He’s being a bit of a… Tim Booth calls out Morrissey amid far-right support claims - Echo

He’s being a bit of a… Booth calls out Morrissey amid far-right support claims - Echo
Press Association 2018

Tim Booth has labelled Morrissey a “dick” amid claims the revered singer supports the far-right.

The former Smiths frontman has just postponed his UK and European tour dates with his management saying “logistical problems” were to blame.

Booth and Morrissey were contemporaries in the Manchester music scene of the 1980s, as members of James and The Smiths respectively, with Booth saying the pair were once friends.

The 58-year-old, who is preparing to release a new album with James titled Living In Extraordinary Times, told the Press Association: “I knew Morrissey as a friend when he was sweet, very shy, very frightened. Wanting success, wanting what happened with The Smiths and also terrified of it simultaneously.

“I saw about their seventh gig in Manchester and they were fully formed. They were ready, they were lock and loaded. And we weren’t.

“They were so kind to us. Morrissey called us the best band in the world, they took us on tour, they tried to take us to America but we actually turned them down. And they were so sweet, all of them, for years.

“But I know he’s become a bit of a dick.”

Booth also said Morrissey’s former bandmate, Johnny Marr, “kept that band together” and was “one of the sweetest human beings you will ever meet”.

Morrissey, 59, recently sparked fury when he expressed sympathy for the jailed EDL founder Tommy Robinson.

Protesters labelling themselves former fans of the singer planned to hold an anti-racism party to coincide with his gig at the Castlefield Bowl in Manchester before it was postponed.

Booth added: “As I say, he did some very kind things for us so therefore it’s hard for me to say he’s a dick but he’s being a dick at the moment.”

43413_tim_booth.jpg

Tim Booth performing with James (Karin Albinsson/PA)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think some of you people are a little mixed up including Tim Booth, Morrissey never said that he supports Tommy Robinson it was the press that said that, what Morrissey actually said was " it was wrong what happened to Tommy Robinson " he was talking about the speed in which he was arrested dragged before the courts and found guilty, I hope this clears it up for you but somehow I doubt it, brgds, Manc Lad

He wasn't "found" guilty, he PLEADED guilty. Which means he admitted doing wrong. Do you people ever stop with the misrepresenting of the truth just to shore up your arguments?? Sad thing is, even though I've just pointed out the reality of what happened re his case, you'll still go around with the idea that he was found guilty and was stitched up. Reality to you people is what you want it to be, regardless of the truth.

I think that if you were a Manchester band back in the day you’re going to get asked about Moz at the moment, don’t think it’s an album selling agenda. It has been clear for years he’s not keen on Moz anymore.

But I also agree with what stevethenutter said, these people don’t know him anymore do they, Marr, Joyce, Haslam, Booth. But they must know people that do though? And Moz is appearing to be spectacularly unhinged ATM.

:rolleyes:
He goes to LA whenever there are cheap plane tix offers maybe once a year buy lingerie. But hes no money to be able to live there FFS. He wears the cheapo type of culottes.:infodeskperson:

I think some of you people are a little mixed up including Tim Booth, Morrissey never said that he supports Tommy Robinson it was the press that said that, what Morrissey actually said was " it was wrong what happened to Tommy Robinson " he was talking about the speed in which he was arrested dragged before the courts and found guilty, I hope this clears it up for you but somehow I doubt it, brgds, Manc Lad

He pleaded guilty.

If the UK is so great , why does he live in LA? it's because it's over run with multi culture pro islam , don't be a racist bullshit.

Why do these far right idiots all have such a problem with commas?

Either way, the reason he lives in LA is Mike Joyce and because he's a tight c*** who won't pay up.

I think that if you were a Manchester band back in the day you’re going to get asked about Moz at the moment, don’t think it’s an album selling agenda. It has been clear for years he’s not keen on Moz anymore.

But I also agree with what stevethenutter said, these people don’t know him anymore do they, Marr, Joyce, Haslam, Booth. But they must know people that do though? And Moz is appearing to be spectacularly unhinged ATM.

People that do know him better or from recent years don't seem to be mouthing off which speaks volumes in itself.
We live in times where people exist in a on an engineered diet of fear based news,reality TV, soaps and talk shows catering to the l owest common denominator. As for music Google MK Ultra
Anyone who is their own person like Morrissey will be ganged up on by the mindless "moral,," majority who are incapable or afraid to think for themselves.
Anyone who genuinely questions our perceived reality appears "spectacularly unhinged" according to the drama obsess ed sheeple
Stay asleep and stick with the programme if that helps you get through life Good luck

It's a fact that many of the working class have deserted the Labour Party. And why is this? Because Labour first deserted them. Parties like For Britain are remarkably similar to old Labour, which is a credible thing to be - and which is why the establishment are terrified of such parties and will do anything to defame them.

Same with Tommy Robinson. From the moment he started the EDL the establishment issued an order to close the group down and imprison him for whatever they could find. They arrested him after one of his protests overran by three minutes. They raided his and all his family members' homes and seized their computers etc. They got the police to follow and harass him everywhere. They jailed him for some mortgage bullshit then put him in a room full of violent Muslims who attacked him. They allowed a Somalian prisoner to attempt to stab him in the back (but luckily Robinson beat the shit out of him - and the Somalian of course ran crying to the screws).

Why haven't they kicked down the doors of the 25,000 potential Muslim terrorists they admit to be currently residing freely in Britain? People who could cause carnage at any moment?

It's a witch hunt and they've got Robinson again - this time for doing exactly what a full crowd of protesters did outside that same court only a few weeks before, same trial, and there was a lot more of them and they were much more vocal - and yes, they were filming. I've seen it on YouTube. Police everywhere but they arrested nobody.

It's blatant state harassment.

That seems to be a political prisioner.

THANK YOU!!! I'm glad someone has intelligence on this site

THANK YOU!!! I'm glad someone has intelligence on this site

That poster does not have intelligence. That poster is simply wrong. Stephen Yaxley-Lennon pleaded guilty to contempt of court, and having been previously warned if he did it again he would go to jail, he was well aware of what would happen as a result of his guilty plea.

But his supporters continue to wrongly state that he was "found" guilty so they can continue to push the narrative that he is has been 'disappeared' by 'the state' and is a political prisoner. He isn't. He's a criminal. It's really that simple.

Also this notion that his case was dealt with unduly quickly (again suggesting something sinister happened) is not true either. All contempt of court cases are done that quickly. Walk into a courtroom during someone's trial, stand up and say "Hey judge, go f**k yourself". You will be arrested on the spot by court officers, held in a cell, and when the trial finishes for the day you will be brought before the judge to be dealt with for contempt of court. None of what happened to Yaxley-Lennon was out of the ordinary, it just serves the right-wing narrative to make out that it was.

People are being played by the 'Free Tommy' bunch and they can't/won't see it.

He's got a bit of a track record of sympathising with far right figures who he feels have been unfairly treated. Last October there were self-deluders on this forum saying pretty much the same thing about Anne Marie Waters. After all, he hadn't explicitly said he supported her then, he had just made it clear without being explicit.

He wasn't "found" guilty, he PLEADED guilty. Which means he admitted doing wrong. Do you people ever stop with the misrepresenting of the truth just to shore up your arguments?? Sad thing is, even though I've just pointed out the reality of what happened re his case, you'll still go around with the idea that he was found guilty and was stitched up. Reality to you people is what you want it to be, regardless of the truth.
He had no choice but to plead guilty he was all over the internet had he pleaded not guilty he would have been given more time, but I don't understand your point, Morrissey was pointing out the speed in which he was dragged before the courts etc. by the way around here we say found guilty.. just to let you know

By the way as you are so clued up can you tell me why the BBC cameraman who filmed the raid on Cliffs house or the people that filmed Rolf Harris etc. etc. were never arrested

Also this notion that his case was dealt with unduly quickly (again suggesting something sinister happened) is not true either. All contempt of court cases are done that quickly. Walk into a courtroom during someone's trial, stand up and say "Hey judge, go f**k yourself". You will be arrested on the spot by court officers, held in a cell, and when the trial finishes for the day you will be brought before the judge to be dealt with for contempt of court. None of what happened to Yaxley-Lennon was out of the ordinary, it just serves the right-wing narrative to make out that it was.

People are being played by the 'Free Tommy' bunch and they can't/won't see it.

:crazy:

WtF? If an Islamic says "judge f you" nothing happens.:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:
He goes to LA whenever there are cheap plane tix offers maybe once a year buy lingerie. But hes no money to be able to live there FFS. He wears the cheapo type of culottes.:infodeskperson:
I think that Tim Booth does actually live in LA. I think that he lives quite a privileged life! I doubt that Tim could care less what goes on here in the UK these days and he probably doesn't pay tax here anymore. Tim Booth has made his money and he now lives in LA.

Tim Booth is probably friends with Johnny Marr he has said nice things about Johnny Marr. Johnny Marr lives in Portland, Oregon a lot of the time.

Dave Haslam and John Robb are also friends.

I don't like Tim Booth's fashion sense at all but he can probably afford whatever he wants in life. I don't feel sorry for him. I just wish that he would leave Morrissey alone. I think that he is still feels bitter towards Morrissey all these years later.

I read an old interview of Peter Hook in the NME in 2009 he was saying nasty things about Morrissey. See link: https://www.nme.com/news/music/new-order-76-1318485

The Manchester singer Rowetta who is the backing singer in 'Happy Mondays' doesn't like Morrissey.

This makes me wonder if Morrissey has friends in Manchester bands like Joy Division/New Order, the Happy Mondays, The Stone Roses, James or Oasis?

Morrissey was from Manchester itself from a proper working-class background where as a lot of those bands/acts associated with the Manchester scene came from surrounding areas probably went to grammar schools and were more middle-class than they make out. Morrissey went to a secondary modern and yet he is way more intelligent than people with degrees.

In my view Morrrissey as a solo artist is better than all those bands/groups, acts and DJ' s in the Manchester indie/Haçienda scene put together! I hope that Morrissey is blessed with a really long, happy life so that he can outlive all of those idiots. Morrissey doesn't owe any of them anything.

By the way as you are so clued up can you tell me why the BBC cameraman who filmed the raid on Cliffs house or the people that filmed Rolf Harris etc. etc. were never arrested

Sure. Because there was no court order banning publication of that material. It's really not difficult to understand. The judge in this case issued an order banning reporting of the case until the outcome of the trial (again, something very common in UK courts) to avoid prejudicing a jury. Yaxley-Lennon broke that order by broadcasting about the case while it was still ongoing. Nothing sinister to any of this, all standard practice.

He had no choice but to plead guilty he was all over the internet had he pleaded not guilty he would have been given more time, but I don't understand your point, Morrissey was pointing out the speed in which he was dragged before the courts etc. by the way around here we say found guilty.. just to let you know

He had no choice but to plead guilty because he WAS guilty. And the proof of his guilt, as you state, was all over the internet.

My point is that Morrissey, like the rest of the 'Free Tommy' brigade, is wrong. As I explained above, there was nothing unusual at all with the speed and way in which Yaxley-Lennon was dealt with, it was totally standard procedure when dealing with contempt of court.

I'm from 'round here' (I presume you mean the UK) and I worked in the London court system for seven years. 'Found guilty' is when a magistrate or jury rules you are guilty (even though you pleaded not guilty), 'pleaded guilty' is when the defendant admits it. I suspect you know this, but you are interchanging the terms to keep up this idea that he has been silenced by the state. It's disingenuous. It also shows you are not interested in the truth - you are only interested in spreading your version of the truth (which in this case is not the truth at all).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom