family members' homes and seized their computers etc. They got the police to follow and harass him everywhere. They jailed him for some mortgage bullshit then put him in a room full of violent Muslims who attacked him. They allowed a Somalian prisoner to attempt to stab him in the back (but luckily Robinson beat the shit out of him - and the Somalian of course ran crying to the screws).

Why haven't they kicked down the doors of the 25,000 potential Muslim terrorists they admit to be currently residing freely in Britain? People who could cause carnage at any moment?

It's a witch hunt and they've got Robinson again - this time for doing exactly what a full crowd of protesters did outside that same court only a few weeks before, same trial, and there was a lot more of them and they were much more vocal - and yes, they were filming. I've seen it on YouTube. Police everywhere but they arrested nobody.

It's blatant state harassment.

Last edited:
It's a fact that many of the working class have deserted the Labour Party. And why is this? Because Labour first deserted them. Parties like For Britain are remarkably similar to old Labour, which is a credible thing to be - and which is why the establishment are terrified of such parties and will do anything to defame them.

Same with Tommy Robinson. From the moment he started the EDL the establishment issued an order to close the group down and imprison him for whatever they could find. They arrested him after one of his protests overran by three minutes. They raided his and all his family members' homes and seized their computers etc. They got the police to follow and harass him everywhere. They jailed him for some mortgage bullshit then put him in a room full of violent Muslims who attacked him. They allowed a Somalian prisoner to attempt to stab him in the back (but luckily Robinson beat the shit out of him (and the Somalian of course ran crying to the screws).

Why haven't they kicked down the doors of the 25,000 potential Muslim terrorists they admit to be currently residing freely in Britain? People who could cause carnage at any moment?

It's a witch hunt and they've got Robinson again - this time for doing exactly what a full crowd of protesters did outside that same court only a few weeks before, same trial, and there was a lot more of them and they were much more vocal - and yes, they were filming. I've seen it on YouTube. Police everywhere but they arrested nobody.

It's blatant state harassment.
BANG ON!!

Anne Marie is more left wing than ANYBODY on here!! She fookin CARES about the NHS more than the TORIES!! She was LIEBOUR at one point and saw thru thier MUSLIM led agenda and WOKE UP!! She's IRISH and cares more about the BRITISH than our stupid own POPULATION!!

BANG ON!!

Anne Marie is more left wing than ANYBODY on here!! She fookin CARES about the NHS more than the TORIES!! She was LIEBOUR at one point and saw thru thier MUSLIM led agenda and WOKE UP!! She's IRISH and cares more about the BRITISH than our stupid own POPULATION!!
Damn right.

But will it unknot the cognitive dissonance of the many haters who post on this site? That's the question.

Last edited:
No nice of Tim Booth to use a direct insult to Morrissey publicly. Fair enough Morrissey has been expressing himself very badly, but no reason to loose respect in that way.

Wow tell you what ! Steve must be havin a massive "Black dog" mare at the present. Can just imagine him spending the day sat behind his 5* hotel door sobbing on a cheese strike. "Diesel what the 4ck am I going to do with all the tatty dated merch I ordered for the pop up shops? And why has Timmy Uncouth stuck his 4kin nosey beak in? He's not even from Manchester ! Sob ! Herr ! Sob ! Herr ! Bring my reading glasses I'm going to start phoning my friends who I haven't spoken to in years in the middle of the night for some well earned sympathy and support, I'll start with Linder and Jimmy Maker might even ring Hoggy's"

If you want to know how bad it is just imagine how he looked when he released that ranting video about Der spiegel. He looked like a Granny of the night's well hammered tuna purse! Well it's that X 50 at the minute.
Poor Diesel ! The poor 4kr !

Keep up the good work Diesel lad. Yer doing a great job pal we're all counting on you to fix him back together good as new for sellout tours with the Lawnmowers performing shit hot mash ups of all his Golden oldies once again and again and again.

Nice one Boothy mate pass on my best to the rest of the lads as well, I'll be seeing you:handok:on the stadium tour later in the new year promoting the new album that's coming out very soon.

Nothing but love

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom